Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi, I am new to this forum and can't seem to find any help regarding this topic. Am hoping someone here can provide some useful input..

My renovation permit was approved from 1 March - 3 May however renovation works was unable to complete and will have to extend. So we got approval by the condo's MCST (on the spot) to extend to 3 June. We tried to ask for extension to end of June however the MCST lady will not allow she also implied that with this maybe my ID will speed up his works and get the renovation done. So time flew and on 29 May, I received an email from the MCST saying that my reno permit has been revoked immediately due to my ID's company staff not following the rules:

1) Not having mask on

2) Leaving door and windows open where dust are flying to neighbour's units (However at that point of time my vinyl worker was working on the flooring at the main door thus the door has to be kept open)

Email also stated that we can re-apply for another reno permit but it will take 1 week process time to approve. (Why do they need 1 week when previously we have seen instant approval?) 

I wrote in email saying that I do understand the neighbour's frustration and I have NO MEANS to delay the reno works at all. I would love to move in ASAP however there is alot of things that we cannot control thus leading to delays. I have explained that this is my first time hearing this and after making it known as owners what I can do is to get my ID/Contractor to enforce the mask wearing rule and close the door at all times. However I really don't think it is fair to just revoke my reno permit and stop all my works at this crucial period? (Handover estimated to be 3 weeks time)  I also submitted an application for my reno permit (Just in case they want to use the 1 week's lead approval time on me) 

2 days later today, Monday 31 May we made our way down to the management office only to be told that the office in charge is not in office (due to 2 ppl Cover restrictions) and no one can handle and insisted that we leave our application date blank. I insisted to backdate it to 29th May as I did email them the application form that day and since they insisted on the 1 week approval lead time and they did not allow. 

My main issue now is that is MCST allowed to revoke my renovation permit like that? When no warnings were given to us prior or whatsoever. And if they were to drag my approval date, my handover gets delayed as well, isn't it a win win situation if my reno works get cleared as planned (3rd week of June) so I can stop being a nuisance to the residents as well. 

Kindly advise on what to do on this issue 😞

Edited by Liontree
typo

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request