Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
David Tan HK

Terrace house A&A or Reconstruction costs

I have bought a 2-storey landed terrace house (land about 1650 sqft) and plan to add a 5m extension at the back, 5m x 6m wide (ground floor and 2nd level), and the extension has an attic floor and new roof. I also plan to change the entire roof, the existing roof is 12m (L) x 6m (wide). Will also need to makeover the house (simple tiles, etc). What is the expected A&A costs or reconstruction cost? Thank you.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

additional GFA of 30sqm x 3 = 90sqm
estimate construction cost of $350 psf will give you about $340K for the 90sqm extra space.

So i guess a budget of about 400K might cover the costs.

best is for you to call some contractors to enquire. with the current situation, costs would have gone up. even if you have money now, may not be able to find a contractor with workers to do your job

14 hours ago, David Tan HK said:

I have bought a 2-storey landed terrace house (land about 1650 sqft) and plan to add a 5m extension at the back, 5m x 6m wide (ground floor and 2nd level), and the extension has an attic floor and new roof. I also plan to change the entire roof, the existing roof is 12m (L) x 6m (wide). Will also need to makeover the house (simple tiles, etc). What is the expected A&A costs or reconstruction cost? Thank you.

You are intending to build essentially 3 stories at the rear extension (1/2/attic) and renovate the entire interior for the rest of the house (new piping/wiling/finishes/bathrooms etc)?

If yes, honestly in today's construction market climate, be prepared to pay minimally 500-600k and above. We just recently conducted a tender for 2 storey extension of rear (total increase only about 20sqm) and completely revamped the entire interior + front facade. Cost was already almost 500k. Prices are really crazy right now, more than 20% increase over pre-Covid times. Only getting worse with the India/Bangladesh/Pakistan/Myanmar situations.

Thank you for all your feedback. I will source for builders to get quotes. If shortage of workers, then may have to move in first and do the A&A/reconstruction later when situation improves.