Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

same here.. ours no kerb at entrance too.. cos scared tripping over it.. could b a possible danger to the elderly.. that is wat i thought.. but my ID told me is for some FS issues.. but also at the same time does help a little in blocking the "sand"/dust n 洗地水..

thanks xlan for thorough info,....we thinking it's easier to sweep the floor out of the house from foyer without the kerb too, and safer for elderly as well...

that's what our concern on tripping too.

btw, what are the FS issues har?. not quite knowledgable at that area.. :furious:

thank you.. thank you..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

haha.. me too no knowledge in FS.. tats y couldn't rem clearly wat ID said exactly on the FS ting.. something like.. ppl in the older days believes it is better to 跨过门槛 before entering the house.. not sure wat exactly the impact on this too.. jus knew it was better.. haha..

Hi All,

Can I check with your if your did a kerb at the main entrance? (a kerb between the wood door and the iron gate).

I am not sure if the kerb is necessary or not.. or it will help to block the water (with additional plastic/arcylic board installation) if HDB spray and clean the common area with water.

Anyone has overcome that design headache?.

my ID told me not possible to do kerb at the entrance unless shift the metal gate higher.

Thanks dorcas and redbottle for the reply :rofl:

Was actually feeling cheated at first, now I've decided to jus wait..

Hi almatador,

What I know is if we are to purchase the toshiba aircon, we need to install it by Dec 07. I believe the saleperson's reason is true.

Do take note of the size of the compressor when you change to another brand.

from what i know, the NEA will enforce the Energy Labelling Scheme starting 1 Dec 08, meaning only approved models of aircons and fridges can be sold to consumers...

it is best to personally call Toshiba Aircon to check... sometimes, what the salesperson says may be different from what the manufacturer says...

Opps... Here's my update...

Update on Keys collection & Renovation firm & Progress:

BLK 25A

- redbottle (Collected) - loobhlinda (Collected) - pert (Collected) - scorpy (Collected) - gadgetgal (Collected, Impress21,0% progress, HDB to Cement Screed) - elflinks

BLK 25B

- Linggie & KhooK - MsBean - h4happy (No news) - marksng12 - Dtkiddy & yun11

BLK 26A

- crazycar & lovey

BLK 26B

- dunkmycar - noellechua - lynnnie - dorcas - Vacis + moonbell - owens_avenue & genevie - skysheep

BLK 26C

- elaine1205[ collected, sourcing for renovation contractor] - ZLia (Collected/sourcing for ID still) - Cindy Monkeybone(Collected/Classic Design) - chewy (Collected /I-Bridge-Rhiss) - kitseng(collected) - xiao xiin (Collected) - garbagex (Collected / A&D)

BLK 26D

- OnePostWonder (Year-End/G'Plan) - jj2 (Collected) - Princess Momo - rommie - binzz (Collected / *****) - kriegs - wonsen - Velynn - Simpleboi (collected/sourcing for ID/Contractor) - jazznpop (collected) - Peng*Ling (collected) - Vitamin C - draught (Collected) - prodigic (Collected/Frontier Concept) - Vicin (collected / I-Bridge) - 9up and Fly "Wifey" mama (Collected)

BLK 27A

- xlan (Collected / HomeGuide) - nemofc (Dec, actively source for ID/Contractor) - bchew - Yang Guo (Collected / Baroque) - Seafaith - chaq - Jasch (collected,Earnest Design) - glaminn (Collected) - dashe - saeran - almatador (Collected/Contractor) - sparey - osjusti - nitehwk (Collected) - Sam07 (Collected/HomeWorkz) - fat bear

BLK 27B

- VinceDelfino (Collected) - Beejoy (Collected, Gim Wee Renovator)

Done with the floors and laying of air-con piping...

Now queuing to have the place painted before the built-in cabinets...

Hi all future neighbours

Supposed to collect keys on 11/12/2007 at 4.10 pm but postphoned it to 24/12/2007 (Christmas eve) as I will be away on 11/12/2007. However, won't be starting renovation till early may 2008 hence flat gonna be vacant for five mths... :rofl:

Update on Keys collection & Renovation firm & Progress:

BLK 25A

- redbottle (Collected) - loobhlinda (Collected) - pert (Collected) - scorpy (Collected) - gadgetgal (Collected, Impress21,0% progress, HDB to Cement Screed) - elflinks

BLK 25B

- Linggie & KhooK - MsBean - h4happy (No news) - marksng12 - Dtkiddy & yun11

BLK 26A

- crazycar & lovey

BLK 26B

- dunkmycar - noellechua - lynnnie - dorcas - Vacis + moonbell - owens_avenue & genevie - skysheep

BLK 26C

- elaine1205[ collected, sourcing for renovation contractor] - ZLia (Collected/sourcing for ID still) - Cindy Monkeybone(Collected/Classic Design) - chewy (Collected /I-Bridge-Rhiss) - kitseng(collected) - xiao xiin (Collected) - garbagex (Collected / A&D)

BLK 26D

- OnePostWonder (Year-End/G'Plan) - jj2 (Collected) - Princess Momo - rommie (Collecting on 24/12/2007 Morning) - binzz (Collected / *****) - kriegs - wonsen - Velynn - Simpleboi (collected/sourcing for ID/Contractor) - jazznpop (collected) - Peng*Ling (collected) - Vitamin C - draught (Collected) - prodigic (Collected/Frontier Concept) - Vicin (collected / I-Bridge) - 9up and Fly "Wifey" mama (Collected)

BLK 27A

- xlan (Collected / HomeGuide) - nemofc (Dec, actively source for ID/Contractor) - bchew - Yang Guo (Collected / Baroque) - Seafaith - chaq - Jasch (collected,Earnest Design) - glaminn (Collected) - dashe - saeran - almatador (Collected/Contractor) - sparey - osjusti - nitehwk (Collected) - Sam07 (Collected/HomeWorkz) - fat bear

BLK 27B

- VinceDelfino (Collected) - Beejoy (Collected, Gim Wee Renovator)

what shiny metal huh? now I have the weekend & new year's day to do inspection of my unit :P

Hi OnePostWonder

Me too... :rofl: but hor cannot delay key collection till next year... latest must collect by 02/01/2008. Will be collecting on 24/12/2007 AM.

Hi all future neighbours

Supposed to collect keys on 11/12/2007 at 4.10 pm but postphoned it to 24/12/2007 (Christmas eve) as I will be away on 11/12/2007. However, won't be starting renovation till early may 2008 hence flat gonna be vacant for five mths... :rofl:

mine was supposed to be 12/12, but I emailed my HDB officer to postpone it to 29/12 :P

mine was supposed to be 12/12, but I emailed my HDB officer to postpone it to 29/12 :P

OnePostWonder

Then when do u intend to renovate your place??? I haven't do any ground work on sourcing yet... Hubby said he will take care of the sourcing and planning... so i relak one corner :rofl:

Hi OnePostWonder

Me too... :rofl: but hor cannot delay key collection till next year... latest must collect by 02/01/2008. Will be collecting on 24/12/2007 AM.

my officer told me can delay till Feb... is your officer Amy Tan?

Hi Neighbours,

We should be getting the keys to our units soon! HDB has written to us to submit all concessionary loan details. Finally we can be more active in this thread. :rofl:

Just some advice from all of you;

Which bank is currently offering the most attractive renovation loan at the moment? Just a short recap in case we missed this previously.

Thank you all!

:P

OnePostWonder

Then when do u intend to renovate your place??? I haven't do any ground work on sourcing yet... Hubby said he will take care of the sourcing and planning... so i relak one corner :rofl:

gonna renovate after CNY :good:

Hi One

Congrats!:P! :)

thank you neighbour !!

Hi Neighbours,

We should be getting the keys to our units soon! HDB has written to us to submit all concessionary loan details. Finally we can be more active in this thread. :good:

Just some advice from all of you;

Which bank is currently offering the most attractive renovation loan at the moment? Just a short recap in case we missed this previously.

Thank you all!

:good:

I don't think reno loan was ever discussed in this thread

Hi all,

just want to check did any of ur notice that there is a beam across the top of the kitchen where most of us are placing our cabinet... are your taking into account the storage space for the cabinet as i realise that from the drawings most of our cabinets are just teh normal "flat cabinet" includign my own drawing... but i had gotten my ID to do some changes.. ur understand wat i am trying to say? sorry for being a bit confusing abt wat i am trying to bring across.. :dunno: