Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

I also got no problem with my tv reception. I've relocated all the tv points.

Hi KM

Oh...do we need to have extra point inside the wall if want to connect the doorbell?

I forgot to tell my id!:P

My paint is up.

HAPPY

I think the point is already there in your kitchen.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Sounds bad. Seems like not very wise to shift the TV point.

BTW, does anybody uses the HDB supply doorbell? I went to take a look and saw a doorbell point at the kitchen. Was thinking of getting a wire doorbell and ask my contractor to install.

I use a wired doorbell.. and got the electrician from my ID to install..

Yup, its the doorbell point at the kitchen.

!!

ya, i'm from 27b. i took that lift that day...makes me want to puke while in the lift. wonder who's that idiot who did this... !!

haha seems i am not the onli getting all this. now i still can see the poo "marking" althought the smell wasnt there...

lucky thing is they hv yet to remove away the wooden planks in the lift. N the stain is only on the planks. Can't imagine if it's on the lift floor..... the stain will be permanently there. Argh...

lucky thing is they hv yet to remove away the wooden planks in the lift. N the stain is only on the planks. Can't imagine if it's on the lift floor..... the stain will be permanently there. Argh...

ya... donno who so "urgent" gotto to "settle" there..

Yes happy, I saw the doorbell point already at the kitchen area.

Tomorrow going to buy 1 x doorbell to get my contractor to install. Basiaclly I just wish to use the doorbell button supplied by HDB instead of wireless.

If I use wireless, does it mean I shld get my contractor to remove the one by HDB? (as in dun have 2 doorbell button?) or if I get the wired one, it must be run by electricity (plug to socket?)

wah so confusing man for a sotong like me .....over a doorbell

Yes happy, I saw the doorbell point already at the kitchen area.

Tomorrow going to buy 1 x doorbell to get my contractor to install. Basiaclly I just wish to use the doorbell button supplied by HDB instead of wireless.

If I use wireless, does it mean I shld get my contractor to remove the one by HDB? (as in dun have 2 doorbell button?) or if I get the wired one, it must be run by electricity (plug to socket?)

wah so confusing man for a sotong like me .....over a doorbell

if using the HDB doorbell point, get a non-wireless one that is operated by battery. I using it now. My contractor told me it easier and cost less than having it directly connected to electricity.

btw, it using bare wires to connect up, no socket point or plug.

hi xlan, u had same problems before? Reception? Mine's the sound issue on specific channel Only. U apply for starhub cable? I hv no intention to get cable, so will the ppl come turn on?

hi bee joy... i also didn't apply cable vision frm starhub.. but cos the default signal points all laid by starhub.. there is a "box" inside our E&T compartment (outside our house).. starhub hv to manually turn on frm that "box" unit by unit.. n after that then i receive clear signal frm the local free channels.. be it ch8/chU/ch5/CNA/arts central.. etc..

Just a word of caution- those who are looking at buying lights from Chelsea (Opp Chinese Garden)

I have 2 light bulbs which fused like after 1 month installation.

Irritating, I dont even have chair at home to change, I have to stand on the toilet bowl to change the bulb. :dribble:

hi bee joy... i also didn't apply cable vision frm starhub.. but cos the default signal points all laid by starhub.. there is a "box" inside our E&T compartment (outside our house).. starhub hv to manually turn on frm that "box" unit by unit.. n after that then i receive clear signal frm the local free channels.. be it ch8/chU/ch5/CNA/arts central.. etc..

Currently, I m still able to receive clear signal fr RTM TV2 & TV3. I believe this means starhub has not turn on my unit rite? (If not wrong, RTM TV3 is under cable channel only). Xlan, do i hv to call starhub to come turn on? Or i jus hv to wait till it's my unit's turn?

Thanks kriegs for your advise.

May I know where you bought your doorbell chim? H

ow much did you pay for it?

Went to the Self-Fix Shop at Tiong Bahru Plaza but they have run out of stocks for wire doorbells...

Seems to me that most shops sells wireless instead.

Currently, I m still able to receive clear signal fr RTM TV2 & TV3. I believe this means starhub has not turn on my unit rite? (If not wrong, RTM TV3 is under cable channel only). Xlan, do i hv to call starhub to come turn on? Or i jus hv to wait till it's my unit's turn?

Hi beejoy,

Yup, this means that Starhub has not turned on ..

When I moved in also the same.. then one day, it just became on on its own.. cannot see TV2 and 3 anymore.. and also some channels need to retune etc 8|

So if you do not need cable tv yet.. just wait 8|

:sport-smiley-003:

Thanks kriegs for your advise.

May I know where you bought your doorbell chim? H

ow much did you pay for it?

Went to the Self-Fix Shop at Tiong Bahru Plaza but they have run out of stocks for wire doorbells...

Seems to me that most shops sells wireless instead.

Hi kmfoo,

I bought mine from Home Fix.. think at IMM.. cant remember how much though.. think around 20+.. my other half bought it :(

8|

Edited by Simpleboi

ya bee joy.. like simpleboi mentioned.. jus wait.. if u call starhub.. probably the service officer on the line would ask u to pay $32.10 for the technician's transport.. which is ridiculous.. $32.10 is enough for a taxi to finish off all expressway in sg already! totally absurd to ask us to pay for something which we r not even inform of n something not our choice.. so.. jus wait patiently..

Hi beejoy,

Yup, this means that Starhub has not turned on ..

When I moved in also the same.. then one day, it just became on on its own.. cannot see TV2 and 3 anymore.. and also some channels need to retune etc :good:

So if you do not need cable tv yet.. just wait :good:

:bangwall:

ya bee joy.. like simpleboi mentioned.. jus wait.. if u call starhub.. probably the service officer on the line would ask u to pay $32.10 for the technician's transport.. which is ridiculous.. $32.10 is enough for a taxi to finish off all expressway in sg already! totally absurd to ask us to pay for something which we r not even inform of n something not our choice.. so.. jus wait patiently..

Thanks for the advise simple n xlan.

Guess i can rather bear with the intermitten sound then pay the $32.10. !!