Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Phantom

Kancheong King... Where To Hold Customary Dinner?

I've realized that time passes by so quickly and haven't book the customary dinner yet.. where to book also headache.. nowadays EVERYWHERE is also expensive... :lol:

I'm looking at a Q4 2008 wedding

Grand Copthorne Waterfront

Intercontinental Singapore

Goodwood Park Hotel

Pan Pacific Singapore

The Oriental Singapore

Shangri-La Hotel (Maybe Weekday Package? :D )

Any advice.. prolly heading down next week.. dunno if i cram everyone in 1 day.. lol..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

You gotta give more details like how many pax (roughly) you expecting, you want ambience vs good food (I realised that these two don't usually mix), price, convenience to get cabs/public transport, etc.

And obviously can't see everyone in one day lah, they will need to bring you around to see the place and explain their package to you. Each session usually takes about an hour and after listening to 1st few you will be confused liao...information overload!!

BTW how come Merchant Court and Mariott is not in your category? I think these two are worth to consider too...

I've realized that time passes by so quickly and haven't book the customary dinner yet.. where to book also headache.. nowadays EVERYWHERE is also expensive... :sport-smiley-004:

Goodwood Park Hotel

Pan Pacific Singapore

The Oriental Singapore

Any advice.. prolly heading down next week.. dunno if i cram everyone in 1 day.. lol..

what's Q4? fourth quarter of the year? if so, then you must book the venue these few months liao lor. at least 1 year in advance. :deal: so that you'll be able to book the auspicious date which you want. :P

when we were selecting the venue, we called and viewed several 5 star hotels before making the final decision as where to hold our AD. ;) there're several things to look out for: your budget, the more convenient location, the food, the hotel service etc. :)

we went to grand copthorne waterfront and basically we don't like the ballroom and the location. the ballroom isn't nice and location is d-a-m-n inconvenient! :D but the wedding packages are quite cheap. :P

You gotta give more details like how many pax (roughly) you expecting, you want ambience vs good food (I realised that these two don't usually mix), price, convenience to get cabs/public transport, etc.

And obviously can't see everyone in one day lah, they will need to bring you around to see the place and explain their package to you. Each session usually takes about an hour and after listening to 1st few you will be confused liao...information overload!!

BTW how come Merchant Court and Mariott is not in your category? I think these two are worth to consider too...

probably, you can view 1-3 hotels in a day. that was our record so far! :D how come swissotel the stamford isn't in your list? it's also a 5 star hotel. :)

I've realized that time passes by so quickly and haven't book the customary dinner yet.. where to book also headache.. nowadays EVERYWHERE is also expensive... :sport-smiley-004:

Goodwood Park Hotel

Pan Pacific Singapore

The Oriental Singapore

Hey, i got 2008 package pricing for Intercontinental Singapore & The Oriental Singapore. If you are interested, can pm me your email address. :D

I myself is The Oriental Singapore Bride-to-be in Q2 2008.

Edited by xinyi_reiko

lol.. i'm expecting 40 Tables. i also expect ppl to drive.. its my wedding.. they better not complain abt getting here.. ha ha ha... price wise.. 800-1000... food and ambience must go together..

Wife don't like Merchant Court. I don't like Mariott food.. esp since i've been there 3 times in the last one year and the food really CMI. There was once, the fella seating next to me had a nail in his drink. i'm not kidding. then again i think i was a case of employee trying to sabo the company/supervisor.

what's Q4? fourth quarter of the year? if so, then you must book the venue these few months liao lor. at least 1 year in advance. :P so that you'll be able to book the auspicious date which you want. :D

when we were selecting the venue, we called and viewed several 5 star hotels before making the final decision as where to hold our AD. :D there're several things to look out for: your budget, the more convenient location, the food, the hotel service etc. ;)

we went to grand copthorne waterfront and basically we don't like the ballroom and the location. the ballroom isn't nice and location is d-a-m-n inconvenient! :sport-smiley-004: but the wedding packages are quite cheap. :D

probably, you can view 1-3 hotels in a day. that was our record so far! :deal: how come swissotel the stamford isn't in your list? it's also a 5 star hotel. :)

Korea... wah seh... Waterfront is cheap in your books ar!? its pricey in my opinion.. just that mrs phantom likes the grand ballroom so no choice..

swissotel just doesn't give us the FEEL... sometimes you just need to have the feeling with the place..

Hey, i got 2008 package pricing for Intercontinental Singapore & The Oriental Singapore. If you are interested, can pm me your email address. :)

I myself is The Oriental Singapore Bride-to-be in Q2 2008.

hi hi,

thanks.. I'll PM you now.

cheers! :P

cheers! :sport-smiley-004:

Have drop you a mail liao..

Shall give you a little feedback. :D

Intercorn, I must say they have very nice grand ballroom. One of the nicest I seen so far. Reason I did not choose them because they categorized their pricing by auspicious dates. Happens that mine falls on their auspicious date. Hence more ex. I not sure if is me or what. Tried to bargine perks, but they refuse to give. :P Their perks not as attractive as compared to other hotels lika grand hyatt and oriental. So decide to give a missed. Btw, they wedding show just over, better perks are given that day. :D

Have drop you a mail liao..

Shall give you a little feedback. :P

Intercorn, I must say they have very nice grand ballroom. One of the nicest I seen so far. Reason I did not choose them because they categorized their pricing by auspicious dates. Happens that mine falls on their auspicious date. Hence more ex. I not sure if is me or what. Tried to bargine perks, but they refuse to give. :( Their perks not as attractive as compared to other hotels lika grand hyatt and oriental. So decide to give a missed. Btw, they wedding show just over, better perks are given that day. ;)

Thanks. Why don't you send me the hyatt and oriental ones too.. lol..

at least i can take a look.. the auspicious day pricing is ridiculous.

hehe.. send liao..

In the end choose oriental becoz good perks, the coordinators work on sat, like their wedding themes, food looks sounds good also.. hehe..

grand hyatt coordinators only work on normal working days.. I tried to arrange of meeting up on sat afternoon, tio reject. ;) Usually, more free on weekends. hehe. But is my dream place lahh.. good food, wedding theme is nice..

lol.. i'm expecting 40 Tables. i also expect ppl to drive.. its my wedding.. they better not complain abt getting here.. ha ha ha... price wise.. 800-1000... food and ambience must go together..

Wife don't like Merchant Court. I don't like Mariott food.. esp since i've been there 3 times in the last one year and the food really CMI. There was once, the fella seating next to me had a nail in his drink. i'm not kidding. then again i think i was a case of employee trying to sabo the company/supervisor.

Korea... wah seh... Waterfront is cheap in your books ar!? its pricey in my opinion.. just that mrs phantom likes the grand ballroom so no choice..

swissotel just doesn't give us the FEEL... sometimes you just need to have the feeling with the place..

hi hi,

cheers! :seeya:

ya, grand copthorne waterfront wedding packages are quite cheap. you didn't have the wedding packages? :unsure: we were surprised too. haha. but we hate the location. extremely INCONVENIENT!:(8|

you also must think of the convenience for your guests. you know why? b'cos some people find that if the location is very inconvenient and they rather not to turn up! eventually, you can hardly breakeven for your AD. :notti:

which hotel had nail in the drink?! :o i agreed that merchant court food CMI. we tried before and impression not good. :(

we chosen swissotel the stamford b'cos of the service, convenient location (city hall mrt nearby), the beautiful bridal suite (very beautiful scenery and at 60th+ floor), food etc. swissotel the stamford is the only hotel with "smart lighting" in their ballrooms. a 5 star hotel. you should bring your wife to see the ballrooms and bridal suite, she'll surely love it! after seeing the ballroom and bridal suite, i started to pester hubby to book swissotel the stamford! ;)

we also went to grand hyatt, hilton, grand copthorne waterfront etc but the ballrooms CMI. :jawdrop:

ya, intercon is based on asupicious dates to price their wedding packages. :P i don't find intercon has anything special except the ballroom i agreed is beautiful but the rest is average lor. :(

hehe.. send liao..

In the end choose oriental becoz good perks, the coordinators work on sat, like their wedding themes, food looks sounds good also.. hehe..

grand hyatt coordinators only work on normal working days.. I tried to arrange of meeting up on sat afternoon, tio reject. ;) Usually, more free on weekends. hehe. But is my dream place lahh.. good food, wedding theme is nice..

since you mentioned grand hyatt's co-ordinators and here i've a comment. :jawdrop: that time, when we went to view grand hyatt ballrooms and a co-ordinator didn't give us a good impression. :furious: she gave me a feeling that she didn't bother to serve us and very hurry went through everything very fast. she also didn't bother to give us the complimentary parking. 8| from such small issue you can see the attitude so how can we let this hotel to handle our big day! :furious:

holidays inn parkview and hilton co-ordinators are very good especially holidays inn parkview. holiday inn parkview is not bad and their crystal ballroom is very nice! :good:

waa..korea, u mean grand corpthorne is cheap ar? i find its very expensive le..i like their ballroom alot but its too pricy...hehe

grand corpthorne waterfront is not that cheap lor.. is almost the same price with swissotel the stamford.

actually my friend had a bad experience with swissotel the stamford and make them compensate him by give him more discount. Food wise so-so only.

Still thumbs up for grand hyatt food. ;)

waa..korea, u mean grand corpthorne is cheap ar? i find its very expensive le..i like their ballroom alot but its too pricy...hehe

ya, the wedding packages are quite cheap. we saw them earlier this year. don't tell me they've increased the prices?? :D

grand corpthorne waterfront is not that cheap lor.. is almost the same price with swissotel the stamford.

actually my friend had a bad experience with swissotel the stamford and make them compensate him by give him more discount. Food wise so-so only.

Still thumbs up for grand hyatt food. :thumbs up:

if you said grand corpthorne waterfront isn't cheap then really not worth it liao b'cos not cheap and extremely incovenient location! :deal:

oh, your friend had a bad experience huh? but some of my friends had good experiences with swissotel the stamford leh. :deal: probably, different people had encountered different experiences. :thumbs up: after all, we're human mah and so sure feel either pleasing or unpleasing. :bangwall:

Edited by korea

I'm an intercon BTB...will be having my AD next Feb....basically we viewed all the hotels in town b4 deciding on intercon...was totally won over by the grand ballroom....had friends who attended wedding there and commented that the food is nice....can't comment much on that since i've nvr attended weddings there b4 but it's nice to hear good comments :)

Phantom, if you are looking at 40 tables, I dun think intercon can accomodate so many leh...their max is 37 tables...i thnk you should select your hotels by elimination process...as in eliminate those which can't accomodate so many tables...it will make your selection easier.... i think grand copthorne is a good choice if you are planning so many tables...shangrila is d-a-r-n ex one lor...how about conrad? Actually i think oriental is very nice too, esp since after the revamp, but dun think they can accomodate so many tables too leh...

But I think you should visit the hotels you are interested in to see if you have the feeling~....comments are just comments...ultimately you must like the place b4 you commit.

oh, your friend had a bad experience huh? but some of my friends had good experiences with swissotel the stamford leh. :help: probably, different people had encountered different experiences. :bow: after all, we're human mah and so sure feel either pleasing or unpleasing. :dribble:

Ya lah precisely...that's why some pple would think grand copthorne is good and some think not mah...after all, it's individual preference lah....ultimately, the couple must like the place...the rest is secondary..ehh grand copthorne not cheap lor....their prices are also 5-star prices man..

Edited by Air

Wow so many replies liao, but I will just keep to my own post and your first post...

Ok, for 40 tables, I believe goodwood park and shangri-la is out - GW is too small while shang is too big. Yes shang definitely can put in the partition to cater to your smaller group, not sure about you, but I won't want to have a 'half' ballroom. Not sure about intercon though, I believe they do not have a big ballroom also? Do check it out.

Which comes to the next issue: Do choose a hotel that only have ONE ballroom and only ONE mega function per night. This is impt to me because I ever walked into a wrong wedding before (my friend's son's wedding), which was at swissotel. They can have like two weddings, one mega function and a few D&D ALL AT THE SAME TIME, because the convention hall is **** big. I am sure you have old folks and do not want them to get confused. Exclusivity is another thing: I do not like to be just "one of the many events" at the hotel for that night.

Pan Pac, grand corp and oriental I believe can cater, but I would choose pan pac, although they are not cheap. Grand corp is ok, their big glass window overlooking onto the garden is nice but everyone knows about it lah, so no surprise liao. Oriental would be most NOT recommended, because very bad service there. If you are those with special ideas on lighting, music, or maybe you want to do something special for your spouse, this is not the place. They often screw up on the AV, like no sound on the video, wrong music, etc.

Are you ok with 12-pax per table? If so then can consider sheraton and conrad, they are the only hotels with 12-pax tables, very nice and posh, but make sure your old folks are ok with that. More pricey ones would be fullerton, nice ballroom walk-down staircase, highly recommended. Avoid ritz carlton even though you got alot of money; they cater to corporate events more and do not like to have weddings unless you are some rich and famous VVIPs.

Ya lah precisely...that's why some pple would think grand copthorne is good and some think not mah...after all, it's individual preference lah....ultimately, the couple must like the place...the rest is secondary..ehh grand copthorne not cheap lor....their prices are also 5-star prices man..

frankly speaking, do you think grand copthorne location is convenient meh??? :jawdrop: i really don't think so lor. it's very out of the way! :lol: location is really an impt factor too. :P

i ever read a posting from this forum that someone's friend held their AD at grand copthorne and eventually they couldn't even breakeven after their AD due to the location. :lol:

Wow so many replies liao, but I will just keep to my own post and your first post...

Ok, for 40 tables, I believe goodwood park and shangri-la is out - GW is too small while shang is too big. Yes shang definitely can put in the partition to cater to your smaller group, not sure about you, but I won't want to have a 'half' ballroom. Not sure about intercon though, I believe they do not have a big ballroom also? Do check it out.

Which comes to the next issue: Do choose a hotel that only have ONE ballroom and only ONE mega function per night. This is impt to me because I ever walked into a wrong wedding before (my friend's son's wedding), which was at swissotel. They can have like two weddings, one mega function and a few D&D ALL AT THE SAME TIME, because the convention hall is **** big. I am sure you have old folks and do not want them to get confused. Exclusivity is another thing: I do not like to be just "one of the many events" at the hotel for that night.

Pan Pac, grand corp and oriental I believe can cater, but I would choose pan pac, although they are not cheap. Grand corp is ok, their big glass window overlooking onto the garden is nice but everyone knows about it lah, so no surprise liao. Oriental would be most NOT recommended, because very bad service there. If you are those with special ideas on lighting, music, or maybe you want to do something special for your spouse, this is not the place. They often screw up on the AV, like no sound on the video, wrong music, etc.

Are you ok with 12-pax per table? If so then can consider sheraton and conrad, they are the only hotels with 12-pax tables, very nice and posh, but make sure your old folks are ok with that. More pricey ones would be fullerton, nice ballroom walk-down staircase, highly recommended. Avoid ritz carlton even though you got alot of money; they cater to corporate events more and do not like to have weddings unless you are some rich and famous VVIPs.

one of the swissotel the stamford ballrooms can hold 50 tables or more. you mean sheraton and conrad are the only hotels with 12 persons per table? :) ya, i think i heard before. i also known that swissotel the stamford is one of the hotels which caters 20 persons per table for VIPs (you can choose). it's called the mega top. :good:

oriental hotel really has very bad service?! :lol: