Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
km_foo

Renovation Contractors, Not Id

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hey guys,

I am currently looking for a reliable & efficient contractor. already got my keys. here's wat i'm intending to do,

1. hack away partition between living and bedroom and replace with wardrobe,

2. hack away existing wardrobe in bedroom,

3. open a window at shower area in toilet,

4. install lightings and electrical point.

how much do you think will cost?

i hope to find a contractor who can produce good works and reliable.

really on a tight budget here. IDs quoted me 10-15k for the works I wanna do.

sigh.

Hi sorry for the silly question... but is there any big difference between id & contractor?

The contractor I engaged 2 years back also can design. Most of their works are done in-house. A lot of my friends and relatives who came over also like the work done. They thought I went to a id but was surprised that everything is put together nicely by just a contractor. She is very experienced and quite accommodating. The good thing is I managed to get some extra work done without being charged.

so I think as long as price is reasonable and workmanship is good, id or contractor also ok right ?

Hi happy128,

Can you PM me the contact for your contractor?

Have a nice day!

Hi everyone,

My dad and bro is a honest and trustworthy contractor. They will be very happy and patient to give you good advices. Let me know should you need to seek advices for your house renovation. No harm knowing another contractor.

Hi PeiShi88,

Can you PM me the contact for your dad or bro? My Bto coming soon and I need to find a reliable contractor.

Have a nice day!

I have a contractor friend who has done up my place for me before. He is a contractor, NOT INTERIOR DESIGNER! He does furniture, lighting, basically all in one. He has asked me to do a post for him as he's not very internet savvy. Ppl looking to do renovation can PM your details directly to me, and I will hook you up directly to him. I can't post his details here in the open, hope you understand!

Hi Banjamin, can I have the contact of your contractor? thanks!

Hi sorry for the silly question... but is there any big difference between id & contractor?

The contractor I engaged 2 years back also can design. Most of their works are done in-house. A lot of my friends and relatives who came over also like the work done. They thought I went to a id but was surprised that everything is put together nicely by just a contractor. She is very experienced and quite accommodating. The good thing is I managed to get some extra work done without being charged.

so I think as long as price is reasonable and workmanship is good, id or contractor also ok right ?

Hi happy128, can u pm the contractor u engaged before? thank you!

hi km-foo, i can recommend my contractor to you if you are keen. i used his service for my house 8 years ago and will be using him again for my new house.

initially i wanted to try out ho bee since he is so highly recommended in this forum. they gave me a quote and after comparing, my first contractor's quote is still cheaper so i stayed with him.

he is very reliable and honest, just like patrick. the only thing is i have to keep chasing him for quotation (i think he is very busy). his carpentry work are also of very good quality, all my carpentry work in the old house is still going strong except for scratches and stickers all over (done by my kids).

pm me if you want his contact number.

Edited by Aeqmal