Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ZZEC

COVID swabs requirement

Hi guys the new regulation for now is that all have to be swab before we can go to construction site once every 14 days. That is kind of expensive every 2 weekly. Anyone has different experience where to get cheaper testing? 

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

No two ways about it. Either you swab every 14 days or you don’t go. Even if you do regular swab tests, you may be subjected to ART on site before you enter it.

if you fail to comply and just nice that MOM or BCA goes to your site for inspection and you are there, this may cause your site to be shut down. 

6 hours ago, ZZEC said:

Hi guys the new regulation for now is that all have to be swab before we can go to construction site once every 14 days. That is kind of expensive every 2 weekly. Anyone has different experience where to get cheaper testing? 

Why do we always get this sort of questions that either increase risk of COVID, or trying to save money by compromising or total ignorance on structural stability...

Please just follow what is instructed by the Authorities.

There's nothing wrong with saving money. But do it without compromising on health & safety.

There is always a reason on the cost. Most of the time when cost goes down, reliability follows the same. This also implies lengthening the COVID duration which in turn cost more in the long run when cheaper & less reliable method is used.

i AM NOT PRO OR ANTI AUTHORITIES.

We are all trying to shorten & stop the COVID!! GET THE POINT NOW!!

What's the point of building a home & cut corners on the swap if in the end you don't have the health, or worse can't live to enjoy your brand new property.

JUST FOLLOW WHAT IS INSTRUCTED BY THE AUTHORITIES & PROTECT YOURSELVES & EVERYONE!!

Edited by 3Cube
added wording

11 hours ago, ZZEC said:

You can get your contractor or architect to register you under the RRT (Routine Rostered Testing) scheme as people required to visit site (owners are included). This is still paid for by the government so its FREE :)

On 6/22/2021 at 1:47 PM, IceEyez said:

You can get your contractor or architect to register you under the RRT (Routine Rostered Testing) scheme as people required to visit site (owners are included). This is still paid for by the government so its FREE :)

Thanks! I tried to get my builder’s help but he not being very helpful. Hence checking to see if the rest have better experience. Did your builder include you in routine testing? Mine says it’s only for people in his company? 

not sure why 3cube has to be so angst in his reply. nobody is suggesting to bypass, we can all share our positive experience. No need to play righteous cop here. 

1 hour ago, ZZEC said:

Thanks! I tried to get my builder’s help but he not being very helpful. Hence checking to see if the rest have better experience. Did your builder include you in routine testing? Mine says it’s only for people in his company? 

not sure why 3cube has to be so angst in his reply. nobody is suggesting to bypass, we can all share our positive experience. No need to play righteous cop here. 

My friend’s builder offered to put his name in for RRT a few months ago when it wasn’t mandatory yet. 
do you have architect or PE to fall back to? If not you can try to email BCA on this and see what is their reply. See whether BCA allows you to book for tests directly or through your builder. If BCA allows you to do through your builder, show the response to your builder. 

edit: FAQ from BCA. Main con can submit for RRT for visitors to sites. 

171567B2-20CD-4D5D-AE4A-5773D0CC2C14.jpeg

Edited by snoozee

Lol... guys, i'm totally not aware of this! 

help me understand if i'm reading this correctly, as a home owner, if i want to visit my own work site, i will need to be swabbed every 2 weeks?

what if i visit the site only when the workers are gone in the evening?

1 hour ago, prodriver6 said:

help me understand if i'm reading this correctly, as a home owner, if i want to visit my own work site, i will need to be swabbed every 2 weeks?

If workers are not there, you might get away without needing to do the swab test. But this will only be for a few months (early stages of construction) as your contractor may apply for your site to be a temporary dormitory and have a few workers staying on site. So if this happens, then you will need to do the swab test and ART as and when you want to visit the site 

On 6/27/2021 at 12:01 PM, prodriver6 said:

Yes even as a home owner, it is BCA's directive that you will need to be both registered under approved visitors.. and swabbed every 2 weeks. the ART is not sufficient , it has to be the proper government conducted testing.

There is no way about it, even if you visit when workers are gone. The site is under the contractor's responsibility during construction and they can be issued a stop work order if it is discovered that there are visitors who have not been tested entering site. (neighbour reporting etc.)  COVID-19 virus can remain on surfaces etc so its not just about "workers not present". Do so at your own risk! 

On 6/26/2021 at 3:09 PM, ZZEC said:

I'm not a house owner :) I'm on the Architect side and i do help my owners register for the RRT so that they can visit site.

Hi guys

Just wondering if the owner needs to be swabbed routinely every 14 days or just have to have a swab in the last 14 days... 

Cos what if the owner is not going down to site for a month, still need to swab every 14 days? Or the owner can siam the swab during the month, and go for swab just before his next trip next month.

Actually, how often do you owners go down to the  site usually?

48 minutes ago, Topline said:

Hi guys

Just wondering if the owner needs to be swabbed routinely every 14 days or just have to have a swab in the last 14 days... 

Cos what if the owner is not going down to site for a month, still need to swab every 14 days? Or the owner can siam the swab during the month, and go for swab just before his next trip next month.

Actually, how often do you owners go down to the  site usually?

What is required is that you have a negative swab test result and negative on-site ART when you visit the site. So if you are going once a month, just book the test in advance before you plan to go to site. I think the problem is when you can book the time slot for swab test. 

I visited the site almost everyday as my house is near where I was staying during the rebuilt. So it was a routine to drop by the site to take a look and take photos before I head home after work. I took a lot of photos to document where all the concealed conduits and pipes are laid. Else would have problem when need to drill holes in walls. 

When my mom got coronavirus I was very worried and did not sleep at night because of it, I was looking for a clinic that will cure her 100% and I found it! IVD company is really the best in the field, I recommend it! They cured my mom very fast and I am very thankful for that.