Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kellhound

Electrical works quote

1 hour ago, Kellhound said:

Does anyone know of a reliable keyless door lock for an outdoor side gate (next to main gate)?

not recommended to be keyless just in case of power failure. i'm using a video doorbell/intercom which can unlock the side gate via my video monitor from inside the house or using key card/fob from outside. but i still have a physical key in case of power failure. even though my system is hooked up to a UPS, battery will eventually run out after a couple of hours.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
3 hours ago, snoozee said:

not recommended to be keyless just in case of power failure. i'm using a video doorbell/intercom which can unlock the side gate via my video monitor from inside the house or using key card/fob from outside. but i still have a physical key in case of power failure. even though my system is hooked up to a UPS, battery will eventually run out after a couple of hours.

Your side gate is separate from the main gate, right? What video intercom/doorbell system are you using? Is it wired and how has it been coping with sun and rain so far?

30 minutes ago, Kellhound said:

Your side gate is separate from the main gate, right? What video intercom/doorbell system are you using? Is it wired and how has it been coping with sun and rain so far?

Yup. I have separate side gate. System is bought from AliExpress. Wired system. So far holding on quite well in the weather. My doorbell has aluminum face plate and has IP rating as well. 

7 hours ago, Kellhound said:

Does anyone know of a reliable keyless door lock for an outdoor side gate (next to main gate)?

You can try CISA Electric Lock combined with Aiphone WiFi Intercom system.

You can even use the Aiphone App to unlock the electric lock while on 4G data(local or overseas). It’s keyless in the sense that

1. while inside the house, to go out, there is a unlock button on the electric lock to unlock.

2. while outside need to unlock the gate to enter, use the Aiphone App to unlock the gate. If there is a power outage, the electric lock will not open but remain lock (in case burglar trip gate post main breaker) In this situation, you need a key to unlock the lock. 

Edited by AWS

I have both my door and gate installed with that lock model. You can use it for just the door but then you would still need to carry a key with you.

So far so good but fingerprint sensor can be quite finicky. Expect to scan 2-3 times to get into the house, and if may not work if your finger is dirty with grime.

I would still go with it for the convenience of never worrying whether I misplaced my keys and being able to let people into the house remotely via the passcode (eg parents) if necessary.

IIRC I paid 800 or so for installation of both with local warranties. They installed a gate mount and provide a remote control to unlock it.

I Will likely get a trackless bifold gate with integrated people gate. If I want to be able to let someone enter remotely (when I’m not at home), is it possible? What digital lock do I need? 

5 hours ago, Topline said:

I Will likely get a trackless bifold gate with integrated people gate. If I want to be able to let someone enter remotely (when I’m not at home), is it possible? What digital lock do I need? 

The side gate will need to use an electronic lock which can be linked to a controller inside the house. The controller inside the house would then need to be accessible via the internet in order for you to do this remote unlocking. But you need to consider how you can remotely open your main door as well. So might as well get something with keypads instead so your authorized person can just punch the numbers to unlock 

6 hours ago, Topline said:

You probably need an 12V AC electric lock to be link to an intercom system that can trigger the electric lock. The power of the intercom system is usually not powerful enough to trigger the electric lock but it can provide a signal. The signal will then trigger the electric lock which has its own power supply.

The main wooden door can be modified to also fit an electric lock which will in turn link to the intercom system. There are electrical mortise lock in the European market, namely Italy. To do all these, you will have to plan way ahead the wire routing between the intercom and electric locks. 
Alternatively, if you don’t intend to install electric lock for your main door, you can hide and installed in a secured but accessible key holder with number code access. Inside will house your main door key. Once in a while, you can change the code for added safety. 

Edited by AWS

Sounds complex. Is there any system/ brand I should look into for such a set up? In the first place, it is possible to have digital lock in a people gate that is cut out from the main gate?

On 4/14/2021 at 7:55 AM, snoozee said:

for multi storey landed houses, one WIFI router will never be enough to cover all storeys. the best is to have wireless access points for every storey to provide the WIFI coverage. I have one access point for each upper storeys and two in my mezzanine to provide coverage for mezzanine and first storey.

yes, SP wholesale price is way better than all other providers. the only "downside" is because there is no locked-in tariff, it is subjected to market (oil) prices compared to other providers which locks in the price for a fixed number of months.

Just to share my home network set up with PBX, CCTV recorder, WIFI controller/POE switch all housed nicely inside a server rack. might be overkill but I prefer to have all the things housed nicely for easier maintenance.

IMG_7353.jpg

Hi Snoozee, what does a PBX do?

7 hours ago, Topline said:

Sounds complex. Is there any system/ brand I should look into for such a set up? In the first place, it is possible to have digital lock in a people gate that is cut out from the main gate?

As long as you can get your wiring to the gate, it’s not an issue

7 hours ago, Topline said:

Hi Snoozee, what does a PBX do?

PBX stand for Private Branch Exchange. It’s basically a telephone system which allows for many phones to access the main lines to call out. So my main incoming telephone line is plugged to the PBX and all other telephones which are plugged into the PBX can call out. I also use the phones to intercom from one room to another room or I can broadcast to all rooms at one go as my PBX has this functionality. Useful for calling ppl within different floors of the house rather than shouting. 
In short, it is an office telephone system used in my house. 

3 hours ago, snoozee said:

PBX stand for Private Branch Exchange. It’s basically a telephone system which allows for many phones to access the main lines to call out. So my main incoming telephone line is plugged to the PBX and all other telephones which are plugged into the PBX can call out. I also use the phones to intercom from one room to another room or I can broadcast to all rooms at one go as my PBX has this functionality. Useful for calling ppl within different floors of the house rather than shouting. 
In short, it is an office telephone system used in my house. 

Do you need to subscribe for this service?

Also, roughly how much space does your server rack occupy. Would like to see if I can fit something like this into one of my cabinets.

2 hours ago, Topline said:

Do you need to subscribe for this service?

Need to have a normal phone line subscription or plug in the digital phone line also can. But also depends on the model of the PBX system. I’m using a system from Panasonic