Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Yah lor, tonight will go back check again.. My ID also ask me to take pic and go submit to the HDB contractor, cos this is cause by exterior wall crack, thats why got water seepage.. Luckily I never do anything other than having a platform there.. But now very scared will kena my platform, sian..

wao kao exterior wall crack sound scary leh , dunno how many crack inside and we cant see with our own eye

Edited by msbean

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I think those who wanted to do any features wall, just be careful that the wall is ok.

Afterall, feature walls not cheap and what if water flow out from the feature walls? Die liao!

Yah lor, tonight will go back check again.. My ID also ask me to take pic and go submit to the HDB contractor, cos this is cause by exterior wall crack, thats why got water seepage.. Luckily I never do anything other than having a platform there.. But now very scared will kena my platform, sian..

!! my tua tua parquet platform :)

waa youralso very serious ,haiz haiz , die I nvr check the elect plug and the pipe also . Velynn your pipe do you have any picture to show ?? U mean the pipe burst and water leak out isit

I never take pics leh.. maybe i will cos i gg down again this fri for turning on my power and water... water was dripping out of electric points ... very yucky and smelly...

ur defects rectify already.. haiz.. i guess this will definately delay my reno.. esp they need to hack walls.. dun noe need to wait for how long... :bangwall:

Hi neighbours,

Regarding the plastic covers, I did report and they seemed to replaced it for me already. But it was still difficult to open and close. :bangwall:

I knew they replaced it because they just threw the broken ones aside on the floor (2 or 3 of them). But could it be because when they came to check and rectify, they forced it too hard that it spoilt that's why they changed to new ones but still new ones are difficult to open and close? :D

Regarding the water-thru-the-wall problem, has any of 25b neighbours experienced it? The last time I check my unit it was alright...

Edited by Ravenski

Someone should bring this problem up in the forum section of the Straits Times you know, and await for a response from HDB. Seeing that we all paid so much for the house (some a quarter of a milion onwards), especially since some of us are so young and making it our first home, how can the government do allow such slipshod quality of work in our homes. Highlighting the increase in prices for the people who balloted for the place and getting such a inferior house with so many defects. Not justified at all.

The quality of work does not justify the price that we're paying, makes you worry about the integrity of the house, and whether it will last the 99 years the government is 'allowing' us to lease the place until. Even thought this is not going to be a problem for most of us (to live 99 years there)

Allocating the contract of work to the lowest bidder also has to come with some common sense, whether the quality of work by the contractor is compromised by the lower bid or not, not just driven by the profit margins.

tell me about it, those of us who have collected keys/living there now, have to face the rubbish that is uncleared everyday, complaints about malfunctioning lights in common areas such as lift lobby (at 1st floor somemore) for a month already and NOTHING has been done. My neighbour is saying HDB cleaning contractor will not take the cleanliness of the estate seriously, then I would like to ask, why are we made to pay the FULL S&C bills if NOTHING is being done, saved for some corridor spray water (which came all the way into my house by the way!!) once a month.

I never take pics leh.. maybe i will cos i gg down again this fri for turning on my power and water... water was dripping out of electric points ... very yucky and smelly...

ur defects rectify already.. haiz.. i guess this will definately delay my reno.. esp they need to hack walls.. dun noe need to wait for how long... :bangwall:

there may be leakage of water coming into the electrical conduits from the rooftop all the way down, which is extremely dangerous, can cause fire, electrocution, etc. Pls make really a lot of noise at HDB cuz the CHina con people seem to be totall useless, this is totally not acceptable.

Which block is this?

tell me about it, those of us who have collected keys/living there now, have to face the rubbish that is uncleared everyday, complaints about malfunctioning lights in common areas such as lift lobby (at 1st floor somemore) for a month already and NOTHING has been done. My neighbour is saying HDB cleaning contractor will not take the cleanliness of the estate seriously, then I would like to ask, why are we made to pay the FULL S&C bills if NOTHING is being done, saved for some corridor spray water (which came all the way into my house by the way!!) once a month.

there may be leakage of water coming into the electrical conduits from the rooftop all the way down, which is extremely dangerous, can cause fire, electrocution, etc. Pls make really a lot of noise at HDB cuz the CHina con people seem to be totall useless, this is totally not acceptable.

Which block is this?

this is my first flat, so i don't know, but last time was the flats like that? :bangwall:

or standards are slipping

Hi purple,

Think now also not sure how many pple coming.. also scared wait only a few..coz also dunno how much to prepare.. have to confirm the actual number too.. btw think u not frying bee hoon liao rite? :notti:

Hihi Simpleboi,

Heehee, sorry me also one of the cant give actual confirmation one, cause my bf is on standby for this week. :bangwall: Ya, think giving up on the bee hoon liao. Cause dont know how much to cook and also needs halal. Besides if my bf needs to go to work, also no time to prepare it, so had to change to something else. :P

Better to play safe (take photo of the defect )fax to them and email to both HDB and Contractor . I feel contractor dun show much care on our defect like sit there wait for thing to happen .

All complain to HDB so HDB will know there is something wrong wif our area and hope they will action . (NO choice I have lost my patient with the contractor ) Normally the HDB officer will call u the nxt day .

I so angry until I challenge the officer ask him this question " How u all rectifiy fault har " can repair my choke sink without going into my hse " and "rectifiy the watermarks without using a Botola is it " > he say that the only way the contractor have to rectifiy the fault for watermarks outside the building , they cant do nothing . I tell him u better check it out with the contractor .

For me I waiting for a Black and white (by email) to tell me I can reno and rectify work is done . (delaying my reno sianz sianz)

Sian, all these defects are really worrying! !! At least u all manage to spot the defects and can immediately get them to rectify now. Cause for us, think by the time we collect our keys, maybe the contractors will by that time had already move on and not in the area to help us to rectify liao? Then siao liao? :D

Someone should bring this problem up in the forum section of the Straits Times you know, and await for a response from HDB. Seeing that we all paid so much for the house (some a quarter of a milion onwards), especially since some of us are so young and making it our first home, how can the government do allow such slipshod quality of work in our homes. Highlighting the increase in prices for the people who balloted for the place and getting such a inferior house with so many defects. Not justified at all.

The quality of work does not justify the price that we're paying, makes you worry about the integrity of the house, and whether it will last the 99 years the government is 'allowing' us to lease the place until. Even thought this is not going to be a problem for most of us (to live 99 years there)

Allocating the contract of work to the lowest bidder also has to come with some common sense, whether the quality of work by the contractor is compromised by the lower bid or not, not just driven by the profit margins.

True! Wonder how long our flats can really lasts us? Will it get more and more problems after half a yr or so? :D Anyone going to take the lead to write in? I cant write in since i have not even collect the keys to my flat. :) Haha, maybe after a lot of ppl write in to complain, in the end HDB will give us a slight refund back? 8|

Hihi Simpleboi,

Heehee, sorry me also one of the cant give actual confirmation one, cause my bf is on standby for this week. :dunno: Ya, think giving up on the bee hoon liao. Cause dont know how much to cook and also needs halal. Besides if my bf needs to go to work, also no time to prepare it, so had to change to something else. :good:

Sian, all these defects are really worrying! :D At least u all manage to spot the defects and can immediately get them to rectify now. Cause for us, think by the time we collect our keys, maybe the contractors will by that time had already move on and not in the area to help us to rectify liao? Then siao liao? :dunno:

True! Wonder how long our flats can really lasts us? Will it get more and more problems after half a yr or so? :D Anyone going to take the lead to write in? I cant write in since i have not even collect the keys to my flat. :D Haha, maybe after a lot of ppl write in to complain, in the end HDB will give us a slight refund back? :notti:

Ya write in maybe the best way , but I have email to HDB too , think they scare to reply me to start my reno as I ask is the rectify done ? . Anyone in this forum and in our JM good in english maybe can write a letter and we also sign as below . Problem is sent to who har > Town concil , HDB or MP (heehee our MP is Lee leh )

Edited by msbean

HDB just call up me , abit disppointment he say my cases will ask the JM contractor to settle , and I say I duN see any work going on . Cant HDB do something to it . he say there is a lot of defect going on so the contractor maybe accumlate all defect and then use a tobala .

I tell him I have 2 week nvr go down JM , I really worry my unit flood a not . call him better go chase them to act fast

They say they are looking into this matters . think in charges of our place like is HDB officer Tan and chia ma .

Think if u all have defect better email to HDB so they know there is problem there . They will call u in 1-2 days

Edited by msbean

I don't have the time to check my new flat, I have not yet bother to really look into every detail of the flat for faulty, since there's so many report of faulty at JM, I better go down and check them over this weekend.

I need to have a pair of telescope eye to check for the fault, since first look all seem fine.

I know my SCV points is working, since the day I open the door, the SCV guys came over the check the points, and switch on the SCV points at the rooms.

Anyone know who's the MP for JM?

I was wondering which MP are in charge of our area at Jalan Membina?

Definitely not Lee , He's at Tanjong Pagar only.

I think our MP is this guy

Associate Professor Koo Tsai Kee

MP for Tanjong Pagar GRC (Tiong Bahru)

Not sure if He is capable or not,

But I have seem the other MP Ms Indranee Thurai Rajah - Tanglin - Cairnhill

MP for Tanjong Pagar GRC (Tanglin-Cairnhill), where I live. **** long queue and meet the session with her, through out the night till 2 am is common occurances.

I don't have the time to check my new flat, I have not yet bother to really look into every detail of the flat for faulty, since there's so many report of faulty at JM, I better go down and check them over this weekend.

I need to have a pair of telescope eye to check for the fault, since first look all seem fine.

I know my SCV points is working, since the day I open the door, the SCV guys came over the check the points, and switch on the SCV points at the rooms.

Anyone know who's the MP for JM?

Should be AP Koo..

He's in charge of the Tiong Bahru one.. also saw his banner at the estate there :P