Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Hi Neighbour

I have one serious problem.

I need your help.

I rec' called from SP and they told me my water bill is $200+ since I activated last Feb 08.

They asked me to call HDB contractor and I need to engaged a plumber to do the repair. SP then can wavie 75% and I have to pay 25%!

What should I do now?

Thanks!

HAPPY

hi happy,

u mentioned abt repair..where's the leakage from?

ur bill is quite weird lehl.. 2mths ago, the washing machine guy didnt fix my washine machine tap properly. At that time i havent shift in yet also. So left home after the washing machine came. Two days later when i go back to my hse my kitchen has became "water fountain" lol. Realised that the fountain was there for 2 days 2 night..my half kitchen is v wet..=(

i see so much water wasted for 2 days *heart pain*

guess what? the bill comes out only additional $20+ on my normal water bill

so say if ur water bill is $200+, then it has been leaking for many days? hmmm my "water fountain" pressure is quite big..its not leaking but its splashing..

Edited by Yang Guo

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all,

Objet is having 40-50% discount on all sofa and carpets till this sun. I had bought 3 carpets from them, very nice design! For those who are looking for furniture can go down and take a look :(!!

http://www.objet.sg/home.htm

:dunno:

kbp

hi kbp,

approximately how much per piece of carpet?

hi kbp,

approximately how much per piece of carpet?

Hi YG, the original price for one carpet is $550, now selling at $275. I saw ur carpet at objet too.

kbp

:dunno:

I did not do my homework when sourcing for lights, went straight to Prima Lighting Center @ 691 Geylang Road and purchase my lights. Total damage:

5 room: $2270

4 room: $2070

Then went to another shop (as I want to purchase ceiling fans) and found out that for the same design (lights), they sell $135 while Prima sell $220!:)

Prima claim they got 1 year waranty and they use good quality.

When about to go home, Prima salesgirl told me their shop is more expensive than other shop.

I really felt cheated and frustrated.

What should I do? I called up Prima to ask for cancellation but they told me will call me back. Until now, no call at all! They ask me why want to cancel? I told her your lights are very expensive compare to other shops.

I know I am at the loosing end. But any way to cancel off the payment?

Please help.

HAPPY

happy,

Read ur problem here. Suggest u call bt merah branch office directly at 8.30am. Contact can be found at 'my hdbpage' under details of flat.

I got all lightings from prima lighting too. So far okay. Somemore i request for free door bell, they gave also. Try talk to them nicely, say ppl intro so come over, give better price. They ok one.

Edited by nemofc

I did not do my homework when sourcing for lights, went straight to Prima Lighting Center @ 691 Geylang Road and purchase my lights. Total damage:

Then went to another shop (as I want to purchase ceiling fans) and found out that for the same design (lights), they sell $135 while Prima sell $220!:D

When about to go home, Prima salesgirl told me their shop is more expensive than other shop.

What should I do? I called up Prima to ask for cancellation but they told me will call me back. Until now, no call at all! They ask me why want to cancel? I told her your lights are very expensive compare to other shops.

Please help.

HAPPY

i'm not sure u can do much about it... how much downpayment did u give them? is it recommended by ID? think it's a bad idea to go to shops recommended by ID, confirm they have a cut of the profit..

if the downpayment you put down is less than the difference of the prices in the 2 shops, and the 1st shop won't refund you the downpayment, i think you can still go ahead and buy from the 2nd one, and lose the downpayment.. cuz at the end of the day result in less spending for you.. or you can threaten them you are going to CASE.

Edited by makemefly

Then went to another shop (as I want to purchase ceiling fans) and found out that for the same design (lights), they sell $135 while Prima sell $220!:D

Please help.

HAPPY

can u bring the invoice to dinner later? :)

my ID will also bring me to Prima...

That salesgirl (Evonne Hon) told us to make full payment.

And I also dont know why I make full payment.

It should be pay deposit and when goods arrive, you pay the difference.

I really fet that I have been cheated by her salesgirl from Prima Lightings.

Now, all payment is done, what can I do? LAN LAN!

For those pple gonna buy lights, be careful, look around first for the price.

And very IMPORTANT, pay deposit and if they ask you to pay FULL, f..k off from that shop.

They are out to chop you our hard earn money!

I am very angry until now! I felt cheated by them!

just an advice...

- if u r going to Balestier to buy lightings, remember to check out the market rate for the lights first before you go. Also, eg. if u have chosen ur lights, say total cost is $1200, the shop say give u discount of $100 off the total bill, dont be too happy to accept it. its better u ask for the discount item by item, instead of total discount

- if ur ID is arranging u to meet ur electrician, also check out the price too, cos the electrician may over quote u. U need to check out what is the market price for eg.adding 2socket points, shifting scv points etc. My electrician quoted me $1200 for the house.. i didnt negotiate it and say ok, can la.. lucky my ID helped me to negotiate it on the spot

hope this can help alot of pple here. remember to negotiate, ask for discount!

posted this 4mths ago, bring this up again..this may be useful..

hi happy, so sorry to hear abt the lightings..hmmm maybe u can go to the shop to ask them to revise the price or give u a few more lightings in return?

just for a rough guide..

plc lights ranging $20-$30

ceiling lights ranging $60-$150. Anything above $200 will be v exp..unless its super nice designer lightings.

most importantly is ask for discount item by item

do not happily accept total discount cos item by item will eventually save u more. Eg. The shop says "ok i give u discount $200 on all the lightings. A person may be so happy that he say ok loh". But actually if u zoom into each single lighting and ask for further discount, u may benefit more. This is an important advice.. :D

if ID is going down with you, 90% u will buy the lightings from that shop cos most pple trust their ID recommendations. The rest will be your negotiation skills with that shop already

Hi Happy, really feel sad about your case. I also had the similar experience. I went to LOOKS to buy my bathroom accessories and the total damage was $2000. Initiall my ID told me I can get 20% from LOOKS because my ID brought me there. But in the end they only give 10%(they say because those item I chose are control item etc...) I felt cheated too... :thumbs up:

I learnt my lesson, never go to the shops recommended by ID/contractor ! They can tell you one thing at the beginning and then payment time, they will tell you different thing... :dancingqueen:

Now I am short of lights to buy, decide not buy from the shop recommended by my ID, dont want to get chop again! This time, I have done my homework and find out the Light Arcade at balastia quite cheap. I will bring my ID to Light Arcade to buy the lights.

For example: (before discount)

ceiling light (rectangular shape): about $120-140

downlight(round) : $18-$23 each

fluorescent tube (1.2m) : $14

Onepostwonder, becareful when you buy the light with your ID, dont get chop by them...

kbp

hey neighbors,

pop by my flat yesterday and i discovered my kitchen toilet is wet! (no one's living there, and i haven't even activate the water supply yet)

i suspect there is a leak or something. Do check if yours have the same problem k!

Happy,

as spoken this morning. what's done already over. now, you should try talk nicely to them since they are okay to refund you. Don't cos' of this incident affect your renov feeling... renovation must be happy like your nick "h4happy"...

i went to DIY lighting today...

Bedrooms except MBR - Acrylic lights @ $40 with lights provided

Kitchen - Acrylic lights @ $40 with lights provided

Passageway - Swarovski crystal @ $168

Downlights - $28 with lights provided

Foyer, Dining, HHS & Toilet lights will be from IKEA

I hope every1 is having a great time at the potluck!

Can I just check with those who overlay kitchen wall tiles, do you have an electrician who take out the switches then reconnect the switches after the tiles r overlaid? Or they just laid over around the existing switches?

Thanks!