Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Horchew

Booster pump to increase water pressure

Hi all, even tho my unit is on 8th floor of 13 storey HDB but water pressure is still less than desirable. I notice pressure is weaker for mbr toilet, compared to common toilet. Kitchen sink has comparatively better pressure than common toilet.  MBR toilet's pressure is only slightly better during few hours between 2-4pm n aft 1am till 4am  funny but that's the case I noticed. 

Anybody has ever install booster pump to increase the flow/pressure?  I know it's illeg but maybe some might have done it? I saw some booster pump being posted on fb marketplace,carousel and ezbuy too. So wondering if workable & does it really boost up the flow?? 

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yes, they install, but sometimes there isn't enough pressure because of a weak pump. My mom on the 12th floor had that problem too. She went to a good plumber https://allstarplumbing.co/, and they installed a booster pump. I didn't hear of it being illegal, although it probably depends on the country you live in. Either way, your best bet is to talk to a professional, and if there is a problem with the installation, he'll let you know. And he may also suggest an alternative to solve the pressure problem.