Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Happy, i think they can absorb one, only whether they want or dun want to absorb for you.. I do not want to pay additional liao, cos infact, if ID go to that shop they price they are getting will not be the display price that we see.. They will get additional discount one.. So bargain with them.. :)

Hi BIZZ

Thanks for your info.

Just to ask you again.

If you confirm with that id/contractor, what is the step?

1) Quotation

2) Requotaion

3) OnSite inspection on their ongoing project

4) Drawing

5) Redrawing and requotaion

5) Selection of tiles

6) Final quotation

7) Take keys and bring contractors to have exact measurement.

8) Final Quotaion

Supposing if you have not confirm, and they ask you to see tiles, does that mean they though you already confirm?

How to go about it?

Plse advice.

Best regards.

Happy

Happy, i think they can absorb one, only whether they want or dun want to absorb for you.. I do not want to pay additional liao, cos infact, if ID go to that shop they price they are getting will not be the display price that we see.. They will get additional discount one.. So bargain with them.. :(

Hi BIZZ

Ok, if I want the tiles that is higher, I will try to bargain and ask them to absorb.

i really agree they are irritating.. like that day when we just got our keys and gg to open our door... when we reached the lift a uncle from ThoXX HoXX keep pushing his name card to us when we told him we already saw their showflat unit in 25a liao...

Then after that he even follow us to our doorstep and refuse to go off until my bf tell him at least 3 times we will go down look for him once we are done.. so irritating...

Then wehn we are in the house another contractor actually knock on our door and offer to bring us to see his another unit in blk 27b.. really wonder how did they manage to know which unit got ppl??? :good:

but the next day we wnet down again we learn to be more clever.. whenever those uncle approach us.. we will say we already engaged ID le.. then they will leave us alone :notti:

aiyo...if I get my key, I fear for this day...where all the buaya touting uncles swamp around you one by one.

I thought that now the market is booming and lots of pple are renovating houses especially enbloc estate??

Then why still need those touting uncles come and harass us?

Means what?

They dont have any businesses?

They are tarnish their reputation!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Pert,

We went to Balestier on sat to see the tiles and lightings, we went to a few and the store with the most customers is Lights Arcade and Lumiere, for Lights Arcade, the prices seems rather more competitive and Lumiere have very nice and classy designs.. The other lighting shops, when we see no ones inside we dun dare to go in..

For tiles, we also went to Hafary, LSH and SBH.. Our comments are:

SBH - Good variety, price competitive

Hafary - Have very nice tiles, prices abit higher

LSH - Competitive with SBH but variety wise I find SBH's variety is alot more..

Maybe we went to SBH at Jurong East there, the whole showroom is huge..

Pert, may I also ask, how many lights we need to buy? My ID just tell us to go choose with him, but I want to do a market survey first.. :notti:

Hi binzz,

My ID also asked me to go along with him to choose only. i also dont know how many lights is require..But my ID did told me that we need to spend at least $800-$1400 leh.. Then he bringing us to Singapore Lighting Mart lo.. I also dont know??

Anyone buying Rinnai hob&hood and stove too??

happy,

For me, I confirm already, so the steps is?

1) Quotation

2) OnSite inspection on their ongoing project

3) Re-quotation

4) Drawing (selection of type of materials & colour) - if go ID bah, I think contractor not giving any 3D drawings, most of the time is hand drawn.. But if you know what u want, its ok..

5) Redrawing and requotation

6) Selection of tiles / lightings / curtains / hood & hob / oven / sink => I am now at this stage

7) Drawing & requotation (I already may change my current design to accomodate what I want)8) Detailed carpentary drawings & renovation schedule

9) Final Quotation

10) Take keys and bring contractors to have exact measurement.

11) Any changes after the final quotation should be under variation order already..

Supposing if you have not confirm, and they ask you to see tiles, does that mean they though you already confirm?

How to go about it?

Happy, as long as you are not paying anything to them, means not nothing is confirm.. Although I confirm my ID, but I tell him I want to go see see look look around first then I go with him.. :good:

Ok, if I want the tiles that is higher, I will try to bargain and ask them to absorb. :notti:

Hi binzz,

My ID also asked me to go along with him to choose only. i also dont know how many lights is require..But my ID did told me that we need to spend at least $800-$1400 leh.. Then he bringing us to Singapore Lighting Mart lo.. I also dont know??

Anyone buying Rinnai hob&hood and stove too??

Thanks pert, I check with my ID, but he also never say, only ask us to go together with him to choose.. hmmm, how?

I will be getting the Rinnai hob & hood package, but the hob go to my mum's place.. I will be buying a Franke hob, cos we like it small and sturdy.. Not glass hob, but abit traditional SS hob.. hehe.. But still may be subjected to changes..

Hey gadget girl, we saw the same piece, its at $3.60 right? My quotation only allow me to choose up to $3.. Did they give any discount???

couldn't recall the price, it's either 3.60 or 3.80 (for sure is even number). will check it once I reached home.

Binzz, I was thinking to nego that with my ID, since the shop owner said if get all from them, it will be cheaper, and since kitchen tile is cheaper, I think the average price should come to around $3 quar.

Mine too,.. but I think it's okay with the price even after nego they are not allowing to reduce further, and if it doesn't differ that much (as it is really the material that is costly).

For tiles, I think the area that is going to be covered may not be that big, for me around $3 should be quite okay as long not over $4.

My sis even suggested the super white at havary costing 10+ psf, she said it's worth the investment as it is very white and cooling.. *she is crazy... and not her pocket that will have big hole....! :notti:

Heard from one uncle on site, probably early late nov to early dec...

dunno how accurate he is, but 26B looks almost complete,

saw some workers last saturday cleaning 26C and 26B windows.

Also what looks to be a basketball court is taking shape in front of 26B.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/1408/distant26bviewgk8.jpg

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7853/infront26baw3.jpg

Hi Neighbour,

So glad you are keeping us updated on the progress of block 26B. So when do you think is the earliest we should be getting our keys? Any advice from all of you out there??? :notti:

Really anxious cos we really want to move in by CNY 08, which is on the 7th Feb.

My sis even suggested the super white at havary costing 10+ psf, she said it's worth the investment as it is very white and cooling.. *she is crazy... and not her pocket that will have big hole....! :notti:

We saw that tooo... I am also sooooo in love with that one.. My hubby say if strike toto tonight, he buy gimme = wait long long.. hahahaha...

happy,

For me, I confirm already, so the steps is?

1) Quotation

2) OnSite inspection on their ongoing project

3) Re-quotation

4) Drawing (selection of type of materials & colour) - if go ID bah, I think contractor not giving any 3D drawings, most of the time is hand drawn.. But if you know what u want, its ok..

5) Redrawing and requotation

6) Selection of tiles / lightings / curtains / hood & hob / oven / sink => I am now at this stage

7) Drawing & requotation (I already may change my current design to accomodate what I want)8) Detailed carpentary drawings & renovation schedule

9) Final Quotation

10) Take keys and bring contractors to have exact measurement.

11) Any changes after the final quotation should be under variation order already..

How to go about it?

Happy, as long as you are not paying anything to them, means not nothing is confirm.. Although I confirm my ID, but I tell him I want to go see see look look around first then I go with him.. :good:

Ok, if I want the tiles that is higher, I will try to bargain and ask them to absorb. :notti:

THks BINZZ

That is really a great help.

At least can follow the steps...

Last weekend, one id told me no more stock in spore for certain granite I requested. Asked all over spore, they wont indent the tiles. Should I believe the id?

Or

Go to another shortlisted and ask them? Will the answer be the same?

Not more this tiles in Spore?

Thanks pert, I check with my ID, but he also never say, only ask us to go together with him to choose.. hmmm, how?

I will be getting the Rinnai hob & hood package, but the hob go to my mum's place.. I will be buying a Franke hob, cos we like it small and sturdy.. Not glass hob, but abit traditional SS hob.. hehe.. But still may be subjected to changes..

Yeap, me also go shopping tiles with Henry (he gotta leave early, as we really spend some time enjoying all the colors and shapes of the tiles there).

Well, as long as I haven't sign my chequebook, I am okay. so far, I can see that Henry really put that matter to the last and never really push us on it.

Well, to be fair, I also have to convince him that I am going with him (which most likely I will).

My 2 cents.. not sure if anyone has better experience or suggest what loophole or things to look out for.

THks BINZZ

Last weekend, one id told me no more stock in spore for certain granite I requested. Asked all over spore, they wont indent the tiles. Should I believe the id?

Or

Word of caution, I think you should check with other supplier/vendor/contractor/id. if needed, try to ask someone (say your hubby to give a call), and said you willing to give high price if they can find you that :notti: haha..

We saw that tooo... I am also sooooo in love with that one.. My hubby say if strike toto tonight, he buy gimme = wait long long.. hahahaha...

Yeah lor, my sis keep on insisting, that the area of the floor (living room) is not so big, at most will be 20 pieces of those blah..blah... *faint....

Binzz,.. yours 4-rm or 5-rm?. if 5-rm, which kitchen floor tiles are you going for?.

Quite difficult to select and imagine now, cause I feel it will really depends on the colour of your cabinet and a little factor of your existing HDB wall tiles.

*sigh...

it shouldn't deviate too much from two colors wall tiles and kitchen cabinet.

Somemore, we haven't decided on what color to have for the kitchen cabinet and our granite table top (black/white).

Can share what you are having in mind for yours?.

THks BINZZ

Or

No prob, this forum is created to share information mah.. :P

I think for the granite that you requested, u should ask the tiles shop suppliers ma, why ask ID??? Go around, I dun believe if there is demand, but no supply..

Gadgetgirl,

Mine is 4-room, but I wished I could have chosen my own kitchen tiles.. haiz.. I think hor, once u decide on one item first, the rest will fall in place..

My area is more as I am doing homogenous for all the rooms as well as living/dining area.. So $$$$ is big factor if we were to choose more expensive..

No prob, this forum is created to share information mah.. :rofl:

I think for the granite that you requested, u should ask the tiles shop suppliers ma, why ask ID??? Go around, I dun believe if there is demand, but no supply..

Thks again BINZZ...

1 contractor have the compress stone tiles , cost about $11.80 psf (I think so), but worksmanship is :P (as stated by the forumer)...no choice have to let him go.

That is why before confirming, I must make sure they do have certain tiles which I want. eg) samples of compress stones and certain type of granites.

hihi!

Kinda glad that i m not the only one who wans to delay getting the keys cos at first i thought i will be like the only one hee.. my actual day will be in Jun '08 so was thinking of getting the keys in Mar next yr :good:

binzz: u share the same ID as my sis & so far her ID is not bad.. i went wif them to choose lights during the weekend :P by the way, my is is kwanie :good:

Hi yun11

You are definitely not the only one... I hope to delay till April next year :rofl:

However, it may be difficult coz think must have valid reason then can delay de. Wonder what kind of reasons then consider valid 8|

i am having a big headache... deciding using homogeneous , granite , ceremic tiles.

I heard homo will hv stains on it and when mopping the floor, must quickly dry it.

Granite, i don't like the dark tone.

Ceremic, still hv pple using that?

i am having a big headache... deciding using homogeneous , granite , ceremic tiles.

I heard homo will hv stains on it and when mopping the floor, must quickly dry it.

Granite, i don't like the dark tone.

Ceremic, still hv pple using that?

Nemofc,

Now homogenous tiles got those super glossy, anti-stain type.. Saw the demostration, can even clean off marker stain using eraser.. I think all tiles got pros and cons lah, depending on which ones is more / less important to you..