Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I am in this forum cos I am looking for an ID for my mum's reno. We engaged Linewerz 2 years ago, and will not use them again. As it was a major reno, almost everything was redone. Inorder to retile the floor, the main door had to be removed. This caused the sand that was piled in the house to blow all over to the common area outside. The neighbours started to complain. The lift was also not padded and this also made the lift quite dirty.

When it came to the work in the house, there were some defects that could not be rectified and we had to deduct a sum from their final payment. I think the worst was when they gave the carpenter only 1 day to complete the carpentry and the whole carpentry was incorrect. This whole piece eventually had to be removed and redone.

I think the biggest problem was that the designer did not bother to listen to what we said and that's how things ended up this way.

We tried Linewerkz last year for our house reno and have regretted it ever since, because their workmanship is so poor that we have so many corrective actions to do (marble top in bathroom turning yellow/black within six months, wardrobes having wood insects, etc).

Totally agree with you. Workmanship and quality is real bad. bi-fold door also fix upside down. ID not bothered to check while work is being done. You have to go down to site and check your own and thn report to ID thn he will get the workers to re-do. I told him, storeroom I don't want to have false ceiling, they put false ceiling,

Common Bath I told him put false ceiling, they didn't do false ceiling. hence, I had to take the trouble to change my lights and bring it back for them.

Worse of all, my kitchen toilet, he forgot to even fix a door!

I am in this forum cos I am looking for an ID for my mum's reno. We engaged Linewerz 2 years ago, and will not use them again. As it was a major reno, almost everything was redone. Inorder to retile the floor, the main door had to be removed. This caused the sand that was piled in the house to blow all over to the common area outside. The neighbours started to complain. The lift was also not padded and this also made the lift quite dirty.

When it came to the work in the house, there were some defects that could not be rectified and we had to deduct a sum from their final payment. I think the worst was when they gave the carpenter only 1 day to complete the carpentry and the whole carpentry was incorrect. This whole piece eventually had to be removed and redone.

I think the biggest problem was that the designer did not bother to listen to what we said and that's how things ended up this way.

Total agree. They never listen and worse they never keep to their word. Their workers are lousy. I came by to my place to check once and saw a worker sitting there smoking. I asked him what is he suppose to do, he 'nothing' coz the stuff all not even there. And that was almost lunch time!

Also on another occasion, I happen to drop by, the door guy saw me and said, 'wah lucky you came coz i want to ask you if the door colour and handle is correct.' He said he came since morning and no body was around, and he dare not fix up the doors in case it was wrong coz the ID did not confirm with him

Total agree. They never listen and worse they never keep to their word. Their workers are lousy. I came by to my place to check once and saw a worker sitting there smoking. I asked him what is he suppose to do, he 'nothing' coz the stuff all not even there. And that was almost lunch time!

Also on another occasion, I happen to drop by, the door guy saw me and said, 'wah lucky you came coz i want to ask you if the door colour and handle is correct.' He said he came since morning and no body was around, and he dare not fix up the doors in case it was wrong coz the ID did not confirm with him

I just signed with them and I hope everything will worked out for me. I searched many IDs.. most IDs never give me good impression except 2..and Linewerkz's ID is one of them.

Their quote aren't the cheapest though.

Reason for signing up with them mainly because this ID gave me an impression that she is keen doing up my place and seem responsible (I think this is most important to me)

I paid only 5% instead of 20% incase they can't even deliver during design/planning phase...I would strike them off without hesitation(So far so good as of now =)).

1st 3D proposal already out...need more changes and tweaking of course.

Some links for my 1st 3D perspective

Living

Dinning

Kitchen

Edited by crystech

I just signed with them and I hope everything will worked out for me. I searched many IDs.. most IDs never give me good impression except 2..and Linewerkz's ID is one of them.

Their quote aren't the cheapest though.

Reason for signing up with them mainly because this ID gave me an impression that she is keen doing up my place and seem responsible (I think this is most important to me)

I paid only 5% instead of 20% incase they can't even deliver during design/planning phase...I would strike them off without hesitation(So far so good as of now =)).

1st 3D proposal already out...need more changes and tweaking of course.

Some links for my 1st 3D perspective

Living

Dinning

Kitchen

Hi Crystech, believe your project should be finished by now. Care to share your experience with LineWerkz and also the photos of your place. Thanks. :dancingqueen:

My sis engaged this firm 4 years ago thus I approached one of the ID to do up my house. Was impressed in our first meeting, he made some proposals and sketches on the spot. Felt good in his hand, so made a 2nd appointment a week after that. So far so good but then didn't hear from him after 2nd appointment. I took initiave to sms, email & call him. After few reminders and callings (1 month) to only receiving patronizing reply from him so I guess it's time to move on. So my review is a mixed one - A good and bad experience.

The ID I spoke to in Linewerkz seems quite amazing. He is able to sketch our ideas out in details on the spot and is quick to come up with ideas too. He was the top on my shortlisted list until I come across this post. After reading the negative comments on the worksmanship and quality (done by their sub-contractors, which means even if the ID is fantastic, lousy sub-cons are gonna spoil it all), I am now having second thoughts. Just wondering if anyone has good experience with this firm recently?

People who are considering hiring this Linewerks Pte Ltd. My advise to you is to avoid it at all cost.
Their overall workmanship is horrible, wardrobe which costs me about $4.5k (2m wide by 2.4m tall) has easily over 50 white stickers which were used as cover up for drill holes, scratches and dents. For a very simple wardrobe design at such a high price, we would expect quality workmanship. Never did we expect to see such disappointing product which looks cheaper than Ikea. Also the workers damaged our bedroom wooden floor tiles by their heavy machines. Which we have get the flooring company to have it repaired.

For people who already signed up with this ID, my advise to you is NOT to give them the last 5% until the 1 year warranty is up. The after sales service is the worst. The thing which I regretted doing is paying the last 5% upon completion of the renovation.

Once you have made the payment to them, they will suddenly never pick up your calls or reply back to your emails or messages.

• Like 1

People who are considering hiring this Linewerks Pte Ltd. My advise to you is to avoid it at all cost.

Their overall workmanship is horrible, wardrobe which costs me about $4.5k (2m wide by 2.4m tall) has easily over 50 white stickers which were used as cover up for drill holes, scratches and dents. For a very simple wardrobe design at such a high price, we would expect quality workmanship. Never did we expect to see such disappointing product which looks cheaper than Ikea. Also the workers damaged our bedroom wooden floor tiles by their heavy machines. Which we have get the flooring company to have it repaired.

For people who already signed up with this ID, my advise to you is NOT to give them the last 5% until the 1 year warranty is up. The after sales service is the worst. The thing which I regretted doing is paying the last 5% upon completion of the renovation.

Once you have made the payment to them, they will suddenly never pick up your calls or reply back to your emails or messages.

Same here, all the nice promises....that is until you are made to pay them everything. Never sign the payment schedule they gave, please, i learnt it the hard way.

they made some attempt to rectify the problems when they see complaints here but after a while, they revert back to their can't be bothered attitude.

engaged them in July 2013, its already coming to May 2014 now.

- defect has not been rectified

- promise of a nice free painting did not materialize

first impression was impressive, wait till you try then you know the full blast of their power.