Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tim_chenie

Tim & Chenie Little Sweet Haven

Hi everyone,

Haiz, :thumbs up: just found another defect yesterday (11 Sept 07) evening, when the a bunch of keys drop on a tile near the main door and the sound is "TOK" rather than "PAK".

We used a pole and knock on the tile and turns out that half the tile is HOLLOW. :P In first place, we wanna relaid all the floor tiles is because the tiles are hollow and now after relaying, some of the tiles (we manage to knock a few areas) are still HOLLOW.

Gonna SMS our contractor and see what he says about that. :jawdrop:

Anyone has the same experience as us? Care to share?

:dancingqueen:

Edited by tim_chenie

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi everyone,

Haiz, :( just found another defect yesterday (11 Sept 07) evening, when the a bunch of keys drop on a tile near the main door and the sound is "TOK" rather than "PAK".

We used a pole and knock on the tile and turns out that half the tile is HOLLOW. :~ In first place, we wanna relaid all the floor tiles is because the tiles are hollow and now after relaying, some of the tiles (we manage to knock a few areas) are still HOLLOW.

Gonna SMS our contractor and see what he says about that. :P

:unsure:

Yo Bro sad to hear the mishap from u. :)

Have u paid all the balance to ur Foreman yet if nt maybe u can hold back the payment until all the defects had been settle.

Err... may I ask u whether u overlay the existing tile or hack away the old one and relay with the new tiles? :deal:

Hi Tim,

We oso found a hollow tile during 1st stage inspection when my hubby wore his heavy duty shoes to walk ard the whole hse. My hse is new hse, so the tiles are newly layed on wan. Dunno isit becuz they dint use enuff sand or isit becuz during laying stage, me n BrownMse always go see see n step on the tiles (b4 they dry fully) :)

They can hack away the affected tile n relay wan. For my case, they did that but the partial tile near skirting (hollow) oso, we dint do anythhg becuz wld affect skirting...

Can understand how u feel, veli sad when find the defects rite? :bangwall:

Cheerups, hunt dwn ur contractor to rectify bah...

Hi everyone,

Haiz, :( just found another defect yesterday (11 Sept 07) evening, when the a bunch of keys drop on a tile near the main door and the sound is "TOK" rather than "PAK".

We used a pole and knock on the tile and turns out that half the tile is HOLLOW. :dunno: In first place, we wanna relaid all the floor tiles is because the tiles are hollow and now after relaying, some of the tiles (we manage to knock a few areas) are still HOLLOW.

Gonna SMS our contractor and see what he says about that. :(

:(

hello tim_chenie...

wah so many things happened! get the contractor to check and rectify! if i were u i'll also be **** unhappy loh...but tell ur wife dun be SO angry and spoil the mood the whole day...have some patience and see wat happens nex... :(