Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kajua

How Much To Overlay 3 Bedrooms?

My parents place the 3 bedrooms last time they put those rubber tiles when it was first build like 36 years ago. The last time they use those glue to stick the square rubber tiles onto the concrete floor

When they put those, they fill up the level of the room floor to be the same as the living room which hard marble tiles

Now I wanna replace the marble tiles, previously I was told I cannot hack cause the cement floor was too thick if I hack, i might damage the neighbours downstairs. So I was wondering what are my options to replace them

If I wanna do an overlay what can I use? Just wood laminates ? Or can I use the those big rubber sheets that they use to cover the hospital ward floor? Or can i overlay with tiles?

Any suggestions? Will it be easy to remove the old glue below the rubber tiles ? They been there for 30+ years

How much would it cost ?

Thanks in advance

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Why don't you ask a contractor? I don't see why hacking is a problem, HDB flats are being hacked every day, everywhere in Singapore.

Those rubber tiles are so nostalgic.

My parents place the 3 bedrooms last time they put those rubber tiles when it was first build like 36 years ago. The last time they use those glue to stick the square rubber tiles onto the concrete floor

When they put those, they fill up the level of the room floor to be the same as the living room which hard marble tiles

Now I wanna replace the marble tiles, previously I was told I cannot hack cause the cement floor was too thick if I hack, i might damage the neighbours downstairs. So I was wondering what are my options to replace them

If I wanna do an overlay what can I use? Just wood laminates ? Or can I use the those big rubber sheets that they use to cover the hospital ward floor? Or can i overlay with tiles?

Any suggestions? Will it be easy to remove the old glue below the rubber tiles ? They been there for 30+ years

How much would it cost ?

Thanks in advance

Kajua,

You may wish to consider using floor laminates as an option if you do not wish to hack the marble flooring and to remove the vinyl ( "rubber" ) tiles in the 3 bedrooms. I am not too sure if you should overlay over the vinyl tiles, but the people in the laminate business should be able to provide some recommendations.

I have just asked for a quotation for wood lamination for my living room and 2 bedrooms (excluding store room) , pretty reasonable at $1180 ( about $2.80 psf) all in, inclusive GST and installation plus helping to move existing furniture from one room to another in the process of installation. My current flooring is giddy design vinyl sheets held on by glue to the cement floor, yes very old stuff like the one you described. I am not laying tiles, as this would be more costly and involve much more time and inconvenience . Yes, laminates are more difficult to maintain, but what else can you do for $1180 these days. If you would like the contact, please PM me.