Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rebtang

Has Anyone Tried Changing/mixing Different Brands Of Milk Powder?

Hi rebtang,

Yes, the childcare environment is good, because children learn by copying...so monkey see monkey do...when they see their friends eating, they'll follow suit. Don't worry, your son will improve over time! At home, does your son eat together with the rest of the family at the dining table or do you feed him alone? I realise that my son eat better when we sit together and eat at the dining table. Similar to childcare setting.

For fresh milk, you may like to warm it before giving to him, if the coldness is a concern :)

Like you, I also wake up during nights to feed him when he was refusing milk. Even up till now, when he has nightmares (which occurs pretty frequently), he'll request for milk, and I'll make for him. But I'm trying to reduce it now...cos I think it's timely for a 3yo boy to stop night feeding.

sigh...all the things we are willing to do for our children ;)

Hi dizzy,

Hmmm actually the days when i cook, me and the boy will eat together at the coffee table cos low enuf for him. My hubby will eat later cos he alwys work late

When we r out dining, this boy ah…most of the time wana pou pou. If he is in good mood, he'll sit on the chair. He doesn't like sitting on high chair. Sooo our dining out experience is a nightmare. Also, he likes to self feed but he's v clumsy. End up...he use his hand to put the noodle etc in his mouth...he won't let us put the noodle in his spoon. In fact he dun let ppl touch his food

Warm the fresh milk...heee good idea! thks

Haha u oso wake up at nite...we got plenty in common leh!! My son oso always nightmare leh!! Every nite he'll cry suddenly calling daddy, mummy then nan nan...after he drink, he fall asleep. there were occasions when he woke up twice n i had to feed him twice. Yah i oso feel like wana stop soon...otherwise will continue til duno when

yah we sacrifice sooo much ho! sometimes really feel the strain

wonder how ppl with > 1 kid cope?

Edited by rebtang

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

heee homeowner...how did u cope with 2 kids?? my one gimme headache day n night everyday...he doesnt listen to me, alwys wan thgs his way n wil not accept it if i refuse him...alwys throw tantrums...i kip scold n beat oso no use...even more rebellious. i use soft approach oso he dun listen...duno wht to do

Actually, two is not necessarily more difficult all the time. For example, you get a break when they play with each other sometimes whereas the only child will want you to play with him all the time. It's also easier to feed 'cos there is competition.

But, it is more difficult to coach even one when you have two 'cos the younger one wants attention too. And, because the younger one has less attention from adults ('cos more time spent playing with his brother), his mental development/ knowledge is not as advanced as the elder one (who spent more time with adults).

But, we are lucky in the sense that the elder was very obedient. Think we would have a more difficult time if the younger were the elder one. :dancingqueen: Both also don't have nightmares.

But, regardless of the numbers, it is very siong when children get sick. I think HFMD and chicken pox are very siong 'cos they get itchy and pus all over. Sigh...must remember to bring the younger one for chicken pox vaccination soon.

For discipline, I do threaten and smack. Sometimes, I follow Super Nanny's advice (See program on Arts Central, 10 pm, I think) - squat down to the child's level, look at him in the eye gripping firmly at the upper arms and say in a low stern voice "Stop XXXX now". But, smacking is something that you can't do very often 'cos it loses its significance and effect... Smacking also breeds insecurity. You'll have to balance it with explanation and other acts of love (when he is not naughty). Generally, I find that if the child gets his way 50% of the time, he'll let you have your way 50% of the time. So, sometimes it pays to make him happy. E.g. if you bring him to the playground or buy him something he likes like ice-cream, when he gets home he's more eager to please you. :drunk:

BTW, it helps also if you don't reward bad behaviours. E.g. child wants something and throws a bad tantrum, never never give in. Just tell him that he is misbehaving and such misbehaviours definitely do not deserve that something he wants. If he learns that tantrums gets him his way, he'll be throwing tantrums all the time to get his way.

Do take care, rebtang...it must be really tough for you now.

Edited by Homeowner

Actually, two is not necessarily more difficult all the time. For example, you get a break when they play with each other sometimes whereas the only child will want you to play with him all the time. It's also easier to feed 'cos there is competition.

But, it is more difficult to coach even one when you have two 'cos the younger one wants attention too. And, because the younger one has less attention from adults ('cos more time spent playing with his brother), his mental development/ knowledge is not as advanced as the elder one (who spent more time with adults).

But, we are lucky in the sense that the elder was very obedient. Think we would have a more difficult time if the younger were the elder one. :D Both also don't have nightmares.

But, regardless of the numbers, it is very siong when children get sick. I think HFMD and chicken pox are very siong 'cos they get itchy and pus all over. Sigh...must remember to bring the younger one for chicken pox vaccination soon.

For discipline, I do threaten and smack. Sometimes, I follow Super Nanny's advice (See program on Arts Central, 10 pm, I think) - squat down to the child's level, look at him in the eye gripping firmly at the upper arms and say in a low stern voice "Stop XXXX now". But, smacking is something that you can't do very often 'cos it loses its significance and effect... Smacking also breeds insecurity. You'll have to balance it with explanation and other acts of love (when he is not naughty). Generally, I find that if the child gets his way 50% of the time, he'll let you have your way 50% of the time. So, sometimes it pays to make him happy. E.g. if you bring him to the playground or buy him something he likes like ice-cream, when he gets home he's more eager to please you. :rofl:

BTW, it helps also if you don't reward bad behaviours. E.g. child wants something and throws a bad tantrum, never never give in. Just tell him that he is misbehaving and such misbehaviours definitely do not deserve that something he wants. If he learns that tantrums gets him his way, he'll be throwing tantrums all the time to get his way.

Do take care, rebtang...it must be really tough for you now.

oh ic. hehe goodlah yr 1st one so obedient

aiyo u r right! tis HFMD is v terrible. nowonder my son even more deh bao now...when i move my hands oso i feel the pain liao. so sickening...touch anythg even more painful

thks...i jus hope we both dun get worse

sighhh the tantrums ah...i tried telling him but really no use leh. end up both of us frustrated. yah i oso learned that smack n scold all the time doesnt bring much effect. in fact, he boycott whoever scold him!! adui...tis kid really v stubborn leh. after the smack n scold session...hv to sayang him back some more...then only he relent :notti:

sighhh...duno how to handle kids :blink:

Try watching the Super Nanny program :dunno: Maybe it might help. :unsure: But, dunno which day...most likely Thursday, I think...it used to be on Thursday.

Hi rebtang,

I think that if ur son dont like the changing of the milk... change back to the one he use to drink...

at least this wont stop him from drinking milk...

ya hear that pediasure is good... my friend's son is drinking this... as he also most of the thing he dont like/want to eat... therefore his mum give him drink pediasure...

my son use to drink gain IQ... then when he turn 3... i change to Grow... but i was like after finish gorw i buy back gain... end up after 3 - 4 tin of Grow... my son say he only want to drink gain... therefore i back back gain... since he say he want to drink gain only... (gain can drink until 7 yrs old...)

as for food... eg. maybe u can bring him to supermarket and let him choose the food/fruit he like

then let him know... what he has choose u will cook for him to eat and he must eat it...

get him involve with the cutting fruit... maybe like ask him to wash the fruit and u cut the fruit and u all eat together...

cheers

why dont let ur kid hv chicken pox? why need injection?

having injection donesnt mean the kid will nvr get chicken...

i'm great that my son got chicken at the age of 2... his childcare's friend past it to him... and he dont seem to be that uneasy... he had fever for the 1st two - three days... but he still can play up and down... still very active when he got chicken pox... and also when they got it young is better than when they get it old... the worst is when they got it when they r in pri or sec sch... abt two weeks mc... how to cope with the two weeks sch work?

sorry that is my point of view only...

as at that time when my son can take the chicken pox injection...

i was thinking up and down should i get it done for my son... after talking to a few of my colleauges... they all also nvr let their kid to take this injection... all say let them have the chicken pox out is better...

therefore i also nvr give my son take lor...

ya... thks... =)

as for kid weight.. i think no worry to much...

my DS also very active... also after 1 yr old... his weight is the same until abt 3 yrs old... his wight was like 11 - 12 kg... he sometime dont eat much things also... only drink milk... as long as they still drink milk... then dont worry too much... they will soon pick up food slowly one... my DS also... after he go CCC he then slowly eat this and that...

if not no matter i ask him to eat and try... he will say NO...

and after 3yrs old... he start to eat alots... at sch eat liao... come home still can eat... after food still ask for milk... i faint... hahaha...

While in many cases, chicken pox seems like a mild infection, it can potentially lead to some very serious complications. In the US, some 100 people die from chicken pox infection every year and infants have a higher risk of death than young children. Having chicken pox vaccination also reduces the potential spread of the disease i.e. it's not just about preventing your child from developing chicken pox, but also preventing other children from catching it. Also, while chicken pox vaccination does not necessarily offer total immunity from the disease, its been documented that should vaccinated children develop them in their later life, the symptoms are usually not that severe.

P.S. My daughter just turned 1. After weighing all the pros and cons, I decided to have her vaccinated against chicken pox.

Edited by ARCHer

Hi rebtang,

I think that if ur son dont like the changing of the milk... change back to the one he use to drink...

at least this wont stop him from drinking milk...

ya hear that pediasure is good... my friend's son is drinking this... as he also most of the thing he dont like/want to eat... therefore his mum give him drink pediasure...

my son use to drink gain IQ... then when he turn 3... i change to Grow... but i was like after finish gorw i buy back gain... end up after 3 - 4 tin of Grow... my son say he only want to drink gain... therefore i back back gain... since he say he want to drink gain only... (gain can drink until 7 yrs old...)

as for food... eg. maybe u can bring him to supermarket and let him choose the food/fruit he like

then let him know... what he has choose u will cook for him to eat and he must eat it...

get him involve with the cutting fruit... maybe like ask him to wash the fruit and u cut the fruit and u all eat together...

cheers

hi little blue bear!

U cant imagine the DISASTER we experienced as a result of changing the milk powder brand. now my son totally dun wan milk powder!! Now we got sooo many milk powder cans opened...normal plain dumex (luckily almost finishing), choc dumex, enfa and isomil soya!! Luckily he stil take the isomil soya formula...wah really sweat man! i'll nvr ever change milk powder brand again

guess its very difficult for children to change taste ho

ah yr food idea is good leh! can try. thks!

ya... thks... =)

as for kid weight.. i think no worry to much...

my DS also very active... also after 1 yr old... his weight is the same until abt 3 yrs old... his wight was like 11 - 12 kg... he sometime dont eat much things also... only drink milk... as long as they still drink milk... then dont worry too much... they will soon pick up food slowly one... my DS also... after he go CCC he then slowly eat this and that...

if not no matter i ask him to eat and try... he will say NO...

and after 3yrs old... he start to eat alots... at sch eat liao... come home still can eat... after food still ask for milk... i faint... hahaha...

oh oso same prob as my son. weight oso dun change much, but whn sick really skinny. hmmm his fav word is NO oso!

yah the doc oso say if drink milk, oklah. haha so now u gv him plenty lah...wht a change...tis is good

guess i better not think too much about his food n weight...but the problem is our parents n in-laws r the ones keep making noise abt tis prob...as though its our fault...but if he dun eat/drink...wht can we do?? its easy to say force him lah. whn we were at their home, they themselves oso cant make him eat wat...so wht to say?? sighhh...

Sigh...I have the same problem. I used to have really nightmare days feeding my elder son. And, no matter how hard I tried, he just remains skinny 'cos he grows vertically (above average height, slightly below average weight). He eats a lot now. I tried to feed him frequently and bigger potions but it doesn't show. So now I feed him fatty stuff: chicken skin, ice-cream, fries..and it doesn't show. I console myself that maybe he is genetically lucky and can eat all kinds of food without getting fat!

hahaha... eat the fatty stuff... better dont over feed them with all these... can eat but not over hor... bec u wont know one day he will only eat all these and grow fat fat... then how... i think dont worry to much abt the food and the weight they gain too much... bec if they got eat well balance meal... then is ok liao... kid is very very active one... they play alots and sweat alots... therefore they burn they energy fast also... therefore their weight is abt the same for the few yrs one...

when they grow bigger they will be slightly more lazy liao... then they will gain their weight liao... last time can run run run... now sometime walk awhile say he tired liao... want mi to carry... faint...

so as long as they got drink milk... can eat well... then happy liao...

my DS sometime only eat noodle and rice with soup only... without any meat or vege... bec he say he dont want to eat... if he dont want i also nvr force him lor... but he will eat fish... but not much...

maybe last time we also like that... but we dont know only... we also grow so big liao... hehehe...

still worry and need more advice... u can go to the baby/kids web/forum to ask for more advice... Idobaby.com

as for our parents or PIL... they want to sat way let them say lor...

listen can liao... here in here out lor... hehehe...

my MIL last time also will say all these.. but i just hard care lor...

here in here out is the best lor... hehehe...

all ur kids go CCC or sch liao???

if so ur kids will soon eat wat even is given to them one...

my DS also.. dont him eat these and that at home he dont want...

go CCC friends eat he also eat... hehehe...

if u still worry he dont he much and worry abt his weight...

then give him eat kai wei medication... it will help him to kai wei

last time my MIL ask mi to give my son eat... but i didnt bec i scare wait my DS kai wei liao... he become fat fat then how... hehehe...