Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I just received a renovation quotation which included supply and and laying of floor and wall tiles at an average of $15 psf. This seems rather high to me and the explanation given was that it includes cement bedding and the need to use pre-mixed cement. Does this sound reasonable?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Private houses no need to use premixed cement.

what is the tile pricing range that is quoted? If quoted max $3psf tiles, then the labour and materials for tiling will be at $12psf.

price will differ from laying marble/granite and porcelain/ceramic tiles.

looking at my own house quotation, your $15psf inclusive of supply of tiles does not seem excessive. 

4 hours ago, snoozee said:

Private houses no need to use premixed cement.

what is the tile pricing range that is quoted? If quoted max $3psf tiles, then the labour and materials for tiling will be at $12psf.

price will differ from laying marble/granite and porcelain/ceramic tiles.

looking at my own house quotation, your $15psf inclusive of supply of tiles does not seem excessive. 

Hi, I saw quite a few estimates online that peg tiling costs at $10-$12 psf (inclusive of labour which is valued at around $7 psf). Of course, COVID may have caused prices to rise since. Does premixed cement cost more than normal cement? What's the difference between the two?

16 minutes ago, Kellhound said:

Hi, I saw quite a few estimates online that peg tiling costs at $10-$12 psf (inclusive of labour which is valued at around $7 psf). Of course, COVID may have caused prices to rise since. Does premixed cement cost more than normal cement? What's the difference between the two?

Well, it’s up to you to negotiate with your builder. 
from next month onwards, Covid-19 swab test is not longer free for workers. So this will be factored into your overall cost as well. 
premix will cost more then normal cement and sand DIY mixing on site