Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Hi Guys and gals,

May i check now which blk did HDB release the key to liao. seems like onli 25A is doing reno only.

Also any one hire FS master? any recommendation? heard its quite x to haf one and the fee is about 1.8k. :furious:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Guys and gals,

May i check now which blk did HDB release the key to liao. seems like onli 25A is doing reno only.

Also any one hire FS master? any recommendation? heard its quite x to haf one and the fee is about 1.8k. :furious:

I think about $800 each for 4 and 5 room lah.

Yuan zhon shui (I forgot the name) charge about $1800 per room.

Hi Guys and gals,

i tot is 27B.. :furious:

could i know what's the cement screed you talking about? if do homog/ granite, still need?

Nemofc,

the cement screeding is necessary if u wish to laminate the floor, say bedroom, it is to bring the level of the floor up to a certain height. (cause laminated flooring is supposedly thinner than homo/tiles) for laminated floor after cement screeding it should leave around 12-15mm from the top of your kerb/bottom of your door (depending on type of laminated floor, I suppose).

cement screeding is simply a smoother cement, either for laminated floor or a normal cement floor, I guess you can opt for it for your bomb-shelter to cut cost if you want, as you can instruct HDB to do cement screeding for any height.

Therefore, engaging HDB (which is free) is necessary. I was quoted by someone at expo last week to do the cement screeding is around $200 per room/area. (for my 5room flat, it comes around 4x200, $800, they somewhat combined living and study room together, and quote me cheaper).

According to that person, HDB cement screeding's standard is not so good. (dunno true or not). I guess they just wanna earn that $800 blindly :furious:.

But it'd be good to engage them for a minimal fee to supervise hdb's work or do some touch up.

Btw, anyone engaged - or came across their review?. Their price is pretty good on non-furniture/wood work items.

hahahahaa... HAPPY.. i hvn't even submit my loan form leh.. haha.. not yet my turn to get keys leh.. sigh..

Hi Xlan,

Just wanted to check a few things :furious:

Mind if I ask how much you paid for the Mattress (Simmons Beautyrest Tribute), and where did you get it?. Went to expo last week, and it cost around $2639 for the Arlington model (if not mistaken another term for Beautyrest) for a queen size and $3039 for a king size.

I also noticed that you have gone for Water Heater,the free Rinnai model from City Gas. any idea/advice on the Gas consumption on a monthly basis? is it expensive? Hv u got the unit itself?

Any idea if City Gas have some kind of a lock-in period or contract/plan?.

Thanks.. hope it is not so much of a question! :furious:

Hi Guys and gals,

There is a FSM who has done the FS for my colleague. My colleague looks good and highly recommend him to me.

There is another frd who went to see this FSM. This FSM is like an ID because he drew out the layout of the furnitures location , colour of the wall & floor , hacking of wall, location of . . . . . <In simple - V. detailed>

BUT .... The colour combination that he choosen does not really appeal to me and gave 100% negative remark about this new flat.

Well, my frd has totally followed the FSM's advice. OMG !

I think about $800 each for 4 and 5 room lah.

Yuan zhon shui (I forgot the name) charge about $1800 per room.

Hi Happy,

it's Yuan Zhong Siu. Located at 64 Upper Cross Street, Opp. Chinatown Point.

This famous master is always on the TV during CNY countdown.

Also, does any 4-roomers here thinking of hacking away the small bedroom to make the living area bigger??? We are now toying with this idea.. :notti:

Hehe, we were having this idea too....esp when we see the living room...lol...

:lol:

Hi jasch,

Mine is 90sqm, but really seems shorter & smaller than other 90sqm.. funny.. :lol:

Who u going to sign with, can reveal?? Or pm me.. hehe.. KPO abit.. :notti:

i am now looking at earnest interior.. most prob will sign with them le... they quote me abt 28k... but tink we asked for a lot of carpentary lar.. :lol:

Hi Happy,

it's Yuan Zhong Siu. Located at 64 Upper Cross Street, Opp. Chinatown Point.

This famous master is always on the TV during CNY countdown.

Yes that is the one.

In fact I consulted them for the unit!:notti:!

But then their charges a bit high; $1800 est. for 5 room unit for 2 hours!:lol:

We intend to look for cheaper fsm without any major changes to the unit. eg hacking.

cement screeding is simply a smoother cement, either for laminated floor or a normal cement floor, I guess you can opt for it for your bomb-shelter to cut cost if you want, as you can instruct HDB to do cement screeding for any height.

For my unit, the HHS is already screeded... can feel/see the cement floor is much smoother than the cement floor of the LR/DR/BR... :notti:

There is a FSM who has done the FS for my colleague. My colleague looks good and highly recommend him to me.

There is another frd who went to see this FSM. This FSM is like an ID because he drew out the layout of the furnitures location , colour of the wall & floor , hacking of wall, location of . . . . . <In simple - V. detailed>

BUT .... The colour combination that he choosen does not really appeal to me and gave 100% negative remark about this new flat.

Well, my frd has totally followed the FSM's advice. OMG !

Can understand why your friend followed the FSM's advice. We should be prepared to change if we decided to see FS. Otherwise better don't see... Don't know anything and don't do anything about it, is better than knowing it yet not doing something about it.

But a good FSM should be able to give good solutions yet the house still looks nice. FSM chargers range from $300 - $1000. Those charge higher are those with advertisements lor, and look into very detail one. I think I'll just go for basic consultation.

Anyone planning for a bar counter or breakfast counter at this foyer area? I need ideas...

me me me...a breakfast counter...actually like a L-shaped kitchen is what I have in mind...

Hi LING

Can you post the pic here?

What it look loke to have a breakfast counter?

HAPPY