Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

y regret getting the "Step stopper" ? i was thinking to get it.. jus tat cannot find it.. as I don't how it looks like when someone mentioned to me.. now looking at ur pic.. i was thinking to print it out n bring to home fix kind of shop to ask.. easier to find.. hehe.. but u said regretted.. how come leh? :notti:

hmm..the step stopper is not strong enough to stop the door if i "step softly..". I must step harder instead. So its not powerful enough compared to magnet

Advantage of this stopper is that u can stop the door anywhere u want. eg. stop halfway,stop it 1/4 open etc..

For the magnet, u must open the door fully to attach the magnet together

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hmm..the step stopper is not strong enough to stop the door if i "step softly..". I must step harder instead. So its not powerful enough compared to magnet

Advantage of this stopper is that u can stop the door anywhere u want. eg. stop halfway,stop it 1/4 open etc..

For the magnet, u must open the door fully to attach the magnet together

ic.. understand le.. jus now lunch went over to homefix... found it.. but quite expensive.. $12+ for a stopper.. i'm using the old fashion rubber wedge.. $1 only.. hahahaha.. then i tot for tat price.. i can hv change the wedge for 12 times liao.. so didn't buy it in the end.. hahahaha..

Did anyone make their kitchen door to slide to the front? i.e infront of the DB? If yes can we still use a magnetic stopper? Will it hinder the door? My door slides to the front....so was wonderin which is better....

me loh.. i hv a mirror sliding door in front of the DB.. so didn't do the magnatic stopper.. i'm using the cheapest but oldest kind.. the rubber wedge.. haha..

me loh.. i hv a mirror sliding door in front of the DB.. so didn't do the magnatic stopper.. i'm using the cheapest but oldest kind.. the rubber wedge.. haha..

I opt for this too... Mine is free, given free by my mum.. kekeke..

Me too...will be using the old conventional way.

Cheap and good to use.

Buy list:

1) Aluminium Ceiling bomboo hanger.

2) Wooden Door Lock and Stopper.

3) Table and Chair Leg cover. Might go to Taizo to hunt for it.

What else need to buy??

HAPPY

I opt for this too... Mine is free, given free by my mum.. kekeke..
Edited by h4happy

HAHAHAHAHA

thats not too big lah bro.. As long as fit inside a lift and up u go, u are pretty safe of getting a good price!

Anyway I got my mirror tru my ID so i dunno how much it was marked up. But if u interested rite, u can do a search at yellowpages and enquire them.

I did a favour for u here

:sport-smiley-018:

Thanks.

60cmx40cm @ $17

Call Sha @ 94551320, cash & carry available. Near Sim Lim Tower

Thanks.

$4.50 from Home Fix?

Home fix has it too...i didnt get from there.

Did anyone make their kitchen door to slide to the front? i.e infront of the DB? If yes can we still use a magnetic stopper? Will it hinder the door? My door slides to the front....so was wonderin which is better....

my door slides in front of the DB. using the magnetic one for my main door. no hinderance if its 5 room

yup the magnet is strong enough.. hmmm $4.50 is abit exp..some places sells for $2.50.

Any idea where can i get for $2.50?

magnetic is stronger and better.. i bought the magnetic one also. The uncle who fixed it for me gave me the "step" one to chose, so we chose the step one eventually. Now kinda regretted that we shld do the magnetic one.

my magnetic stopper still at my home now inside the box hehe

Mmm....thinking to get the step kind...but after your review, maybe think again bah

Any idea where can i get for $2.50?

Mmm....thinking to get the step kind...but after your review, maybe think again bah

i got it from rochor (jus beside bugis station). there sells alot of household small stuffs

hello all... i'm new to this forum and i'm a 25B Jln Membina flat owner too! ehhe... i'm gonna start my reno soon and have tentatively decided on Desmond Lim of weiken.com...

hmm... i'm pretty sure i know you XLAN... PM me if u interested to know who am i? hehe...

i got it from rochor (jus beside bugis station). there sells alot of household small stuffs

hi,

today went to many DIY shop and couldn't find the magnetic door stopped that we want. we wanted something that look like the one used in the bedroom (the bronze type). most DIY shops sells those plastic type. any idea if this shop sells the type i want? btw where exactly is this shop? would like to check it out. thanks.

hi,

today went to many DIY shop and couldn't find the magnetic door stopped that we want. we wanted something that look like the one used in the bedroom (the bronze type). most DIY shops sells those plastic type. any idea if this shop sells the type i want? btw where exactly is this shop? would like to check it out. thanks.

oh..i m not sure if that shop sells the type of door stopper u want. But at Rochor there are abt 2-3 shops that sells these stuffs. Its all located near the Singpost there only. Its opposite OG and FuLuShou

If you are at Tanjong pagar plaza, there r 2 shops that sells these stuffs too. I remembered they have alot of range of stopper