Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
CTN

Govt Responsible For The Rise In Property Prices?

I would tink the vast majority of home owners will tell u that their property valuations have not moved much lately.

My brother has been trying to sell his SD for the last 6 months without success. In the last week or so, he has received offers which he was willing to consider 6 months ago. But guess what his lawyer said to him?

It seems prices have SKYROCKETTED in the last 10 days and alot of sellers changed their minds and withdrew the option. No details were given but I reckon the owners rather compensate the buyers than sell now. Sentiments are definitely very bullish.

His advise to my brother was --- hold for another 6 months before selling if you can afford to hold.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
My brother has been trying to sell his SD for the last 6 months without success. In the last week or so, he has received offers which he was willing to consider 6 months ago. But guess what his lawyer said to him?

It seems prices have SKYROCKETTED in the last 10 days and alot of sellers changed their minds and withdrew the option. No details were given but I reckon the owners rather compensate the buyers than sell now. Sentiments are definitely very bullish.

His advise to my brother was --- hold for another 6 months before selling if you can afford to hold.

where's your brother's SD located?

The prices are way too high now and it should be stabilise or should be dropping soon. After MM's comments over ST yesterday, someone will have to do something. And with more properties planned for release in the next few years, supply would be greater than demand.

To me as a layman and commoner, it is just smart accouting practices to justify that stat boards are non-profit organisation. But is the government really operating at a deficit? Nobody knows.

Is tat so? The sillypore reserve on the other hand is probably rank top 10 in the whole world..

Probably.

his house near simei

I'm at Simei :~

Simei is a very nice place to stay, but the price doesn't seem to be influence by the current situation :bangwall:

Rank Country/Monetary Authority billion USD (end of month)

1 People's Republic of China $1202 (March) [1]

2 Japan $914 (June)

— Eurozone $440 (May)

3 Russia $406 (June 29) [2]

4 Taiwan $266 (June)

5 South Korea $251 (June)

6 India $213 (June 29) [3]

7 Brazil $148 (July 04) [4]

8 Singapore $144 (June)

9 Hong Kong $136 (May)

10 Germany $116 (May)

Probably.

I'm at Simei :~

Simei is a very nice place to stay, but the price doesn't seem to be influence by the current situation :bangwall:

Simei is a nice place I second that... lol.. i'm staying here also.. lol..

I would think that was planned strategically.

Strategically planned? To achieve what purpose?

The distortion caused to the markets affects both the foreign talents and the locals.

Foreigners are priced out of the rental markets, locals are priced out of buying their dream homes, only a few minority property owners benefit from this crunch.

Think govt also realised that this artificial shortage is no good for economy, that is why rush to release more land parcels, at the same time trying to talk down the price spikes. Problem is it takes time to put supply into the market, and short term shortage can get worse. Foreign talents and businesses will pack up and go home, while local populace will get even more disgruntled.

Multi-million $ cabinet did not planned properly, where is the helicopter vision?

Rank Country/Monetary Authority billion USD (end of month)

1 People's Republic of China $1202 (March) [1]

2 Japan $914 (June)

— Eurozone $440 (May)

3 Russia $406 (June 29) [2]

4 Taiwan $266 (June)

5 South Korea $251 (June)

6 India $213 (June 29) [3]

7 Brazil $148 (July 04) [4]

8 Singapore $144 (June)

9 Hong Kong $136 (May)

10 Germany $116 (May)

Our government operating at a deficit and yet building up our reserves over the years?

Unless my maths is **** lousy, the sums just does not add up.

Our government operating at a deficit and yet building up our reserves over the years?

lol... maybe ministers pay scale went up? lol..

i'm most likely wrong. :dancingqueen:

But because of the crash, ppty prices came down too much. Now it is trying to find the balance, so I don't think the rise in ppty prices is a bad thing.

Beside, most of the goods have increased too and the 2% GST is to kick off this July, so can expect prices to raise further.

Price increase is a good thing if it is accompanied by enhancement in functional utility and general increase in affordability from rising incomes.

Creating an artificial shortage to jack prices/economic figures up is not good idea, as reality will eventually catch up. The bubble of the mid 90s provided no lessons?

Ah Beng earns $100 a month, of which he contributes $20 to a reserve fund called CPF and takes home $80.

He spends $82 for that month, but his CPF invested in a unit trust by the name of GIC appreciated $5 for the same period.

Did he spend more then he earned?

Did his CPF grow?

Should Ah Beng cash out his CPF capital appreciation to pay off the $2 credit card debt? Or should Ah Beng sell off his masterbedroom at the land sales auction to settle the credit card debt?