Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tim_chenie

Tim & Chenie Little Sweet Haven

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi why dun you change ur washing machine position cos cannot directly face the cooker in FS term.
Hi mitoev91, :)

Yeah, never think of that actually, thanks for the advice. :)

We did a little Googling the found people having this issue too, and one of the solution is to cover the washing machine when not in use, dunno will work anot? :P

Here's some link for those interested to read up on:

Stove Vs Fridge

Is Your Fridge by Your Stove?

Feng Shui Kitchen Makeover

Congrats on living in ur new house liao!
Hi eR1c, :)

Our official moving in date is 25th August 2007, Saturday, so not really living in our new house yet, though we are really excited to do so. :unsure:

Hello Tim_chenie...

ur kitchen laminate colour is very...soothing..cun find the word...see already make me feel very comfortable tio liao lah haha...and wah..alot of cabinet space hoh...can keep alot of stuff and make the kitchen clutter free good.gif

my reno ah...now waiting for the tinted glass and mirror at dining area to be up loh...90% lah...i spot alot of small small defect liao... sport-smiley-004.gif so percentage drop abit...

Bro got some tip to share with u...dat day when the delivery guy delivered my dining table..he intro me to thsi thing called Turtle Wax. Turtle Wax is actually used for polishing car wan. He told me actually any shiny surface also can use...like kitchen basin...tiles area...glossy glossy stuff...he say juz rub some of the Turtle Wax on the surface then wait for awhile...then wipe of the powdery residue (like polish car like dat) and ur stuff will shine...plus there will be a protection layer...water will slide of the surface so therez no stain marks(kitchen basin)...considering Turtle Wax's use for polishing cars...it sounds pretty logical. So i went to check out the website..and this is what i found...

http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,4,14

Cleans all painted metal, chrome and porcelain surfaces.

So actually can convert to home use loh...the guy say veli cheap...one small tub like $6++ can buy from Shell station...wanna try? or wanna wait for me to try? sport-smiley-004.gif

Hi jamez, :)

Thanks for your compliments on our Kitchen Cabinets, all the effort and designs came from my fashion-savy wife. :D

Just visited your Reno T-Blog, and saw your tinted glass and mirror already installed, really awesome! :good: Wow, look so modern and slick! ;)

Thanks for the tip bro, we did saw some Turtle Wax products but did not see the one you recommended, maybe will try to look for it when we are free after moving into our new house. Bought the Easy Off Bang solution, but had not tried it out yet. :P

19 August 2007, Sunday:

We went to our house and paint one of our Master Bedroom Wall with 1 Litre Nippon Odourless Paint CopperTone.

Spent almost 5 hours to perfect the painting, 1 hour washing the Kitchen, then spend another 2 hours filling in the groove in our Living Room Floor Tiles. :o

By the tine we are done, its already 9pm. So tiring, zz but so rewarding, doing something ourselves in our new home. :)

:yamseng:

Edited by tim_chenie

Hi mitoev91, :)

Yeah, never think of that actually, thanks for the advice. :)

We did a little Googling the found people having this issue too, and one of the solution is to cover the washing machine when not in use, dunno will work anot?

Here's some link for those interested to read up on:

Stove Vs Fridge

Is Your Fridge by Your Stove?

Feng Shui Kitchen Makeover

Hi eR1c, :)

Our official moving in date is 25th August 2007, Saturday, so not really living in our new house yet, though we are really excited to do so. :unsure:

Thanks for your compliments on our Kitchen Cabinets, all the effort and designs came from my fashion-savy wife. :)

Just visited your Reno T-Blog, and saw your tinted glass and mirror already installed, really awesome! :P Wow, look so modern and slick! :)

Thanks for the tip bro, we did saw some Turtle Wax products but did not see the one you recommended, maybe will try to look for it when we are free after moving into our new house. Bought the Easy Off Bang solution, but had not tried it out yet. :)

19 August 2007, Sunday:

We went to our house and paint one of our Master Bedroom Wall with 1 Litre Nippon Odourless Paint CopperTone.

Spent almost 5 hours to perfect the painting, 1 hour washing the Kitchen, then spend another 2 hours filling in the groove in our Living Room Floor Tiles. :)

By the tine we are done, its already 9pm. So tiring, :) but so rewarding, doing something ourselves in our new home. :)

:D

hello tim_chenie..

thanx for ur compliments...and no prob at all when comes to sharing good stuff ard here :)

i saw the easy off bang yesterday...but never buy...i bought Pledge for cleaning of the laminated areas...quite expensive ($6+ for a can i think) :o ...only bought it cos friend recommended...i sprayed some on a cloth and wipe the wardrobes and feature wall. It leaves a lil bit of oily oily thing on the surfaces and made it look shiny...after a while it does not feel oily but feels smooth...think it leaves a protection layer also..later on got dust easy to clean off...gonna try it more nex week see how...dunno will leave hand prints anot... :P

Wah u did many things 2day hoh... zz how did u fill the grooves? cos there r some area i wanna fill myself also...use wat huh? :yamseng:

My wife and i cleaned up the floors abit today..tiring also... but like u feel happy doing it... :good:

;)

Edited by jamez

is the position of the fridge for fengshui purpose? cos seldom ppl will place it in the middle. Usually will be at the kitchen entrance rite?
Hi predaking, :)

The fridge is placed there as we are concenred about the narrow passageway into the Kitchen and my wife wants a shorter distance from the Fridge to the Kitchen Basin. :)

Kinda unconventinal cos like you had mentioned, most of the households placed their fridge near the Kitchen Entrance.

We are also concerned with the heat from the hob so requested for a Wood Partition in between.

16Aug07_04.jpg

Haha.

Ya.. long time din come into renotalk liao..

Oh.. my kitchen beri small cos half of it is gone into the dining area

Nah.. the small kitchen

pict0083aft1.jpg

Bt congrats in the completion of the whole house.. keke..

Hi xiaomumu, :)

Long time no see you, what's keeping you busy? :)

Our Kitchen is also beri small, with the Storeroom occupying part of the Kitchen area.

Just curious, is your Washing Machine behind the Kitchen Basin? If yes, then won't it block the Rubbish Chute?

Thanks for the congrats xiaomumu, will post more photos once everything is in place. :notti:

hello tim_chenie..

thanx for ur compliments...and no prob at all when comes to sharing good stuff ard here smile.gif

i saw the easy off bang yesterday...but never buy...i bought Pledge for cleaning of the laminated areas...quite expensive ($6+ for a can i think) bleah.gif ...only bought it cos friend recommended...i sprayed some on a cloth and wipe the wardrobes and feature wall. It leaves a lil bit of oily oily thing on the surfaces and made it look shiny...after a while it does not feel oily but feels smooth...think it leaves a protection layer also..later on got dust easy to clean off...gonna try it more nex week see how...dunno will leave hand prints anot... bleah.gif

Wah u did many things 2day hoh... good.gif how did u fill the grooves? cos there r some area i wanna fill myself also...use wat huh? sport-smiley-004.gif

My wife and i cleaned up the floors abit today..tiring also... but like u feel happy doing it...

We got Pledge too, mostly use it for wood and leather furniture. So have you try out the Turtle Wax yet? How's the result?

Yeah bought alot of things just for painting one wall, :P but will need it sooner or later, so might as well buy it now. :) We got white cement at $2 for filling the grooves, but must warn you bro, it will be a long and tiring process, after finish, the tiles will be dusty again due to the cement residue dried on the side of the grooves. :P Advice you to get one whole day to do it. :)

The white cement to fill the floor tiles grooves.

21Aug07_04.jpg

Our one day effort to paint the Master Bedroom Wall with CopperTone Nippon Odourless Paint.

21Aug07_01.jpg21Aug07_02.jpg

That's the update for now folks! :)

:)

Hi predaking, :unsure:

The fridge is placed there as we are concenred about the narrow passageway into the Kitchen and my wife wants a shorter distance from the Fridge to the Kitchen Basin. :notti:

Kinda unconventinal cos like you had mentioned, most of the households placed their fridge near the Kitchen Entrance.

We are also concerned with the heat from the hob so requested for a Wood Partition in between.

16Aug07_04.jpg

Hi xiaomumu, :notti:

Long time no see you, what's keeping you busy? :deal:

Our Kitchen is also beri small, with the Storeroom occupying part of the Kitchen area.

Just curious, is your Washing Machine behind the Kitchen Basin? If yes, then won't it block the Rubbish Chute?

Thanks for the congrats xiaomumu, will post more photos once everything is in place. !!

Hi jamez, :notti:

We got Pledge too, mostly use it for wood and leather furniture. So have you try out the Turtle Wax yet? How's the result?

Yeah bought alot of things just for painting one wall, !! but will need it sooner or later, so might as well buy it now. :notti: We got white cement at $2 for filling the grooves, but must warn you bro, it will be a long and tiring process, after finish, the tiles will be dusty again due to the cement residue dried on the side of the grooves. :yamseng: Advice you to get one whole day to do it. 8|

That's the update for now folks! !!

:notti:

Hello tim_chenie...

I have not tried the Turtle Wax yet leh...maybe some time nex week like dat...cos now ID gonna arrange for some geral cleaning and rectification works...so maybe nex week when handover liao i go and buy then slowly try... :notti: will let u know in due time bro! :good:

coppertone is such a nice colour...:)

can lah...spend one whole day doing up ur hse...wat can be more fulfilling? :dunno:

Edited by jamez

Hi predaking, :)

The fridge is placed there as we are concenred about the narrow passageway into the Kitchen and my wife wants a shorter distance from the Fridge to the Kitchen Basin. :)

16Aug07_04.jpg

Hi xiaomumu, :)

Long time no see you, what's keeping you busy? :jawdrop:

Thanks for the congrats xiaomumu, will post more photos once everything is in place. :yamseng:

Yeah bought alot of things just for painting one wall, :P but will need it sooner or later, so might as well buy it now. :) We got white cement at $2 for filling the grooves, but must warn you bro, it will be a long and tiring process, after finish, the tiles will be dusty again due to the cement residue dried on the side of the grooves. :P Advice you to get one whole day to do it. :)

21Aug07_04.jpg

Our one day effort to paint the Master Bedroom Wall with CopperTone Nippon Odourless Paint.

21Aug07_01.jpg21Aug07_02.jpg

That's the update for now folks! :(

:sport-smiley-004:

You got a very nice color for your MBR!

very unqiue!

Hello tim_chenie...

I have not tried the Turtle Wax yet leh...maybe some time nex week like dat...cos now ID gonna arrange for some geral cleaning and rectification works...so maybe nex week when handover liao i go and buy then slowly try... :jawdrop: will let u know in due time bro! :good:

coppertone is such a nice colour...:wub:

can lah...spend one whole day doing up ur hse...wat can be more fulfilling? :(

Hi jamez, :wub:

Just visited your Reno T-Blog, your house looks really nice and modern, just like the initial 3D images, CONGRATS to you bro! :(:notti: So when are you going to move in? Got a date already?

Yeah, spending one whole day doing our house is really fulfilling, not forgetting very tiring too. :notti:

After we moved into our new home, we spent the weekends doing another thorough cleaning, also trying to sort out the boxes we just moved. Til now, still had not manage to arrange all the things yet. Maybe will take us another week or so. :good:

You got a very nice color for your MBR!

very unqiue!

Hi *magmag*, :)

Thanks for your compliments, my lovely wife is the colour coordinate for our house, she will be so happy to hear that. :dribble:

Apologies for not updating the blog for so long as we are still in the midst of unpacking our things and cleaning our new home, hence not much time to spend online.

Here's some photos of our new Bed and TV Console:

24 August 2007, Friday

Our new Bed has finally arrived in our Master Bedroom. :bleah:

24Aug07_01.jpg24Aug07_02.jpg24Aug07_03.jpg

Here's our TV Console, without the TV yet. :good:

24Aug07_04.jpg24Aug07_05.jpg

That's all for now folks, enjoy your evening. :)

:bow:

Edited by tim_chenie

Hi everyone, :dribble:

We are back with another set of photos taken on the every night we moved to our new home.

25 August 2007, Saturday (Grand Opening Of Our New Home :good:)

Here's our Living Room, the TV Console with the TV, and the Living Room Set with a Stand Fan box at the corner. :bleah:

25Aug07_01.jpg

Here's our Master Bed with the Classy Comforter, really warm and cosy. :(

25Aug07_02.jpg

Here's our Guest Room and Study Room with all the unpacked things. :(

25Aug07_04.jpg25Aug07_03.jpg

Last but not least, our Kitchen Dining Table, with the Warm Dining Lights on. :notti:

25Aug07_05.jpg

That's all for now, maybe will post more photos after we tidied up our home. :bow:

:jawdrop:

Edited by tim_chenie

Just visited your Reno T-Blog, your house looks really nice and modern, just like the initial 3D images, CONGRATS to you bro! :good:;) So when are you going to move in? Got a date already?

Yeah, spending one whole day doing our house is really fulfilling, not forgetting very tiring too. :P

After we moved into our new home, we spent the weekends doing another thorough cleaning, also trying to sort out the boxes we just moved. Til now, still had not manage to arrange all the things yet. Maybe will take us another week or so. :P

Hi *magmag*, :)

Thanks for your compliments, my lovely wife is the colour coordinate for our house, she will be so happy to hear that. :D

Apologies for not updating the blog for so long as we are still in the midst of unpacking our things and cleaning our new home, hence not much time to spend online.

Here's some photos of our new Bed and TV Console:

24 August 2007, Friday

Our new Bed has finally arrived in our Master Bedroom. :D

[Here's our TV Console, without the TV yet. :P

That's all for now folks, enjoy your evening. :)

:bangwall:

Hello tim_chenie...

Thanx for ur compliments dude! :yamseng:

Now im in the process of cleaning up the place with my wife also haha...shiong man... :P in the process of cleaning see some defects here and there so also asking ID to touch up here and there...

Still dunno when to move in yet leh...still got alot of stuff haven buy yet...and i still have not explored the list of shops u provided me..haiz~ :sport-smiley-004:

Ur master bedroom colours very warm and cosy...swee! :good: living room white white clean clean...must put in hard work to maintain the shine dude! have u considered placing ur 2 seater sofa /armchair in front of the TV and the 2 seperate armchairs vice versa? like dat u and ur wife can get cosy while watching Tv... :sport-smiley-004:

hello tim_chenie..

long time neber see u online liao...move in for quite some time liao hoh? howz everything?

juz to let u know i've tried the turtle wax liao...dun bother to buy it...there are cheaper alternatives to achieve the same shine is all i can say... :bleah:

Hi everyone, :)

We are back with another set of photos taken on the every night we moved to our new home.

25 August 2007, Saturday (Grand Opening Of Our New Home :D)

Here's our Living Room, the TV Console with the TV, and the Living Room Set with a Stand Fan box at the corner. :)

25Aug07_01.jpg

Here's our Master Bed with the Classy Comforter, really warm and cosy. :P

25Aug07_02.jpg

Here's our Guest Room and Study Room with all the unpacked things. 8|

25Aug07_04.jpg25Aug07_03.jpg

Last but not least, our Kitchen Dining Table, with the Warm Dining Lights on. :)

25Aug07_05.jpg

That's all for now, maybe will post more photos after we tidied up our home. :fire:

:jawdrop:

Regard to ur furnitures maintenance u may wan to check with uncle Mace. :D

yup yup looks like another rosewood lover
Hi applefreak, :)

Yeah, you can say we are kinda rosewood lover, you too? Seen a lot of antique furnitures in your T-blog.

Regard to ur furnitures maintenance u may wan to check with uncle Mace. thumbsup.gif
Hi Cantona7, :)

Thanks for the information, we surely consult uncle Mace to maintain our furnitures.

hello tim_chenie..

long time neber see u online liao...move in for quite some time liao hoh? howz everything?

juz to let u know i've tried the turtle wax liao...dun bother to buy it...there are cheaper alternatives to achieve the same shine is all i can say... yamseng.gif

Yeah, long time never log in liao, too busy to sort out the things we moved, still in the midst of putting things in their place. :P

Defects also appeared during these few weeks of stay in our new home. :(

First of all, the Master Bedroom Bathroom was leaking water to our downstairs neighbour. The foreman came down one week ago to check and do some amendments but the water still leaking and seems to get worse from what we heard from our neighbour. He had to used buckets to collect the water, can you imagine that? :(

So 08 Sept 2007, last Saturday, we called the foreman again to rectify the problem and he said he will be coming down on Saturday. We waited till 1pm when his worker came. We were not confident of his workmanship and thought the foreman should come down personally. We called him and he said he was in the meeting and his worker is good enough to settle the problem. We asked him if this time will resolve the problem once and for all, he said he is not sure, thus will not want to place back the floor tiles. :bleah: Can you imagine empty slots at your Master Bedroom Bathroom? :curse: In the first place, if he had done a good job, this situation will not happen at all, right?

The worker proceed to rectify the problem, which requires to remove 5 floor tiles and the concrete and waterproofing beneath. The whole house was filled with dust from cutting and removing the floor tiles. It took the worker 2 hours to finish his work and he actually placed back the floor tiles, which we did not know if he had consulted the foreman. When we asked if it will rectify the problem, he said he is not sure, but request ask not to use the bathroom for 2 days to let the cement and waterproofing to dry. Can you imagine having your own bathroom and not able to use it, for 2 days had to go Common Bathroom to wash up and brush teeth? :bleah:

Yesterday, my wife spent the whole afternoon washing the Master Bedroom Bathroom and the cement residue left on the tiles during the rectification was not able to remove. My wife was SO ANGRY! :bleah: Never seen her that furious before. :(

That's not all, the Kitchen Bathroom Heater and Storeroom Lights were not working, so we ask the electrician to come rectify. We found out that the Kitchen Bathroom Heater was faulty when we are asked not to use the Master Bedroom Bathroom, and when the electrician came and check, it was revealed that the LIVE wire was connected wrongly. :jawdrop: The electrician said if the container within the Heater was metal, the heater would have burst into flame the moment we used it. And guess whose work is that? IT'S THE FOREMAN! :furious:

As for the Storeroom Lights, we are using the old lights left behind by the previous owner, that is still working when they removed it. But when they reinstalled it back, it was not working. At first we suspected the lamp and starter are the cause, so we changed it still doesn't work. Then we called the contractor and request the electrician to come down and check, and the contractor wants us to supply the ballast and wiring, the thing is the lamp is working perfectly fine before it is removed, so why it is us to pay for these faults? :unsure: We talked to the contractor and he was kind enough to provide us the ballast. :)

Think this is the LONGEST T-Blog we wrote so far, too bad its all about defects and complaints. :furious:

Hopefully everything will be fine after these. Wish us good luck! :D