Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

me me me, havent renovate, havent move in! looking forward to it though...sooon =)

Lynn, congrats on ur little bundle of joy =) I hope all is well with all neighbours!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
binzz

I'm sure we are talking abt the same unit... lower floor than us right :)

1 golden retreiver, 1 beagle & 1 more unknown "guilty-as-charged" super loud small dog

i recall retreiver is actually not allowed in HDB. no wonder they need to bark....it's so cramp!

Hello LINGGIE...remember me? You neighbours at blk25b. Went to your house once...last year....do hope to hear from you and your reno.

me me me, havent renovate, havent move in! looking forward to it though...sooon =)

Lynn, congrats on ur little bundle of joy =) I hope all is well with all neighbours!

of course i do! haha hows your mama? I hope all is well =)

looking forward to going home, not looking forward to renovation...always have alot headaches 1! haha

Hi HL, thanks. Are you back in sin?

binzz

I'm sure we are talking abt the same unit... lower floor than us right :)

1 golden retreiver, 1 beagle & 1 more unknown "guilty-as-charged" super loud small dog

Ya ya i oso notice there is someone having 3 dogs in a HDB.... coz saw the owner walking the dogs late at nite then.

but not too sure which floor or unit.

Simpleboi, wau u been staying there close to 1 ½ yrs already? Time really flies! Glad to hear that u and yr wife are happy staying there! :D

Hi Purple,

Yup, time passes fast :P

Anyway hopefully you can solve your reno problem soon.. if you need any help feel free to ask, we are more than glad to help :)

Hey, so everyone heard this dogs barking, confirm is #164, and we know which floor, the owner got not 1, not 2, but 3 dogs.. 1 big, 1 medium and 1 small..

Not that we kaypo, but cos, we also have dog and afraid that pple thought is us, cos a few times i found pple walking to my front door and then my own dog bark..

Actually how to tell the owner to bring his dogs for long walks? Cos most of the time dogs bark due to boredom. If they will regularly walk their dogs, there shouldn't be a problem with the barking.

Hi,

So it's 26D right? Which floor is it?

Coz so far staying there didn't hear anything hmm.. ;)

Hi Neighbours

I think better stick a note on the door about the dog bark....send the owner a warming letter that the matter will bring up to the town council.

Hi Purple

Do let us know if you need help on your renovation.

Hi Linggie

Do drop us a line if you come here.

Hi Purple,

sorry to hear tat ur reno still not yet complete. Is there a way for you to change another ID company? Tat means take back ur deposit etc... I oso dun tink HDB allow to drag reno for soo long. esp now our estate is like fully occupied.

If i am not wrong reno haf to be done by 1mth or 2 mth time.

Hi Jazz,

No, don’t think we can change ID Company now. Everything is half done, and doubt will be able to find others who’s willing to take over, cos they might not be able to earn from a house that’s half done. :unsure: Besides, our reno loans is applied under this ID company, so cant change contractors easily, plus even if really take the trouble to go to the bank to request for a change, will also have to spend time to look for another contractor, and scare will have other problems too. Yah, I’m also scare that HDB will ask how come the reno is so long and might have penalty or other problems again. :huh:

Hi Purple

Sorry to hear your plight and anger!

If anything can help, do let us know.

I will come in (reno forum) almost daily.

Happy

Hihi Happy,

Thanks a lot. Appreciate yr kindness! :D Ya, have a lot of things to ask, haiz, but don’t know where to start! Don’t know whether u all have the time to help or not, cos u all renovations finished long ago liao. Only can hope that my renovations can quickly start again, cos they stopped work very long already. Till now, even 3d designs also haven’t settled. They just changed the colors, and expect us to accept it, saying that they change a lot of times already. Well, they didn’t even change the designs, then change the colors for what? :( Like that considered change design meh? :unsure: Will u all accept something that u don’t like just because u want them to start and finish the reno quickly? I’m in a dilemma cos the current id don’t even complete the things that he needs to get done with, and kept never answering my calls or getting back with the answers, hence now I also dont feel like calling him anymore. Thus, now the matter drags for more than a month with no solutions in sight. :blink:

hi purplesky

u very poor thing leh....sound like such a nightmare... hang in there!

so how many % done at least?

Hi Apa,

Thanks for the concern. Currently, the floor is done. 3d pics for all carpentry not even settle yet. I ask the ID what’s the size of the new toilet bowl I should buy, and whether can I install an extra instant heater on top of the storage heater, ask only these 2 questions, I wait for more than 1 whole month, he keep saying that he will check for me, till now, also never reply me, hence I now don’t call him anymore. :(

Purplesky,

Your reno still on-going ah? Had you paid up in full to your contractors? Thats y they are dilly dallying their job?

Hi Binzz,

Not really paid up in full. But can say that as of now, I have paid more than the amt of work they have done, hence even if reno were to stop totally now, they will not lose anything, in fact they still owe us a few items outstanding for the package. :furious: Ya, guess that’s why they don’t really care now!

Hi Purple,

Yup, time passes fast :P

Anyway hopefully you can solve your reno problem soon.. if you need any help feel free to ask, we are more than glad to help :)

Simpleboi,

Thanks! Appreciate yr offer. :) Ya, hope my reno problems will be solved soon too.

Hi Linggie,

U coming back soon? Welcome back, hope yr future renovations will be smooth sailing and problems free! :yamseng:

oh gosh, hope your reno go on smoothly also, try to communicate with your ID, if not he also "bo chap" you then more headache.

yes! i will definitely visit you guys haha and by then I will need to bother you with alot questions again Happy, bcos I will be overseeing the reno by myself again, my hubby is coming home 3 mths after me, I will go back and get a headstart ;)

No offend to the dog owner...lately find lots of dog poo around the area.

Why cant they pick it up and throw in the dustbin?

It really makes the place very ditry and unhygienic.

happy, dun worry, u not offending me cos my dog is indoor trained!!! hahaha.. Only poo at home.. But its true, alot of dog poo around the area, we had to make sure our dog dun go near the poo also.. But didn't managed to catch the dogs at the act when we walk our dog.

Onepostwonder, I am sure we are talking about the same unit.. hahaha..

But recently they like quiet down already.. Basically as long as the dogs are not noisy, we cannot be bothered how many dogs or what breed they keep.. :rolleyes:

Hi All, just to check if anyone of you have problems with your metal gate??? The latch of my gate seems to be faulty....I used to get my contractor to repair for me....now that the renovations are over, dunno who to approach already.

Any neighbours have the same problem as me?? or have any contacts where I can call??

TIA

Edited by Vitamin C

Asking 5 room owners, is glass door or bifold doors the only options for kitchen? which would you recommend? Thanks much!

Hello All Neighbors,

Will like to ask those neighbors who installed storage heaters, it’s installed outside the toilet or inside? Cos my current new id told me that it will be install outside the toilet, but I thought that’s for city gas heaters right? Storage heater will be inside the toilet right? Anyone, install a storage heater plus an additional instant heater? :P

Also, for kitchen/toilet sinks, top mount or under mount is better? Can share any advise? :)

Last but not least, can share how much u spent for the windows grilles and curtains? Will like to know what’s the price range is like, and anyone have any good and price reasonable contacts to recommend? Thanks in advance!! :D