Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi All, may I know how much were you all being charged per power point by your ID/ contractor?

My contractor's electrician is charging me $30 per extra lighting point and $8 for installing per down light...Is it on the expensive side?

$8 per downlight is abt the market rate..

lighting point i m not quite sure, forgot liao

my toilet bowl seems to choke pretty easily. Not too sure what's the problem as well

My mbr tap spoilt. When i on the tap, no water came out.

Heard that some case even worse, they on the tap with water flowing but when off the tap, the water still flow.

call town council on last Wed. Town council said they will ask hdb contractor to call me. Wait till sat morning still no call. I cant wait anymore, so i called for my own plumber instead. Bought new taps and installed the new tap. Now everything is working fine but cost me nearly $80 for the new tap with installation.

The contractor who build our hse is "China Construction". booo

gave us all the lousy material. Service is poor also

Hi YG and guys

When you experience water keeps flowing and even you off the tap, dont panic, below there is a tap, just turn off that tap will do. Even the basin, toilet bowl all comes with hdb extra tap in case the tap spoilt, you may off that tape.

I can only help that much.

HAPPY

$8 per downlight is abt the market rate..

lighting point i m not quite sure, forgot liao

Heard that some case even worse, they on the tap with water flowing but when off the tap, the water still flow.

call town council on last Wed. Town council said they will ask hdb contractor to call me. Wait till sat morning still no call. I cant wait anymore, so i called for my own plumber instead. Bought new taps and installed the new tap. Now everything is working fine but cost me nearly $80 for the new tap with installation.

Hi All, may I know how much were you all being charged per power point by your ID/ contractor?

My contractor's electrician is charging me $30 per extra lighting point and $8 for installing per down light...Is it on the expensive side?

Hi Vitamin C,

Guess yr price should be alright bah. My contractor's inhouse electrician is charging me $35 per extra lighting point, and $10 for installing per light. :furious: Your rate is cheaper than mine. What's yr total amt?

Neighbours,

How much did you spend for the whole hse electrical services? My as of now is $1.8k, might still have add-ons later! :bangwall:

Edited by purplesky

Hi Neighbours

1) How about extra 3 hole plug in the master bed room? How much is your con charge?

2) How about tv point? For 4 room?

3) How much is installing light includes running of wires with casting?

Thanks Neighbours!

Hey

did you dontate rice?

Today, 2 ladies came, I donate 1 packet (2 kg rice).

Wanted to buy 10kg, but too heavy!!! No strenght liao.

Hi Vitamin C,

Guess yr price should be alright bah. My contractor's inhouse electrician is charging me $35 per extra lighting point, and $10 for installing per light. :furious: Your rate is cheaper than mine. What's yr total amt?

Neighbours,

How much did you spend for the whole hse electrical services? My as of now is $1.8k, might still have add-ons later! :bangwall:

Yo fellow neighbours!!! haevn log in for soooooooooo long.. finally our wedding are over and we had official moved in!!! =)

Hope to see your around soon ya.. :yamseng::yamseng:

wooo sound like a major task completed!

i dunno abt toilet choking but my toilet water pipes leak and caused the unit below mine a ceiling leak...hdb sent their contractors to repair now as we speak :furious:

Hi Vitamin C,

Neighbours,

Hi Purplesky,

The problem with these contractors is that they should have let us know the charge per point before they start work. I remember them telling me its $20 plus per point only...now becomes $38!! :furious: I've checked with my friends, their ID's electrician only charges $23 plus $6.

The electrician charging me about $1,600 for all the lights.

Think you probably have more lights in ur house then mine...all these things really adds up to a quite substantial sum hor...

Hi Purplesky,

The problem with these contractors is that they should have let us know the charge per point before they start work. I remember them telling me its $20 plus per point only...now becomes $38!! :furious: I've checked with my friends, their ID's electrician only charges $23 plus $6.

The electrician charging me about $1,600 for all the lights.

Think you probably have more lights in ur house then mine...all these things really adds up to a quite substantial sum hor...

Hihi All Neighbors,

Happy Chinese New Year to All!! Gong Xi Fa Cai!!! :yamseng:

Hi Vitamin C,

Yap, agreed. Refused to let us know price before hand, just saying in-house is cheaper, don't worry, ended up we dont even get the chance to call in others for an quotation as theirs electricians are there already. :dunno:

No choice lor, but only can hope that since we given the job to their in-house electricians, and was charged ex for it, hopefully they will do a good job for us. If not then 8|8| .

Yr house still currently renovating? I thought i must be one of the super late one around! :notti:

To Dear Neighbors,

Anyone can share w me the price of fixing up window grilles and curtains for our 4room unit? Any good and reasonable price contacts to share? :) Hopefully can manage to find an not so ex one, as thinking of installing grilles to let my mom feels safer, if not she dont dares to go near the window. :unsure:

Thanks in advance for sharing with me! :yamseng:

- there is a list of approved & certified plumbers & electrician by TC.

- their charges r much cheaper than external parties 1 ngage.

- can refer 2 TC website or notice board at lift lobby 4 details.

:P

Hi YG and guys

When you experience water keeps flowing and even you off the tap, dont panic, below there is a tap, just turn off that tap will do. Even the basin, toilet bowl all comes with hdb extra tap in case the tap spoilt, you may off that tape.

I can only help that much.

HAPPY

- u r rite. :good:

- water supply frm pub main to services duct. In e G&W service duct, there is a gas meter & a water meter.

- e water meter reflects e household water usage amount & e master stop-valve regulates e water flow. Tightening or turning it clockwise wil cut-off e water supply 4 e whole unit.

- water is then supply thru concealed pipings to e sanitary & plumbing appliances in e unit.

- b4 e water is supply 2 e appliances, there is a stop-valve which is a metal joint with a red or grey color lever.

- e purpose of dis stop-valve is 2 control e water supply in times wen e flexible hose or tap-mixer or WC cistern nid 2b replace or rather e water supply nids 2b temp. cut-off.

- it is not advisable 2 remove dis stop-valve / stop-cock if any1 is replacing or modifying e original fittings.

:rolleyes:

To Dear Neighbors,

Anyone can share w me the price of fixing up window grilles and curtains for our 4room unit? Any good and reasonable price contacts to share? :) Hopefully can manage to find an not so ex one, as thinking of installing grilles to let my mom feels safer, if not she dont dares to go near the window. :unsure:

Thanks in advance for sharing with me! :yamseng:

- w/o window grilles, e view is great & e feel is good.

- mi olso installed window grilles 4 a sense of safety 4 my mum. In e long run, its safety 4 e kids.

- 4 JM flats, e total window area is not dat huge.

- if i remember correctly, was in e range of $700-$900. But olso gota depends on other factors.

- window grilles pricing is computed base on area of opening (sqft) x types of grilles >$4.80/sqft.

- casement grilles, + $0.80/sqft.

- thicker grilles, eg. 2mm thick, +$0.80/sqft.

- complicated design, +$0.80/sqft.

- all dis pricing r based on bronzed anodized aluminium window grilles. Prices may hav changed but methods of computing is stil e same.

- there r selected types of grilles design dat r allowed by hdb 2b installed. Wrought iron grilles which is much nicer & more expensive is definitely out.

:rolleyes:

Edited by jaCKY777

Hi all,

Does anyone being wake up by a series of dog baking in the morning esp 7am plus around Blk 26. It seem that the dog baking non-stop when the owner left for work. Does anyone got any ideas how to solve this kinda of noise pollution. I'm thinking of informing SPCA.

Thanks

Hi all,

Does anyone being wake up by a series of dog baking in the morning esp 7am plus around Blk 26. It seem that the dog baking non-stop when the owner left for work. Does anyone got any ideas how to solve this kinda of noise pollution. I'm thinking of informing SPCA.

Thanks

Same, my wife is irritated with the barks. But usually by then we have oready left home for work. Only on weekends ah can hear the persistent barkings.

it must be a young puppy getting used to the surroundings, but even on weekends, the owner does not seem bothered to shut it up. once, i think the owner was abusing the dog and i had to shout "oie" before the abusing stopped...

i think it is a case of neglect, which is sad... i feel like calling SPCA too... ask them to camp around @ 7am and settle the issue once and for all...

but if we call them and there is no barking, we're wasting their time, isn't it?

Edited by OnePostWonder

Is it?

I did not hear any.

Everyday at 705am without fail, I bring my son to school and pass by the muilti-purposes hall between 25a and 25b.

You mean the barking is somewhere in the middle of blk26, the lift going to the car park?