Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dizzy

Career Change ?

Anyone here had a career change before ?

I'm getting sick of my current job nature, or the entire industry...cannot see the light anymore

thinking of switching to hospitality management...but dunno how to go about doing it.... :lol:

also worried about whether i'm too old to switch :wub:

Edited by dizzy

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I did, from technical to sales, to different industry, then back to the old thing again :lol: it was fun, but the price to pay is high.

Why dun you find out more about hospitality & tourism industry by taking up some part time courses first? There are quite a few subsidized by the government mah.

If you ever thought of starting a company or run a business, also do consider a entrepreneur course too, at least it gives you some overview about running a business, better than longpiak here and there right?

I did, from technical to sales, to different industry, then back to the old thing again !! it was fun, but the price to pay is high.

Why dun you find out more about hospitality & tourism industry by taking up some part time courses first? There are quite a few subsidized by the government mah.

If you ever thought of starting a company or run a business, also do consider a entrepreneur course too, at least it gives you some overview about running a business, better than longpiak here and there right?

i agree with you. unless u have a lot of savings or can afford to try out. but most of my peers and me are with study loans. we have to slog it out first before considering.. !!

when you reach a certain part of life, you would think of career change no matter how much you love your current company.... 

reason? 

as you grow, you have more to worry, more burden, more people you need to take care of. 

But this becomes a problem when you do know where to go and how to go. 

Solution? 

• Mix with more people. Someone not already your friends. 
  • Talk to new friends
  • Join seminars or workshops

These might help! 

On 6/5/2007 at 7:04 PM, tingshen said:

I did, from technical to sales, to different industry, then back to the old thing again :lol: it was fun, but the price to pay is high.

On 12/9/2007 at 10:50 PM, Dgal said:

i agree with you. unless u have a lot of savings or can afford to try out. but most of my peers and me are with study loans. we have to slog it out first before considering.. !!

There’s many choices too.. these days so easy with starting businesses online, just need to learn new skill sets like digital marketing well.. That said, you can always go back to the classic sales/entrepreneurship type of careers like insurance sales, or Property Agent career

If you’re self-disciplined that is.. 

If you are single and have saved up quite a bit, go for it cause you only live once. ?

Or you can join some volunteer groups so while you can feed yourself, you still find purpose in life if you can't find it at work. 

I decided to change my career too that's why I'm in college right now. I study Economy and I'm working on my research proposal about understanding economic trends and how they  can influence investment decisions, budgeting, and saving strategies. I found research proposal writer to help me with my writing. They use plagiarism-detection tools to ensure the authenticity of the essays they provide. I think that following the economy helps job seekers and employees understand the current job market conditions.