Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tim_chenie

Tim & Chenie Little Sweet Haven

Yalor the paint stain had been in my living room for quite some time we tried thinner, bleach and CIF also no use. !!

Nw will go IMM and buy Mr McKenic. :P

you have problems with your groutings ?

Sorry to hi-jack tim's thread...:P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
You will even find more defects if u are washing and cleaning ur whole hse again. :D

We still find some minor defects after one month, best is stay in ur hse for more than one month then u will actually spot more defects. !!

Hi Cantona7, :P

Thanks for the tips, will surely make a note of all that defects you found.

Actually we did spotted some defects but given the benefit of doubt that the renovation is not completed yet, they still have time to remedy them. Anyway the Tiler Foreman is not avaliable today to do the installation as he needs to settle some family issues.

Really hope that he can come tommorow and fix everything and proceed with the painting too. :P

Today we get to settle the final drawings of the Kitchen Cabinets.

07 Aug 2007, Tuesday

The Paints, Bathroom W/Cs and Basins were delivered. No signs of our Bedroom Doors yet though. !!

07Aug07_01.jpg07Aug07_02.jpg

We also informed our Contractor to scrape off the Ceiling Debris before proceeding to paint. He said that the sealer was applied first so that all the "impurities" will surface and it's more easily to scrape off.

Informed our contractor about the top corner area of the Kitchen Area that is not plastered yet.

07Aug07_04.jpg07Aug07_05.jpg

Another closer look at the stainless steel piping damaged ceiling area.

Water is still leaking, not sure whether it's from upstairs or the piping. Hope that it will be filled up by tommorow.

07Aug07_03.jpg

That's all for now folks! :~:P

Sorry to hi-jack tim's thread...

Hi ah_kiat, :~

No worries, we are also learning here. :):P

Edited by tim_chenie

Sorry to hi-jack tim's thread...:lol:

My grouting as usually still dirty, more like giving up but I am more concern abt the paint stain on my homo tiles cos is really veri obvious. :D

Wat happen to ur grouting :P

My grouting as usually still dirty, more like giving up but I am more concern abt the paint stain on my homo tiles cos is really veri obvious. :deal:

Wat happen to ur grouting :good:

did you use the 'metal scrub' thingy (i dunno what it call, but it looks like those chef use for cooking tepanyaki :)) to scrub the paint ?

Some area my grouting is black color one loh...see liao quite sianz...some are yellowish... :good:

did you use the 'metal scrub' thingy (i dunno what it call, but it looks like those chef use for cooking tepanyaki :)) to scrub the paint ?

Some area my grouting is black color one loh...see liao quite sianz...some are yellowish... :good:

Hv u check out on SG Brides, I think cheesecake did mention abt her hubby cleaning the grouting. :good:

R u going to ur hse tml morning? Thou of drop by to say Hi. :deal:

Hv u check out on SG Brides, I think cheesecake did mention abt her hubby cleaning the grouting. :dancingqueen:

R u going to ur hse tml morning? Thou of drop by to say Hi. :sport-smiley-004:

yeah...i read b4...they removed all the groutings and regrout....that's too big a project for me...hee...

yeah...we will be around from 9 plus onwards ..will leave by 11am...cos got appt later on...you can sms me when you are coming over just in case i'm not there yet...:)

Hi everyone, :)

There's a lot of progress for today as they manage to install all the bathroom and kitchen accessories and the living room cornice too. The bedroom doors were also delivered too.

Heard from the foreman that our house will be done by Saturday, except for the Kitchen Cabinets. Can't wait for Saturday to come! :dribble:

08 August 2007, Wednesday

The Plate and Cup Holders and Hooks were installed above the Kitchen Basin, together with the two-headed taps.

08Aug07_01.jpg

The Kitchen Bathroom Accessories were installed.

08Aug07_02.jpg08Aug07_03.jpg

Here are the Master Bedroom Bathroom Accessories.

08Aug07_04.jpg

And here are the Cornice in the Living Room.

08Aug07_05.jpg

Tommorow they will be doing the Paint Works and by Friday, they will be installing the Lights, wah la, our Little Sweet Haven will be completed, except the Kitchen Cabinets, which will be installed by 14 August 07, next Tuesday.

That's all for now folks. :):yamseng:

Hello tim_chenie :yamseng:

progress looks good! one thing tho...the kitchen ceiling where there is plastering over it...this one...

07Aug07_04.jpg

have u checked whether itz spalling or above neighbour dun have waterproof? cos hoh...if itz either one later on the plaster will still drop leh...

spalling muz ask contractor to dig out all the affected parts then apply anti-rust chemical to the metal strips inside the ceiling...then replaster...

if above neighbour no waterproof siong...muz share cost with the neighbour above to waterproof his floor...yeah sounds stupid..but this is HDB regulation... :)

anyway juz check with u see u already check anot... :dribble:

Hello tim_chenie :wacko:

progress looks good! one thing tho...the kitchen ceiling where there is plastering over it...this one...

have u checked whether itz spalling or above neighbour dun have waterproof? cos hoh...if itz either one later on the plaster will still drop leh...

spalling muz ask contractor to dig out all the affected parts then apply anti-rust chemical to the metal strips inside the ceiling...then replaster...

if above neighbour no waterproof siong...muz share cost with the neighbour above to waterproof his floor...yeah sounds stupid..but this is HDB regulation... :dunno:

anyway juz check with u see u already check anot... :unsure:

Hi jamez,

Thanks for your concern, :D we had also spotted this issue with the ceiling and asked the opinion of the foreman, whose reply is that the last renovation had used Water-Based Paint for the ceiling, dunno whether it's true or not. :D

He added that if its dripping from upstairs, there will be trails of water marks on the ceiling, which we did not see any. :D

Here's some information on Water-based paint for those who are interested:

Water-based paint is generally more permeable, quicker drying, less durable, and shows streaks more readily than oil-based paint. However, today's water-based paints, especially all-acrylic paints, have improved significantly, and are the most commonly used paints because they are easier to maintain, quicker-drying, and do not require thinning agents for clean-up. They are also generally much lower in volatile organic components (VOCs) than oil-based paints, which means they produce less odor during the painting and drying process.

Here's one link to the HDB website of the likely causes of spalling : Likely causes of Spalling

We went back to our house on the 10th August, Friday and here's some updates:

10th August 2007, Friday

All the walls had been painted and here is the different colour walls from the living room.

10Aug07_01.jpg

:unsure:

Hi jamez,

Thanks for your concern, :) we had also spotted this issue with the ceiling and asked the opinion of the foreman, whose reply is that the last renovation had used Water-Based Paint for the ceiling, dunno whether it's true or not. :P

He added that if its dripping from upstairs, there will be trails of water marks on the ceiling, which we did not see any. :)

Here's some information on Water-based paint for those who are interested:

Water-based paint is generally more permeable, quicker drying, less durable, and shows streaks more readily than oil-based paint. However, today's water-based paints, especially all-acrylic paints, have improved significantly, and are the most commonly used paints because they are easier to maintain, quicker-drying, and do not require thinning agents for clean-up. They are also generally much lower in volatile organic components (VOCs) than oil-based paints, which means they produce less odor during the painting and drying process.

Here's one link to the HDB website of the likely causes of spalling : Likely causes of Spalling

We went back to our house on the 10th August, Friday and here's some updates:

10th August 2007, Friday

All the walls had been painted and here is the different colour walls from the living room.

:furious:

hi tim_chenie,

good to know u also did ur homework! :curse: then can rest assure later on minimize all the problem that may come...my house also got this problem...HDB officer came and saw say itz spalling..but contractor/ID say maybe itz leaking at masterbedroom toilet... :bangwall: now monitoring situation hopefully bo tai chi... :(

So howz ur reno progress bro? :(

Edited by jamez

hi tim_chenie,

good to know u also did ur homework! :D then can rest assure later on minimize all the problem that may come...my house also got this problem...HDB officer came and saw say itz spalling..but contractor/ID say maybe itz leaking at masterbedroom toilet... :bangwall: now monitoring situation hopefully bo tai chi... :dancingqueen:

So howz ur reno progress bro? :)

Hi jamez, :)

Most of the renovation items are done, except for the Kitchen Cabinets and minor defects (such as painting) were not done yet.

Today, we are going to do a minor clean-up of our house, so the "Brothers" won't mistake it for a empty house. :P

Heard that they had done the chemical washing, but the house is still dusty. :(

Here are some photos of our lights to share:

Living Room Ceiling Lights and Fan, with the warm light Wall Lights. :)

11Aug07_Lights01.jpg11Aug07_Lights02.jpg

Bedrooms Ceiling Lights and the warm light Ice Cube Wall Lights in the Master Bedroom. :)

11Aug07_Lights03.jpg11Aug07_Lights04.jpg

Kitchen Drop Lights for our Dining Area. :)

11Aug07_Lights05.jpg

That's all for now folks. Off to clean our house. ;) Have a Good Sunday! :D

:)

so envious to see all of you completing renovation when i've just started mine :jawdrop:

think the cleaning will be back-breaking coz the dust is so fine that you sweep they just fly to the other side of the room :jawdrop:

can't wait to see the kitchen cabinets pix :jawdrop:

Hi jamez, :)

Most of the renovation items are done, except for the Kitchen Cabinets and minor defects (such as painting) were not done yet.

Today, we are going to do a minor clean-up of our house, so the "Brothers" won't mistake it for a empty house. :P

Heard that they had done the chemical washing, but the house is still dusty. :(

Here are some photos of our lights to share:

That's all for now folks. Off to clean our house. ;) Have a Good Sunday! :D

:yamseng:

Hi tim_chenie...

wah all done up liao :dancingqueen: ...so still proceeding to move in on 16/08/2007?

Notice that our taste of ceiling lights are quite similar eh? :notti:

:yamseng:

so envious to see all of you completing renovation when i've just started mine :P

think the cleaning will be back-breaking coz the dust is so fine that you sweep they just fly to the other side of the room :bangwall:

can't wait to see the kitchen cabinets pix :dribble:

hello applefreak...

when ur doing ur reno be sure to post LOTZ of pics haha...then ALL the rest who finished thier reno will anxiously look at urs... :notti: