Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kellhound

Electrical works quote

11 hours ago, AWS said:

Try Amazon. Change country to Germany with English language. Then change shipping address to Singapore. 
Try search CISA 1A731. It’s only under €100 including shipping. 
The bulk of the $800-$1000 mostly come under the labour. Labour cost is a killer in Singapore now. My builder installed for me FOC under the cost of the gate system. 
The lock body and striker needs welding to your metal gate frame to be strong. Coupled to the intercom and CCTV system, you can have great flexibility on persons entering and exiting your property, ie, when you have a parcel delivery or collection when no one is home. And with the WiFi model intercom system, you don’t need a key to enter. Just swipe unlock on the intercom app.

Hi AWS,

Thanks for the recommendation. Do you have a separate "Press to Exit" button on the inside wall of the gate? Or does the red button on the lock serve this function? 

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
11 hours ago, snoozee said:

before deciding on which rim lock to buy, look at the design of your side gate and the frame/wall first. if your side gate and frame/wall has the faces in line with each other(on the inside), then the Viro or Cisa lock which AWS recommended would work. but if you have gate which has its face not in line with the frame/wall, then the Cisa lock which AWS recommended can't work since you can't mount the strike at the side of the gate frame or wall. Even for the Viro rim lock, you will have to find creative ways to mount the strike plate as well.

for my house, the gate and frame/wall is not in line so I had to do some modifications for the rim lock to work properly.

2021-06-23_9-32-48.jpg.fd4e9155c731b912dcfeb0bdd4971ba6.jpg

Thanks for the advice. I will  most probably have do a frame to install the other part of the lock. Something like this......

image.png

Edited by Kellhound

11 minutes ago, Kellhound said:

Hi AWS,

Thanks for the recommendation. Do you have a separate "Press to Exit" button on the inside wall of the gate? Or does the red button on the lock serve this function? 

I don’t think anyone will have this button installed just inside near the gate. If any, it should be installed inside the house. Mine came with the button but I didn’t install. I just use my intercom monitor to do the remote unlock

7 minutes ago, Kellhound said:

Thanks for the advice. I will  most probably have do a frame to install the other part of the lock. Something like this......

image.png

This design is using 150 or 200  square hollow section steel posts. If you want to use it, then the door should be set inside such that the door is flushed on the inside with the frame. Else you will have problems installing strike plate of the rim lock

The red button on the lock serves as a unlock function for occupants to exit. If you buy the other model without the red button, you will either need a key to unlock from inside or configure your power supply to be interrupted by a wall PTO toggle switch inside your compound to unlock. Either way, if a burglar is able to reach your inside red button or PTO button, he’s already inside your compound. It makes no differences. In this situation, your CCTV will come into defence play. In the market, advance CCTV cams are able to let owners mark out an intrusion zone to trigger an alarm or warning. It all depends on how you want to configure. Talk to the CCTV seller your requirement. Marking out these zones can also give you false warning, for example, birds or bats flying pass the zone. You will need to configure or play around with the sensitivity. My intercom system is able to trigger to unlock the electric lock (with red button) via the touch screen monitor or through a app if I am outside the house, even overseas. All you need is 4G data for the app. Anyone who rings your door bell, the intercom will search your all over the world and your phone will ring and you can see who’s outside your gate. 

On 6/23/2021 at 9:50 PM, AWS said:

The red button on the lock serves as a unlock function for occupants to exit. If you buy the other model without the red button, you will either need a key to unlock from inside or configure your power supply to be interrupted by a wall PTO toggle switch inside your compound to unlock. Either way, if a burglar is able to reach your inside red button or PTO button, he’s already inside your compound. It makes no differences. In this situation, your CCTV will come into defence play. In the market, advance CCTV cams are able to let owners mark out an intrusion zone to trigger an alarm or warning. It all depends on how you want to configure. Talk to the CCTV seller your requirement. Marking out these zones can also give you false warning, for example, birds or bats flying pass the zone. You will need to configure or play around with the sensitivity. My intercom system is able to trigger to unlock the electric lock (with red button) via the touch screen monitor or through a app if I am outside the house, even overseas. All you need is 4G data for the app. Anyone who rings your door bell, the intercom will search your all over the world and your phone will ring and you can see who’s outside your gate. 

Hi AWS,

Is the CISA lock waterproof or did you install a rain cover for the lock?

1 hour ago, Kellhound said:

Hi AWS,

Is the CISA lock waterproof or did you install a rain cover for the lock?

Both model CISA locks, ie with or without the red unlock button are all rain proof. All material inside the cover are either stainless or galvanized alloy.  No issues with rust. As an added protection, I self DIY and applied a coat of marine grease on all metal parts. 
Depending on how you going to electrically link up your lock to an intercom system or just purely a Push To Open button, you will need a power supply of 12VAC with at least 5A to trigger. Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, AWS said:

Both model CISA locks, ie with or without the red unlock button are all rain proof. All material inside the cover are either stainless or galvanized alloy.  No issues with rust. As an added protection, I self DIY and applied a coat of marine grease on all metal parts. 
Depending on how you going to electrically link up your lock to an intercom system or just purely a Push To Open button, you will need a power supply of 12VAC with at least 5A to trigger. Hope this helps.

Hi, isn't the lock rated for 12V 3A? Should I upsize the power supply to 12V 5A?

6 hours ago, Kellhound said:

Hi, isn't the lock rated for 12V 3A? Should I upsize the power supply to 12V 5A?

PM you to keep the thread clean and tidy.

On 4/12/2021 at 9:52 PM, Kellhound said:

Lump sum is about $40K. No need for any submissions, I think? Mine is just "renovation" as I've decided not to do anything that requires BCA/URA submission.

There's an earth bonding line item so is that the lightning conductors you're referring to?

Does DB box really take up so much space? I was under the impression that it's just a small box.......

I've planned for 10+ data points for rooms and POE CCTVs

Does induction cooker really need 32A? Hmmm....provisioning for car charger is something to consider.....

Electrician also quoted me $300 each for 5m LED strip with driver which seems rather exorbitant based on what I can find online.

Plumbing is about $21K which includes installation of fittings and laying of new SS pipes throughout the house.

Hi Kellhound I was quoted 53,000 for all plumbing works for an inter-terrace 2.5 storey, with water tank additional 25k . Is this reasonable?

On 7/9/2021 at 9:16 PM, wersingaporeans said:

Hi Kellhound I was quoted 53,000 for all plumbing works for an inter-terrace 2.5 storey, with water tank additional 25k . Is this reasonable?

Without knowing your exact breakdown, it seems high as mine is a 3.5 storey corner terrace? For water tank and pump (includes PUB submission), I was quoted $20K.

• Like 1

Hi,

Can I check if the pricing listed here are reasonable? Is a 2MP cctv from dahua sufficient for viewing purposes? any feedbacks regarding dahua cctv? 

and if anyone can explain what a POE switch is for in layman terms? I tried to Google about it but got confused. And do I need a POE switch at every AP? 

Thanks!!

8BB5F192-0681-4319-B8A1-1F80BDBD0F67.jpeg

53 minutes ago, Mandm said:

Hi,

Can I check if the pricing listed here are reasonable? Is a 2MP cctv from dahua sufficient for viewing purposes? any feedbacks regarding dahua cctv? 

and if anyone can explain what a POE switch is for in layman terms? I tried to Google about it but got confused. And do I need a POE switch at every AP? 

Thanks!!

i'm using dahua 6MP CCTV. 2MP resolution would be very poor. you can pay for 8MP or even 4K resolution CCTVs but they would be much more expensive.

POE means Power Over Ethernet. for conventional CCTVs running on coaxial cables, you will need to supply another 13A socket such that a power brick can be plugged into the power socket to provide power to the CCTV. But for POE devices, the power is drawn through the same Cat 6/7/8 cable from the switch which also provides the power. So basically you just need a single ethernet cable to transmit the power and data. It's much more convenient and you don't have to pull separate set of power cables to provide power to the cameras.

Every POE CCTV camera will need to have a single ethernet cable which is connected back to the DVR which has POE capabilities. 

AP is Access Point for WIFI which is different from CCTV unless you are buying wireless CCTVs which is another topic on its own.

For the quotation, let's just say you are paying for warranty (I hope at least 1 year) and also the labour needed to install the system for you. if you really want to know how much is the equipment cost, you can always search online for the individual equipments listed to find out the pricing.

For me as I can DIY the installations, etc, I basically paid a fraction of what you are quoted. The only things I couldn't DIY is the laying of conduits and cables so this part is done by my electrical subcon as part of the building cost.

Hi @Mandm

You will be paying a very significant marked up portion of installation costs. For example, the Dahua 2MP camera can be found at Lazada for approx. half the price.

Like Snoozee, I'm doing the setup by myself and use my contractor (electrician) to just lay the cables.

For my video intercom system, I bought the Hikvision DS-KIS603-P system for under $300. You can see who's at the door and unlock from your phone. It has card access and can integrate with my Hikvision CCTV /NVR system as well. Available at Lazada or Shopee.

image.png.815b3f606da08a7231e021d215fca6d7.png

• Like 1