Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

I did the frost window film for my kitchen window last wkend...not too easy to be bubble-proof, but it does the trick of not able to see thru my kitchen window.

or else anybody can see my living room all the way thru the kitchen window

I did my kitchen windows frosted too!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Happy,

I saw my neighbour, he DIY the curtain rod from ikea. n he manage to do the L-shape window n its nice....i dunno how he did the curve part.

Hello JAZZ

Is it?

I wanted to buy from spotlight as I asked the staff over there.

He show me the joint that holds the 2 metal rods.

The colour of the metal rods is almost the same as or metal gate (goldish and brown).

The staff told me can hold half and full drop.

Also the curtains from spotlights are very nice with discount.

If DIY...total demage will be est: $300++ per unit.

I might go and buy one to try it out.

HAPPY

Is it your next door neighbour (quartz flooring)?

Can download the pic to show me?

HAPPY

Happy,

I saw my neighbour, he DIY the curtain rod from ikea. n he manage to do the L-shape window n its nice....i dunno how he did the curve part.

Edited by h4happy

we are okay with the sunlight coming in at least house is brighter. so far, the sun shine in around 4pm++ in living room & most rooms.

i heard that only for this few months we will get affected, not all 12 mths.

Hi, long time never log in, I did my non-L shape, across the shorter side of the HHS for $140.

Hi,

Mine is normal L-shape.. $150

:dancingqueen:

the guy is charging $3.50 per feet (i think). Total damage for 3 bedroom and living room is $465. Got the reflective type as the guy recommend it will block out the most heat.

Will post some pictures when it is done.

Hello JAZZ

Is it?

I wanted to buy from spotlight as I asked the staff over there.

He show me the joint that holds the 2 metal rods.

The colour of the metal rods is almost the same as or metal gate (goldish and brown).

The staff told me can hold half and full drop.

Also the curtains from spotlights are very nice with discount.

If DIY...total demage will be est: $300++ per unit.

I might go and buy one to try it out.

HAPPY

I brought curtain for my living room and masterbedroom from spotlight. Last month they were having 20% storewide discount, so quicky grab. I did the installation myself, the drilling was pretty bad.

Unless you have experience in drilling, better to ask contractor to do it for u.

Hi KRIEGS

hahahaha...my drilling is also half past six type.

May I know you drill it on the wall or the metal grill??

HAPPY

the guy is charging $3.50 per feet (i think). Total damage for 3 bedroom and living room is $465. Got the reflective type as the guy recommend it will block out the most heat.

Will post some pictures when it is done.

I brought curtain for my living room and masterbedroom from spotlight. Last month they were having 20% storewide discount, so quicky grab. I did the installation myself, the drilling was pretty bad.

Unless you have experience in drilling, better to ask contractor to do it for u.

Hi KRIEGS

hahahaha...my drilling is also half past six type.

May I know you drill it on the wall or the metal grill??

HAPPY

On the wall for the MBR, ceiling for living room. It tough!

Hi Kriegs..possible to post how is your diy curtain look like?

Thanks!! ...HAPPY

On the wall for the MBR, ceiling for living room. It tough!

mm.. abt the solar film.. experience frm the car.. our old corolla din install any solar film was used to be so much hotter n unbearable during the day.. like lunch we went for lunch.. we used to pour few bottles of water over the car roof to cool down a little then can hop inside the car.. yet we still sweating for the 1st 10mins.. till we reached the destination still no feels of aircon cos it was really too hot..

but ever since we got our new ride.. with vkool as free gift when we purchase.. heard is over 1k+ for the installation normally.. but the effect is amazingly good.. as compared without the solar film.. don't expect it to be 100% blocking off the heat.. it only block off abt 98% of it.. n seems like the effect not as superb as it was new..

so i supposed for home use ones should b the same bah.. it still helps to a certain extend.. better than nothing.. but cos the wall is also heated up frm the outside.. no matter wat brand for how much the solar film costs u.. still u'd feel a little warm in the room when it is facing the afternoon sun..

As with all solar flim installed in the car, no matter how good it is, your car will be as hot after @ 4 hours of direct sunlight. with or with out solar flim. Therefore, if your getting afternoon sun, even with solar flim installed, your house will not be much cooler....

The rational is the same as putting you meat in the freezer, no matter what kind of packaging you have, it will freeze eventually, just a matter of time.

Agreed. I think now this the hottest month and will be like that for at least few more months before raining seasons...then everybody will be cold and windy! So, no choice have to on fan at full speed.

My friend living in 29th floor blk26d also feel very warm in the afternoon.

As with all solar flim installed in the car, no matter how good it is, your car will be as hot after @ 4 hours of direct sunlight. with or with out solar flim. Therefore, if your getting afternoon sun, even with solar flim installed, your house will not be much cooler....

The rational is the same as putting you meat in the freezer, no matter what kind of packaging you have, it will freeze eventually, just a matter of time.

Hi neighbours-to-be,

I've been lurking around the forum, hope to get to know you.

Our place is almost ready for handover, but won't be moving in so soon.

Any contacts for curtains?

Hello nice to have another forumer joining.

Which block are you in?

Hi neighbours-to-be,

Hi neighbours-to-be,

well i did mine for rm3k. living room and mbr day and night curtain. the other two rooms are roman and roller.

i consider it quite cheap and just one call he will come over to your doorstep for a quote

good service too...