Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Hey jaCKY777,

A number or most of our neighbours done the welding of bolts liao, lets give the benefit of doubt to the welding uncle. Many of them do find their gates tighter after the welding.. And at one time, i was contemplating to weld my gate bolts also, but the uncle never came, then when he finally came, i don't want to do it liao and he like knocked on our door for few months until last weekend we finally opened the door... :dunno:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
No lah, i think asylum_ship means hack care the uncle, not hack (kill) the uncle lah...

Hey jaCKY777,

A number or most of our neighbours done the welding of bolts liao, lets give the benefit of doubt to the welding uncle. Many of them do find their gates tighter after the welding.. And at one time, i was contemplating to weld my gate bolts also, but the uncle never came, then when he finally came, i don't want to do it liao and he like knocked on our door for few months until last weekend we finally opened the door... :dunno:

hahaha.....i meant to say heckle. 1 typo become killin someone.... :P

agree with the tighten gate. does feel better since the gate dun swing too fast n hit the wall/doorbell accidentally. this uncle also say he knock on my door a lot of times b4 gettin me. he seem to make everyone change the bolt his ultimate mission!

do liao...gotta live wif it. gd or bad.

hahaha.....i meant to say heckle. 1 typo become killin someone.... :P

agree with the tighten gate. does feel better since the gate dun swing too fast n hit the wall/doorbell accidentally. this uncle also say he knock on my door a lot of times b4 gettin me. he seem to make everyone change the bolt his ultimate mission!

do liao...gotta live wif it. gd or bad.

hahaha

but sometimes i really irritating, cannot stand them. Anyway, dun think too much liao, change liao also cannot change back, maybe those who have changed can check with your respective agent about the insurance. The one we bought from HDB compulasory one is for fire only so i dun think that will come into the pciture. Hopefully complication will be cut to the minimum (TOUCHWOOD)!

Hey jaCKY777,

;):D:jammin:

Hi all,

hm... didn't know change the blot will cause complication to the insurance. But wat if u change first then buy insurance, it shld not be any prob rite.. :P

actuali tat uncle action very fast one leh. so those who havn't done the blot and dun intend to do when he ask, dun hesitate. Haf to quickly tell him dun wan. Also tell him off if he start to knock off the blot to stick back and dun be like us so soft hearted :P

coz tat time when he was doing my neighbour's gate and sort of promote to us, my hubby n me hesitate coz got not enff cash with us and we havn't even confirm with him, he juz knock off the two original blot. so no choice we got to let him do lor.

tat time feel abit keanna chop carrot. but heng only change 6 blot. was thing of changing 3 onli heehee but he knock off the middle blot so let him change 6.

Dear Neighbours,

Dont need to wield one. Cos I did and my house was still broken into.

Those low life crooks will attack the lock and not the gate.

The uncle is being very enterprising only.

These are my take, not point listening to his crap, just close the door. :)

Btw, lets organize a walkabout around the neighbourhood during mooncake festival.

Should be fun if the blocks are teaming with big kids carrying lanterns. Haha.

Hi guys, sorry for side tracking a bit har..

Can i check did your house have a funny smell from the toilet?

Cos we haven move in and nobody is using the toilet but when ever we went up to our house we always realise there is this funny drain smell coming from the toilet.. intially we tot its the reno worker that had not flushed after they had used the toilet but the odour is still there after the house was hand over and even after one day we cleaned up the toilet with delto lor..

We are suspecting its the sewage prob leh.. so just want to check are any of your here experiencing the same prob as us ? :(

Cos we haven move in and nobody is using the toilet but when ever we went up to our house we always realise there is this funny drain smell coming from the toilet.. intially we tot its the reno worker that had not flushed after they had used the toilet but the odour is still there after the house was hand over and even after one day we cleaned up the toilet with delto lor..

We are suspecting its the sewage prob leh.. so just want to check are any of your here experiencing the same prob as us ? :(

Jasch : Do you referring to toilet bowl or the drainage on the floor ??

Last Time my toilet bowl also hv smelly drain smell after use for sometime it gone . Dunno is my Duck tablet do the job or maybe need to flush away many time so that the "internet " dirty go away .

My worry is the toilet bowl hv to handle wif care when " we make big business" I have to flush half way everytime I make big business . For us is easy as we remember , Now worry if visitor they wont know .

Happy : u have change to toilet bowl pipe is it ? I think of the "MAN FAN " if change again all the hacking of the toilet bowl . They do HAck away yr toilet bowl right ??

Edited by msbean

hi jasch,

same same..mine also have the funny drain smell (both toilet) :(

Hi Ms BEAN...Yes already changed the toilet pan collar (toilet bowl connect to the ground pipe.) THey dont hack the bowl. When you look closely, they screw the toile bowl. So they unscrew it and will be able to lift up the toile bowl very easy. Suspect that the aligenment is out a little bit that cause the bad smell.

Jasch : Do you referring to toilet bowl or the drainage on the floor ??

Last Time my toilet bowl also hv smelly drain smell after use for sometime it gone . Dunno is my Duck tablet do the job or maybe need to flush away many time so that the "internet " dirty go away .

My worry is the toilet bowl hv to handle wif care when " we make big business" I have to flush half way everytime I make big business . For us is easy as we remember , Now worry if visitor they wont know .

Happy : u have change to toilet bowl pipe is it ? I think of the "MAN FAN " if change again all the hacking of the toilet bowl . They do HAck away yr toilet bowl right ??

Just to share, The uncle actually showed us a notice from the police. I checked with the police on these bolts n told the police about the notice. The bolts were not secure. In fact it is not right for uncle to show the police notice as a sales/marketing tool. The uncle also 'pester' us when we ignore his knocking on the door when it was opened. He kept coming back n keep knocking. irritating.

Edited by ribenaberry

Just to share, The uncle actually showed us a notice from the police. I checked with the police on these bolts n told the police about the notice. The bolts were not secure. In fact it is not right for uncle to show the police notice as a sales/marketing tool. The uncle also 'pester' us when we ignore his knocking on the door when it was opened. He kept coming back n keep knocking. irritating.

Me too. This uncle keep coming back. Ready a hard core sale-man. Anyway according to my friend, his house also break-in after installed the bolts so this mean that even changing of the bolts doesn't mean it safe. Moreover, the paints came off and turned rusty.

Next time, this uncle come again, I make sure i will call the police. I suspect he is collaborating with those crooks. At least, the police will take now his particulars.Anything happened, he will be the first suspect.

hehe...

Hello neighbours! Quick question - is Town Council supposed to remove unused cement from the main door? Asking because I still have 1.5 bag after cement screeding and reno but they have been sitting outside my main door for two months already.

Also, is the person to call that "For haulage work contact Mr Lim" pasted on top every first floor lifts?

Hello neighbours! Quick question - is Town Council supposed to remove unused cement from the main door? Asking because I still have 1.5 bag after cement screeding and reno but they have been sitting outside my main door for two months already.

Also, is the person to call that "For haulage work contact Mr Lim" pasted on top every first floor lifts?

I think u put the cement at your rubbish chute area there. Dun put it in tho, just place it at the side. If it does not budge for a week then I think u need to call tat Mr Lim guy.