Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
purpledino

Rerouting main SWVP (soil waste and vent pipe)

Hi couldn’t seem to find any topics on this so decided to ask.

the old terrace I bought has two level 2 toilets in the middle of of the house. They share a 4 inch SWVP which runs vertically down to level 1 right in the middle of the living and dining room. 
can I check, is it possible to run this pipe around the walls so it’s not so obtrusive? Or do main SWVPs need to be vertical without horizontal parts?

Edited by purpledino
Typo

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The waste pipe is connected to underground pipes which is connected to the IC. Shifting the pipe is possible but you need to know where is the underground pipe. It also involves hacking up the floor so that a new joint can be made. 
normally houses would have underground beams as well and sometimes the pipes run through or under these beams. 
PUB requires horizontal pipes to be of a certain gradient to ensure water flow. Normally it would be best to get a most direct route to the IC which also reduces the chances of choke points. 
you will need to get a licensed plumber to do the shifting. Also since it involves hacking the floor, you will need to redo the floor as well. 
If you find the pipe unsightly, can always create a box up to hide it. I have a waste pipe near the corner of my living room and I just do a box up such that it looks like another column instead. This would be much cheaper than trying to shift the pipe