Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Hihi Linggie,

Think it's bcos of the staying near/with parents scheme. Though we did not take any grant for it. Yah, if dont remove her name as a occupier, then she cant buy another flat. :( You know anyone who ever had the same problem as me? Any advice? :)

Anyway, how's life in the states? Fun being a taitai there? :dancingqueen:

I am good thanks! haha I set up a blog to stay in touch with my friends back home. if you are interested:

http://www.ring-a-ding-a-ling.blogspot.com/

anyway I think you are facing the same issue as Lynn (if you refer right to the begining of the forum) in her case, her in-laws have to sell the flat within 6 months of them collecting the keys to their flat as they also listed their in-laws as occupiers. In the end, they decided against staying with in-laws so they forfeit the flat.

There is no grant given to those staying the parents as HDB has deemed the selling price is already discounted for first time buyers.

I guess your chance now is to appeal to the MP because I think HDB take quite a hard stance to your situation.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hihi Linggie,

Think it's bcos of the staying near/with parents scheme. Though we did not take any grant for it. Yah, if dont remove her name as a occupier, then she cant buy another flat. :( You know anyone who ever had the same problem as me? Any advice? :)

Anyway, how's life in the states? Fun being a taitai there? :dancingqueen:

hhmm... your situation is a bit tricky here. pardon to ask, why did you include your MIL as an occupier in the first place? was it to qualify for some scheme? or were your bf and MIL the original owners and you were added in later? if it is the former, i guess you have to prove that you did not gain any unfair advantages in doing so. if it is the later, then more tricky as HDB rule states that the original owner i.e. your MIL cannot be remove from the list. as linggie has stated, HDB is quite strict on this.

I am good thanks! haha I set up a blog to stay in touch with my friends back home. if you are interested:

http://www.ring-a-ding-a-ling.blogspot.com/

anyway I think you are facing the same issue as Lynn (if you refer right to the begining of the forum) in her case, her in-laws have to sell the flat within 6 months of them collecting the keys to their flat as they also listed their in-laws as occupiers. In the end, they decided against staying with in-laws so they forfeit the flat.

There is no grant given to those staying the parents as HDB has deemed the selling price is already discounted for first time buyers.

I guess your chance now is to appeal to the MP because I think HDB take quite a hard stance to your situation.

Hi Linggie,

Went to yr blog to look see already! Nice pics you have in there! Seems like a very relaxing place to live in too! :good:

Hmm, no choice lor. See how my bf's side wants now then. Hope it can be solved soon. :(

hhmm... your situation is a bit tricky here. pardon to ask, why did you include your MIL as an occupier in the first place? was it to qualify for some scheme? or were your bf and MIL the original owners and you were added in later? if it is the former, i guess you have to prove that you did not gain any unfair advantages in doing so. if it is the later, then more tricky as HDB rule states that the original owner i.e. your MIL cannot be remove from the list. as linggie has stated, HDB is quite strict on this.

Hi Crazycar,

Hmm, cause their current plc is both of their names mah, so when apply for this new flat, then add her name as occupier lor. Besides, applying under the married child priority scheme to stay near/with parents, as their current plc is near the new plc. Didnt know 1 yr later, they now wanna buy another flat, so have to take out the name as occupier. Btw, do you happen to know anyothers who had the same situation as me? Cox seems u r very clear of hdb's policies. Got any advice? :unsure: Thanks. :)

Philips Carnival Sale 2008

Date: 23 - 24 August 2008

Time: 9.30am - 6.00pm

Venue: 620A Philips TPY Lorong 1

Thanks h4happy... will sure be there...

Philips Carnival Sale 2008

Date: 23 - 24 August 2008

Time: 9.30am - 6.00pm

Venue: 620A Philips TPY Lorong 1

oohh thanks for the info..u reminded me :sport-smiley-004:

Hi Crazycar,

Hmm, cause their current plc is both of their names mah, so when apply for this new flat, then add her name as occupier lor. Besides, applying under the married child priority scheme to stay near/with parents, as their current plc is near the new plc. Didnt know 1 yr later, they now wanna buy another flat, so have to take out the name as occupier. Btw, do you happen to know anyothers who had the same situation as me? Cox seems u r very clear of hdb's policies. Got any advice? :unsure: Thanks. :)

me no HDB rules expert. just that i was also in a unique situation before (though not the same as yours) and had to have many dealings with them. so read up a lot on these HDB rulings.

since you have include your MIL as an occupier to qualify for the married child priority scheme which indirectly gave u a higher chance of getting the new flat, HDB is not likely to allow your MIL to be remove as an occupier.

me no HDB rules expert. just that i was also in a unique situation before (though not the same as yours) and had to have many dealings with them. so read up a lot on these HDB rulings.

since you have include your MIL as an occupier to qualify for the married child priority scheme which indirectly gave u a higher chance of getting the new flat, HDB is not likely to allow your MIL to be remove as an occupier.

Hi Crazycar,

The married child prioriy scheme is stay with or stay near parents scheme mah. ie within the same estate or within 2km, so we told hdb we will buy another plc within the 2km for my MIL, but HDB also dont allow. That's why so headache lor! Struck in between. :dunno:

HI all,

Can check if any of ur unit wall got crack lines???? wat u guys do to rectify it huh???

Hi Jazz,

Yup, mine have crack lines.. so fast havent do anything yet..

When I first got the house.. ceiling got crack lines liao... told BSC, they said will do something.. but seem didnt do anything.. anyway the paint covered over..

But now, more lines appeared not only on the ceiling but the walls too.. although faint ones..

Also wondering how to rectify it :P

Hi Jazz,

Yup, mine have crack lines.. so fast havent do anything yet..

When I first got the house.. ceiling got crack lines liao... told BSC, they said will do something.. but seem didnt do anything.. anyway the paint covered over..

But now, more lines appeared not only on the ceiling but the walls too.. although faint ones..

Also wondering how to rectify it :P

:jawdrop:

i never go 'study' my walls for cracks leh.....

but tot these hairline cracks is normal in flats both old n new?

I also have, most of them are found above the skirting and the wall near living room window. I supsect it is due to the expansion and contraction of the wall.

kbp

Hi all,

My unit number plate drops from the main gate. :bangwall: I tried to attach back with 3M tape but it still drop after a few days. I reported to the bsc already, however, they cant confirm when the contactor can come to fix my plate. 8| Anyone encounter similar problem ??? Please advise what should I do now ? I feel so uneasy without my flat unit number... The bsc is still as inefficient as before...

kbp :(

actual i didn't study lah juz tat our neighbour alert us coz his hse oso like tat too :P

hm.. when u gotten the key dun haf such prob leh

I nvr check mine also.

Too many toys all over the places, drawing on the walls......

:(

actual i didn't study lah juz tat our neighbour alert us coz his hse oso like tat too :P

hm.. when u gotten the key dun haf such prob leh