Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kellhound

Autogate question

Hi,

I want to replace my swing gate to allow easier access for 2 cars into the car porch as the swing gate obstructs the car turning radius.

I was considering sliding gate but heard that it opens more slowly and you need clearance along the side wall for the gate to slide across. Then I came across this Delux Unigate trackless bifold auto gate which seems to have none of these disadvantages. Has anyone used this and what is your feedback?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 1/23/2021 at 7:58 PM, snoozee said:

My 3 panel trackless bifold gate mechanism is done by Yong fong. 
Gate is done by someone else

Hi,

May I ask why you did the gate and mechanism separately? How has your experience been with the trackless bifold gate?

39 minutes ago, Kellhound said:

Hi,

May I ask why you did the gate and mechanism separately? How has your experience been with the trackless bifold gate?

the whole thing (gate and mechanism) is part of the contract for my house rebuilt. so main contractor coordinated the subcons.
had initially planned for sliding gate but changed to 3 panels (2 panels bifold and 1 single panel) gate instead due to site constraints.

the whole gate takes about 20 seconds to open/close. I didn't want to have any track or center stopper in my driveway so this mechanism fulfills my requirements.