Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kellhound

Building and structural plans for landed

I'm looking at a corner terrace (built mid-90s) and the owner bought the building plans from BCA and gave me a copy. However, my contractor requested for the structural plans as well but the owner said this was not available from BCA. Is this possible (maybe too long ago) or perhaps the owner is not looking in the right place? My contractor said not possible as you need both building and structural plans to get CSC.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

BCA's plans ARE the structural plans if the entire set is bought. my original plans which were hand drawn from 1959 contains everything from the building facade down to the foundation plans.

normally BCA will do a plan search and let the requestor view them as a draft PDF copy first. then the requestor can pick and choose what to buy and pay for and the official copies with proper watermarks will be released for download. usually they comes in sets and is paid by per set (not per plan). the entire set should include everything

2 hours ago, petetherock said:

Nice of the owner to let you have a copy

those will be the definitive plans unless some renovations were done

Seller must be laughing to the bank already so pay $100+ for the plans sup sup water la. But i agree that it is nice of the seller to get the plans. 

20 hours ago, petetherock said:

Nice of the owner to let you have a copy

those will be the definitive plans unless some renovations were done

I actually requested to see the BCA approved building plan before putting down the 1% to verify and compare if there were any "unapproved" alterations present. 

18 hours ago, snoozee said:

Seller must be laughing to the bank already so pay $100+ for the plans sup sup water la. But i agree that it is nice of the seller to get the plans. 

I agree...in the overall scheme of things....the cost of the plans is nothing

19 hours ago, snoozee said:

It's not the cost.

Many owners won't let you have it unless you have signed the OTP.