Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
km_foo

Renovation Contractors, Not Id

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, anyone experience with JGH -P*ter? Went down to meet up with him, find he's not bad...

Just now sure about the workmanship.. anyone keen to share?

Thanks!!!

Hi, getting a punggol premium 4 room flat this coming Jan but haven't get hold of any price reasonable, reliable contractors yet. Any intro? Any contact? Can PM me and also email me at DonYeong81@gmail.com.

Urgent....

Thank you folk!

Hi all, I need recommendations to a reno contractor (not ID) for the following works:-

1) Entire rehaul of Master toilet

2) Changing of WC/ building of new vanity counter at common toilet

3) Carpentry and new kitchen top in Kitchen

Appreciate if you can email me your good recommendations at rihua.lin@gmail.com

Thanks and happy new year! :sport-smiley-018:

bad experience with V*ng*rd (p.mgt)

moved here into singapore some time back and finally getting a flat and was looking around for renovators/contractors. knew a friend who was getting his flat done then followed his renovations closely as was thinking if it is good, i can use the same contractor and maybe the contractor can give a good quote but i guessed it was a pretty bad experience to my horror even not as an owner and seeing the end product with things not done well. it may probably be the sub contractors' fault in which v*ng*rd sub contract to these people. but i think the ultimate/final responsibilities lies w V to take good care of it isnt it?

kind of pity my friend who paid a fairly huge amount for basic/simple renovations done but having problems here and there after moving in. those problems here and there add up to pretty much inconvenience afterall.

i guessed irresponsible the word to relate to this contractors. my friend actually went to few contractors before deciding on this one but maybe is his luck. a lot of things before starting of the renovation, V was like okay but after the end product, denying things that was promised? i was there throughout so i was like puzzled by this. im not sure if it is the 2 f.partners or 2 f.bosses. but it seems like they contradicts each other words at times. one promised things to be done and the other denied over the things to be done; claiming they did not agreed to it.

next is probably the manners/ attitude from them. it is not a service industry so we are not expecting an A class service from them but since they are doing a business serving different clients, how can the attitude for before works start be so different from during the works process? i mean i believe when people do renovations they would want it to be as good as possible since it is their home. having requests to do a much better work is not too much to ask for, however how can their attitude be till the extent of being pi**ed/ rude when the owner ask them to get things done properly when it was sighted that things were not done properly? it was probably till the extent of ignoring the owners' requests then. how can the okay-attitude before things get started become so different when works are in process/done?

while following my friend's reovations i heard alot of things about owners get unpleasant with contractors/renovators often and is very common. is not just V. like other friends or friends' friend etc.

however, this is something i thought i can share. and is there really good renovators that you people can recommend? thank you.

Edited by passerbyz

hi Passerbyz,

you could try contacting Kenneth Chia 92319888 previously of Urban Design.

he is a contractor but if you want a 'Fiting Up Works Contractor' you can get Kenneth to get him to get his associate involved.

the difference between a normal and 'Fitting Up Works Contractor' is that one will think it through the things that needs to be done and the other just follow your instructions and do what is the norm in the market.

especially nowadays when you have built in fridges, ovens, hoods, hobs, etc. there are a lot of thought that needs to be put into them to get the right finishing and termination.

thats why you need to be clear what is the kind of standard that you want to have for your renovations before engaging the right person.

its always OK before the confirmation but after the confirmation, OK might not come so easily.

all the best !

Kong Hee Fatt Choy.

GHCY

:-)