Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

u went up to block 26c? 21st level ar? tats my unit level le..hehee

tdy just went to collect the keys...AND we were short of Bedroom 1 keys!:furious:! urgh... now have to arrange HDB to get the contractor to replace the lock. HDB even commented that its the 1st time they encounter such problem... :dunno: dunno want to say suay or what.

binzz, as long as ur lines is not "big" and as long when you walk you won't feel that the level is not even, then yours is good liao. You can't compare apple & orange. if you compare ceremic & homo, homo lines is fine cos' ceremic lines can't be fine.

we even jia lat, went to blk 26D / 26C - 21st floor only have 2 units & very darked and the 2 corners are locked cos' it can linked to outside. Guess, hdb will do a grill type instead of door

i think quite a few units have dark alley.not really good hor.

We are talking abt the corridors before entering the house at 27A. The house itself is not so bad, the natural light flows in from the living room, thanks to the full length window. However, when you are at the corridors at the lower floors, and both neighbours close their doors, then the alley will be dark even though it is blazing outside.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
It range from $800 to $2500, depending on the material that you have choosen. You should choose the material and get the quote from them. We can help to see if the material given justify for the quoted cost.

DIY method

We just bought the wall fitting + rods from IKEA yesterday and carry it back to JM flat.

Total damage of 4 room flat - $160 ( Excluding cab fare of $4.00 )

Curtains - Look out for sale at John Little, Taka, Robinson. ( Must have their credit cards to obtain maximum discounts )

- Visit curtain shops to compare the price with above mentioned big shopping centre after including 20% discount.

- Look out for year end sale at Spotlight

- Source for your material and can get aunties to sew it for you.

This is purely my way of getting the most out of the budget that I have.

Thanks Cindy-Monkeybone for the tips. These are good ways I can save a fair bit from my reno. Will talk to hubby about it :furious:

Hi CINDY

You bought wooden rod?

Any pic to show us?

Thanks!:dunno:

Me too, gonna DIY.

Wow....really lots of shopping and buying!!l

I think so be ok, drill it outside the recess area.

Ya man! All the shopping though quite fun but also have been giving me a headache esp when the days are hot!!. Not easy going around here and there looking for items you like and comparing prices.

Yup, same here. Its really a headache to dry our clothes out there with no sun and probably no wind at all. Totally blocked!:furious::dunno:

yah.. so we thinking of the alternative of dryer. SIGH.

the only light in kitchen is when the sun shines on the unit opp our kitchen. That's our only hope. Else, we will use bedrooms windows to hang our clothings..haha..

Jasch... Nope, waterproof fabric sofa? Won't it be unconfortable?

BTW, our kitchen can see the alleys of Units 142/140..is indeed dark there too..

tdy just went to collect the keys...AND we were short of Bedroom 1 keys!:furious:! urgh... now have to arrange HDB to get the contractor to replace the lock. HDB even commented that its the 1st time they encounter such problem... :dunno: dunno want to say suay or what.

Hi Elaine, congrates on ur key collection, hehe..wow u live so high storey, envy

yah.. so we thinking of the alternative of dryer. SIGH.

the only light in kitchen is when the sun shines on the unit opp our kitchen. That's our only hope. Else, we will use bedrooms windows to hang our clothings..haha..

BTW, our kitchen can see the alleys of Units 142/140..is indeed dark there too..

Hey, there is a promotion going on at City Gas..

'Each week (19 Nov 07 – 31 Jan 08), the first 5 sets of Gas Clothes Dryer will be selling at $399* (UP $788) only!'

i did try sitting on it.. feel not too bad... but a bit ex.. got to add additional 500-600 more compare to normal fabric..

the salesman demo to us tea poured on it can be wiped off withour leaving any stain leh... tot that will be good for ppl like me that have dog at home :dunno:

but dun koe how true is it waterproof function lor

Are u using the same ID as mine ? If yes, Tony offer to help me to install the curtain rods FOC. That's y, we speed to IKEA to get those items on Sunday so that the ceiling work can be done on this week.

:dunno: I must buy cakes for him liao. :furious:

More photos will be coming up on this weekend after ceiling work is done. I will u/l in my blog.

Just now, I saw a van parking below Blk 26A. This van is promoting "CURTAINS DIRECT FROM FACTORY".

He dare not approach me cause I am listening to my mp3. hahaha! My way of ignoring the uncles.

Hi Cindy, most likely using the same id as yours.

My wife told me srearch here and there for more quotations very sian and tiring...and most of the carpentry works (from different ID) are using the same materials.

What matter most is the end products. I am ok with your id materials and end finishing product.

So, can say 98% confirm liao.

I still have not call Gina or Tony yet for tiles selection.

Might call them this week.

So, how do you find their works?

Too bad, tiles is different from you.

So, cannot really judge.

Only can wait for your cabinet and wardrobe and others....(as most likely will be more or less be the same as yours).

We are talking abt the corridors before entering the house at 27A. The house itself is not so bad, the natural light flows in from the living room, thanks to the full length window. However, when you are at the corridors at the lower floors, and both neighbours close their doors, then the alley will be dark even though it is blazing outside.

its really really a dark alley... sigh.. i was hoping, i'll write, someone will write and more people will write so that they will consider turning on the lights, the people sharing my woes will know how bad it is... :dunno:

Hi,

anybody hacking away a wall, say, the wall between living rm and bed rm 3 or any of the bed rm wall?

I'm replacing the wall between bedrm and living rm with a wooden bi-fold door... Hacking starts next week and I heard needs to engage PE. Any experience on how much you spend on the engagement of PE?

btw, uncle lim say haulage fixed at $1k for 4 rm... cannot bargain :P

tdy just went to collect the keys...AND we were short of Bedroom 1 keys!!!! urgh... now have to arrange HDB to get the contractor to replace the lock. HDB even commented that its the 1st time they encounter such problem... :bangwall: dunno want to say suay or what.

i can't recalled is 26C/ 26D cos' we went to 26D first to see around.

congrats that you have collected your keys! :good:

Edited by nemofc

Hey, there is a promotion going on at City Gas..

'Each week (19 Nov 07 – 31 Jan 08), the first 5 sets of Gas Clothes Dryer will be selling at $399* (UP $788) only!'

you wanna get a set too?

hello sam, my hubby had intention to do the hacking of the wall and install a bi-folding or sliding mirror door.

our potential ID quoted us 200 for demolition and 2.1k for the bi folding door. i dun think that price he quoted include the PE fee. from what i check, the PE fee is around 500 to 800 ,quoted by some IDs.

Hi,

anybody hacking away a wall, say, the wall between living rm and bed rm 3 or any of the bed rm wall?

I'm replacing the wall between bedrm and living rm with a wooden bi-fold door... Hacking starts next week and I heard needs to engage PE. Any experience on how much you spend on the engagement of PE?

btw, uncle lim say haulage fixed at $1k for 4 rm... cannot bargain :good:

hello sam, my hubby had intention to do the hacking of the wall and install a bi-folding or sliding mirror door.

our potential ID quoted us 200 for demolition and 2.1k for the bi folding door. i dun think that price he quoted include the PE fee. from what i check, the PE fee is around 500 to 800 ,quoted by some IDs.

yah we are hacking one of the wall also.. but we are hacking the wall of bedroom 2 connecting to master bedroom... heard from my ID that she will have to apply to HDB first then will know if need PE inspection ...

we had thought of hacking the bedroom 3 wall connecting to the living room also and replace it with a fixed glass wall... but the other side of the wall of bedroom 2 facing the bomb shelter cannot be hack cos its a beam so we gave up the idea :good:

Edited by jasch

hmm, then yr mail will only reach them after the 23rd... any penalty?

I will drop the mail into the drop-off box near the taxi stand on 23rd Nov morning. So will still be on time.... hahaha....

:good:

thank u yang guo!.. hows ur renovation going on??? dun envy, if lift breakdown, i will be jialat liao.

by the way, hw many years of loan u are going for?

Hi Elaine, congrates on ur key collection, hehe..wow u live so high storey, envy

jasch, hw much ur ID / renovation contractor quoted u for hacking and installing a fixed glass panel?

can share the price here? thanks alot!

yah we are hacking one of the wall also.. but we are hacking the wall of bedroom 2 connecting to master bedroom... heard from my ID that she will have to apply to HDB first then will know if need PE inspection ...

we had thought of hacking the bedroom 3 wall connecting to the living room also and replace it with a fixed glass wall... but the other side of the wall of bedroom 2 facing the bomb shelter cannot be hack cos its a beam so we gave up the idea :good: