Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Phantom

Kancheong King... Where To Hold Customary Dinner?

no car isn't a crime. why so realistic leh? btw, just curious. you don't drive?? :D i saw many men working in raffles place or sherton way are wearing very smartly to work. i wonder whether they earn really a lot a not or just maybe they want to dress up to make themselves look good for others to see. haha. :P probably, their salary is very low only. :D

i find that real rich people usually will dress very causally. hubby has a few friends who are very rich and they dress very causal. nobody will know they're rich, manz! :)

yeah.. don't drive because i also like to be chauffered.. lol.. now very comfortable lifestyle.. but if got car.. might need to sacrifice mah.. loan + erp + road tax + insurance + petrol + parking .... easily one month more than 1.5k ..

take taxi lessor.. lol... another thing i is i don't wanna take any loan more than 7year.. and the cars we like are slightly pricier..

then again my uncle in law takes the MRT to work. he's a big shot director... wife drives the convertible..

ha ha ha.. my wife is telling me i should do the same.. :D

Actually hor, for me I believe the moment you choose to hold your wedding at hotel you shouldn't be too fussy with food. Another issue is that the catering sales always like to sell their in-house restaurant; I always want to ask, if on my wedding day, do they close their restaurant and the chefs all come over? If not how sure am I that my wedding dinner is cooked by the same chef in the restaurant? All bluff people one lor...

I held my wedding at marriott, though everyone tells me the food is no good. In the end, nobody complained anyway, because I put up a good 'show' for my wifey and everyone forgotten about the good food...hehe...hotels are all about ambience lah, don't worry too much about the food, it won't too bad one lah...

GCW is good lah, if your wifey likes it then do give it some thoughts. You know lah, women...hehe...

lol.. you made a good point that we have thought of... we decided that even if the food tasting is good.. the actual day.. we can't have the Shifu Chefu one person cook for the whole banquet.. so if we think the food not bad.. can already.. importantly like you say its the show lah.. heh heh..

yeah.. we are leaning more to GCW and Intercon at the moment.

Hey phantom, intercon's pricing has gone up liao for 2008, so you better check out whether it fits your budget or not first....i was lucky cos our wedding is in Feb...so they extended the 07 pricing to us..let me know if you need any info :)

wah.. so lucky ah..

xinyi sent me the package already.. i think it should be the same one bah.. who you spoke to ah?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
yeah.. don't drive because i also like to be chauffered.. lol.. now very comfortable lifestyle.. but if got car.. might need to sacrifice mah.. loan + erp + road tax + insurance + petrol + parking .... easily one month more than 1.5k ..

take taxi lessor.. lol... another thing i is i don't wanna take any loan more than 7year.. and the cars we like are slightly pricier..

then again my uncle in law takes the MRT to work. he's a big shot director... wife drives the convertible..

lol.. you made a good point that we have thought of... we decided that even if the food tasting is good.. the actual day.. we can't have the Shifu Chefu one person cook for the whole banquet.. so if we think the food not bad.. can already.. importantly like you say its the show lah.. heh heh..

yeah.. we are leaning more to GCW and Intercon at the moment.

wah.. so lucky ah..

xinyi sent me the package already.. i think it should be the same one bah.. who you spoke to ah?

I spoke to Michelle but she's leaving already....now changed to Jean or duno what...haven't called her yet...i'm not sure abt the new pricing leh...i heard it from my friend cos she was looking at intercon also but the 08 pricing turns her off....haha...

I spoke to Michelle but she's leaving already....now changed to Jean or duno what...haven't called her yet...i'm not sure abt the new pricing leh...i heard it from my friend cos she was looking at intercon also but the 08 pricing turns her off....haha...

wah seh.. let me know what is your package like leh..

i just spoke to a girl.. but doesn't seem very good leh..

wah seh.. let me know what is your package like leh..

i just spoke to a girl.. but doesn't seem very good leh..

U want I can email you my package lor.....who did you speak to??

U want I can email you my package lor.....who did you speak to??

i dunno.. spoke to this girl but she didn't send me the package yet..

anyway wife is going to meet up with the sales director.. apparently he and my wife have some business dealings.. so hopefully wife can magic up some deal.. lol....

:(

Erm, doesn't matter whether swissotel has how many ballrooms or whatever sizes, but the fact is that they have more than ONE ballroom then I dun like liao.

For 20 pax per table, its nothing special nowadays - every hotel can do it because everyone has something called the 'crescent' table which can be put together to form a 'mega top'. With the table cloth over it, nobody can tell if its a one-piece table or formed with crescent tables. Such 20-pax table was actually started by ritz carlton, not swissotel.

Back in 2005 during my wedding at marriott, I had alot of problems trying to get them to make this big table for my 'red' table because they never tried it before; I believe a wedding is a marriage of two families, so I do not want two red tables, just one big table. In the end marriott give it a try and it was great!

Now marriott is selling it as well, in the same way I did it with them, hehe...

aiyo, i didn't mention that swissotel the stamford is the starter for the 20 pax per table idea lah. i just told you all that swissotel the stamford is ONE of the hotels which offers 20 pax per table lah. :( anyway, we didn't request for the mega top b'cos of some reasons. :unsure:

frankly speaking, it's very difficult to have everything (e.g, one ballroom, nice ballroom, good food, good ambience, good service, reasonable pricing etc). :D

frankly speaking, it's very difficult to have everything (e.g, one ballroom, nice ballroom, good food, good ambience, good service, reasonable pricing etc). :D

yeah thats really true..

still got

-wedding gown..

-photo taking outdoor and studio

-wedding day photo taking and video.

SO MANY THINGS TO PAY! :(

if you prefer GCW after all then go ahead and book. it's you and your wife's decision! :unsure:

a car is more for transportation purpose and convenient sake. to show status is beside the point liao. :(

road tax has to depend b'cos some people prefer to renew half a year or yearly. so this can't count as monthly expenses for a car. usually, monthly expenses for a car refer to installment, petrol, parking fee, erp, car wash etc. :)

it's no surprise that director takes mrt to work mah. some people can be very thrifty. there're some companies' directors even stay in hdb flats. :)

yeah thats really true..

still got

-wedding gown..

-photo taking outdoor and studio

-wedding day photo taking and video.

SO MANY THINGS TO PAY! :help:

ya lor, everything is $$$. :(

if you prefer GCW after all then go ahead and book. it's you and your wife's decision! :unsure:

a car is more for transportation purpose and convenient sake. to show status is beside the point liao. :(

road tax has to depend b'cos some people prefer to renew half a year or yearly. so this can't count as monthly expenses for a car. usually, monthly expenses for a car refer to installment, petrol, parking fee, erp, car wash etc. :(

it's no surprise that director takes mrt to work mah. some people can be very thrifty. there're some companies' directors even stay in hdb flats. :)

ya lor, everything is $$$. :help:

yeah... and my new job training is up to 2mths.. sheesh.. die already.. no commission already.. :D

for me i add up everything divide by 12.. then i calculate taxi costs.. lol... meet client can claim.. drive car cannot.. dunno new company got change the rule anot? lol..

yeah... and my new job training is up to 2mths.. sheesh.. die already.. no commission already.. :(

for me i add up everything divide by 12.. then i calculate taxi costs.. lol... meet client can claim.. drive car cannot.. dunno new company got change the rule anot? lol..

last time, when i just met my hubby and he didn't have a car. we often took cab everywhere we went. eventually, we calculated the expenses we spent on cab alone and it was really not worth it lor. so we decided to get a car. our first car was a mit lancer. i still remember it was a manual car. but the honda we're driving now is an auto car. :unsure:

but sometimes, cab is really very difficult to hire esp on festive seasons and emergency. :D

last time, when i just met my hubby and he didn't have a car. we often took cab everywhere we went. eventually, we calculated the expenses we spent on cab alone and it was really not worth it lor. so we decided to get a car. our first car was a mit lancer. i still remember it was a manual car. but the honda we're driving now is an auto car. :D

but sometimes, cab is really very difficult to hire esp on festive seasons and emergency. :(

lol.. yeah.. sometimes quite difficult to get car..

see the new job how.. if can earn tons of money then i'll probably get one.. lol..

lol.. yeah.. sometimes quite difficult to get car..

see the new job how.. if can earn tons of money then i'll probably get one.. lol..

you don't have to wait until you earn tons of $$$ then can buy a car mah. you can buy a cheaper budget car. :(

which car you're aiming at? or have in your mind? i mean you must be realistic lah. buy a car according to your budget, size of the car etc. :D

you don't have to wait until you earn tons of $$$ then can buy a car mah. you can buy a cheaper budget car. :(

which car you're aiming at? or have in your mind? i mean you must be realistic lah. buy a car according to your budget, size of the car etc. :D

lol.. i wanna pay off earlier mah..

i like the parallel import honda accord.

the other day saw the merc c180 coupe.. hand itchy.. 88k .. slightly less than 3 years old..

lol.. i wanna pay off earlier mah..

i like the parallel import honda accord.

the other day saw the merc c180 coupe.. hand itchy.. 88k .. slightly less than 3 years old..

parallel importer honda accord?? what's so special about the parallel import compare to kah motor? :sport-smiley-018: made in japan? kah motor accord is made in thailand. city also made in thailand. :)

the merc is a 2nd hand car?? !!

always remember that buy a car is easy but to maintain a car isn't easy. :(

parallel importer honda accord?? what's so special about the parallel import compare to kah motor? :sport-smiley-018: made in japan? kah motor accord is made in thailand. city also made in thailand. :(

the merc is a 2nd hand car?? !!

always remember that buy a car is easy but to maintain a car isn't easy. :(

made in japan and i like the design better..

its a little different in the exterior.. esp the rear.. as compared to the kah motors.

yeah buy car is easy. maintain not easy.. thats why think think think think.. :)