Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
km_foo

Renovation Contractors, Not Id

On 24 January 2016 at 8:16 PM, parkings8 said:

I just completed bto total around 33k 5 room. quality is there. pm if you like

Can email me the contractor contact and ur quotation with all inclusive to Jasmineyhy@hotmail.com? Thanks so much! :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Got recommended to homebox studios by silky mother and jullykhor. signed with chris. anybody have their project taken by chris? so far he's been very responsive and project just started. but still want to seek review. total cost 40k hack and redo whole house 4i. reasonably priced. praying that all goes well

19 hours ago, 226serangoonave4 said:

kindly pm me tommykoh. looking for homebox studios contact

They do have a website. Just google homebox studios.

Hi All,

Need help. I have selected 2 contractors for the renovation of my home, one of them is not in the HDB list of the approve contractors.

I need advise on what is the difference between a non-approve HDB contractor and HDB approve contractor?

As from what i know the non-approve HDB contractor can also apply permit from HDB.  What is the consequence of getting

the contractor which is nonHDB approve. Thanks 

Edited by Murho

3 hours ago, Murho said:

Hi All,

Need help. I have selected 2 contractors for the renovation of my home, one of them is not in the HDB list of the approve contractors.

I need advise on what is the difference between a non-approve HDB contractor and HDB approve contractor?

As from what i know the non-approve HDB contractor can also apply permit from HDB.  What is the consequence of getting

I go for hdb registered contractor also end up so many problem now looking for another one to help solve the problem... 2 months alr tiling just completed worksite always no people very disappointed.. i say it makes no difference lor 

may i know which two contractors you selected? able to share contact? hdb or non hdb also never mind. the person right can already.... my friend say his 6 out of 10 contractors in singapore non hdb and hdb registered contractor is a farce only .. as long as your contractor got help you apply permit at start of the renovation can alr

6 hours ago, Murho said:

Hi All,

I would go for HDB licence contractor as HDB have strict requirements to get the licence.  If the contractor do not have experience in the private sector, they do not give it to them and I know HDB have a banker guarantee or bond according to HDB site.  So if anything got problem like hack wrong wall, water proofing problems, they go after the licence holder which is an individual.    If you use a non-licence contractor the owner bear the consequences if got problems after a few years.  It is not after a few months as some like to tell you.  Most of the time, when ID or  contractor tells you it is ok to use them as they borrow the licence for wet works, it is because they do not qualify for the licence or worst got banned by HDB which gives demerit points to compliants.  Too many demerit points, I am sure HDB will suspend their licence or banned them.  If so easy to get licence, then everyone, Singapore, Malaysian and China contractors with experience or no experience or any junior or even senior interior designers will get the licence already.  When I get quote from the few contractors and ID that I shortlisted, the first thing I ask them is if they got HDB licence for wet works.  I think if they are not even licence holders personally themselves, that say so much about their experience levels,. And there are so many licence holders to select, probably in the thousands, so why take the risks.  And I check the individual name of the contractor with HDB and not just company name and make sure it is not a borrowed licence which they will say it is related companies and more often than not it is not true.  Don't be mislead lah.

On 24/01/2016 at 8:16 PM, parkings8 said:

I just completed bto total around 33k 5 room. quality is there. pm if you like

Could you pm me the contact. Thanks