Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kellhound

Electrical works quote

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 6/23/2021 at 9:15 PM, snoozee said:

I don’t think anyone will have this button installed just inside near the gate. If any, it should be installed inside the house. Mine came with the button but I didn’t install. I just use my intercom monitor to do the remote unlock

Is this red button same as the “break glass for emergency” box?

Also, I have seen side gates with the intercom panel and a separate panel for PIN/ finger print access- seems to be running two systems. Any intercom panel that also incorporates access control, fingerprint, PIN, card access? Trying to reduce to one panel at the side gate. Closest I found is Hikvision which has intercom, access control plus card reader, but no PIN or fingerprint…

1 hour ago, Topline said:

Is this red button same as the “break glass for emergency” box?

Also, I have seen side gates with the intercom panel and a separate panel for PIN/ finger print access- seems to be running two systems. Any intercom panel that also incorporates access control, fingerprint, PIN, card access? Trying to reduce to one panel at the side gate. Closest I found is Hikvision which has intercom, access control plus card reader, but no PIN or fingerprint…

yes, the button is similar to the break glass box. anyway the break glass box is not for outdoor usage so unless you want to put the box inside another waterproof box else it may cause short circuit when wet.

search on aliexpress. there should be some products which fit your requirements.

I found these products on aliexpress but abit concerned about buying from China direct. Who is going to install and why if I have problems with the unit next time. Strangely it doesn’t seem that the SG retailers sell such stuff. Mostly sell Hikvision and Dahua which is quite limited in range.

the market for these products isn't big in SG. private landed houses number less than 80k. for commercial usage, don't need so much features and functionalities also. either fingerprint/keypad or card/keypad usually will do for commercial applications. 

so if there's no demand of the products, why would anyone bring the products in and risk not being able to sell them? the product that is brought in today might become obsolete in 6 months or 1 year when newer products come out in the market.

unfortunately if you are unable to DIY and self support, then best to find products are are readily available locally rather then getting a fancy system which you may end up needing to pay a premium for someone to help you troubleshoot in future.

Hmmm... I have the problem of gate intercom panel facing direct afternoon sun. No other location to install it. Want to check with you guys:

(1) Many of the gate intercom units seem to be plastic, which i fear will not last. Anyone encountered any problems before?

(2) Also,  face recognition may not work in the glare - so i ruled this out. How about fingerprint scanner and the video lens of the unit - any issue under direct afternoon sun?

On 5/12/2022 at 10:08 PM, snoozee said:

My gate card reader cum intercom has a metal face plate. Facing afternoon sun also. So far so good. 

What model is this and how long have you installed it?

8 hours ago, Topline said:

What model is this and how long have you installed it?

Something from AliExpress 

don’t have all the features you need though. Haha. Installed more than 1 year already and my house is north west facing

On 5/12/2022 at 10:08 PM, snoozee said:

My gate card reader cum intercom has a metal face plate. Facing afternoon sun also. So far so good. 

Curious why you chose a card reader vs PIN. Cards can be duplicated without your knowledge even? I thought PIN might be safer... cos PIN can be changed at your end regularly. You can't reconfigure/ alter the card digitally...

27 minutes ago, Topline said:

Curious why you chose a card reader vs PIN. Cards can be duplicated without your knowledge even? I thought PIN might be safer... cos PIN can be changed at your end regularly. You can't reconfigure/ alter the card digitally...

cards information can also be removed and added. while cards could be duplicated, PIN can also be given away. in any case, even if you change your PIN regularly it's not going to prevent any burglars from scaling a 1.8m high boundary wall/gate/fence.

anyway card access is easier for old folks and kids to let themselves into the house rather than using PIN.

On 6/26/2021 at 10:54 PM, AWS said:

Both model CISA locks, ie with or without the red unlock button are all rain proof. All material inside the cover are either stainless or galvanized alloy.  No issues with rust. As an added protection, I self DIY and applied a coat of marine grease on all metal parts. 
Depending on how you going to electrically link up your lock to an intercom system or just purely a Push To Open button, you will need a power supply of 12VAC with at least 5A to trigger. Hope this helps.

Hi, can I check whether the CISA and VIRO lock allows you to unlock by key from outside the house too? Seems useful to do so but seems like many people is ok to just have key to u lock from inside the house.

5 hours ago, Topline said:

Hi, can I check whether the CISA and VIRO lock allows you to unlock by key from outside the house too? Seems useful to do so but seems like many people is ok to just have key to u lock from inside the house.

Yes, my CISA lock can be unlocked by key from outside

On 6/24/2023 at 8:44 PM, Kellhound said:

On 6/24/2023 at 8:44 PM, Kellhound said:

Thanks. What model is yours? Does it work with Hikvision intercom? Where can I buy it?