Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
greeeen

Roof Terrace Awning Too Hot

I have got a Polycarbonate awning that gets super hot during the day, making it impossible to do anything under it for more than 5 minutes.
The translucent-plastic-cardboard-looking construction traps heat and at the same time allow a heat from the sun inside.

I am testing out a solar reflective paint HeatAX on one half first. Seems too help a lot.

Any other ideas other than replacing the Awning?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Guys,

Any recommendations on what material to use for shelter on roof terrace then? My top priority would be heat insulation and then durability. I know for a fact that no material is heat insulated but would want to tap on the expertise here for a material that is the best in reflecting heat away, thus making the shelter for human use instead of a suana.

Thanks in advance

55 minutes ago, btzk said:

Hi Guys,

Any recommendations on what material to use for shelter on roof terrace then? My top priority would be heat insulation and then durability. I know for a fact that no material is heat insulated but would want to tap on the expertise here for a material that is the best in reflecting heat away, thus making the shelter for human use instead of a suana.

Thanks in advance

i'm using sheet metal roof with rockwool insulation, etc. basically same set up as my main roof. no heat issues even with full afternoon sun.

basically if your set up does not have insulation materials, you will be faced with the heat passing through the roofing material. So glass roofs, polycarbonate roofs, etc will just transmit the heat through.

Replacement roof not an option for us now.

Painting it with a coat of solar reflective paint seems to help, the effect is equivalent to those rock wool insulation. Now can chill under the awning during weekends no problem.

At the same time I save cost by just coating it on my own. 

Anyone with polycarbonate roof may consider this option.