Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gingar

Choosing Bridal Studio

i went to singapore art museum..den to fort canning...lunch...an abandoned building near botanic garden..den botanic garden..and finally emerald hill~~ :)

i see. are these places beautiful for PS? maybe i can use for my PS reference. :~

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
It is not that bad. I have seen some of the BS at JB, from city square all the way to some of the inner tahmans and I find them to be quite good. Their photography works are also very nice. And the digital designs are really interesting!

The gowns... erm... well, my wife finds them so so. And I agree with her. The gowns here are better in terms of design and quality when it comes to handiwork.

Hi GnM, i agree with u on JB BS photopgraphy & gowns...i've seen a few albums & they r pretty good...but its the gowns that put me off...WG is alrite but EG rather chi-na to me *no offence to anyone* But my hubby would still like to make a few trips down to see cos he feels nothing beats seeing the real thing :yamseng:

another question.. is it true BS give better deals on roadshows?

Hmmm...not sure abt this actually. Roadshows abit hard to sign up rite? A neighbour told me cos u'll only get to see the most chio gown there on display, there is no chance to browse the rest of the gowns...even if the package is sibei good, if u sign up liao & realised the BS doesnt offer gowns dats ur style, also no point? I tink it doesnt hurt to visit roadshows & see wat they can offer but its best to go back to the BS to view the available gowns b4 deciding? Unless u already noe which BS u wan then if at the roadshow, u realise they offer a better deal, then i tink its no harm signing up....Did u go for the one at Central Mall (Clarke Quay mrt) recently? I go with a female fren also got ppl pounce on me...quite scary :notti:

Hi GnM, i agree with u on JB BS photopgraphy & gowns...i've seen a few albums & they r pretty good...but its the gowns that put me off...WG is alrite but EG rather chi-na to me *no offence to anyone* But my hubby would still like to make a few trips down to see cos he feels nothing beats seeing the real thing :yamseng:

not chi-na... more to taiwanese...

very quick way of making gowns. In photographs they look ok. But when you see them up close, the workmanship is not very nice.

But if you like their indoor themes, going for the more expensive packages will allow you to select from a wider range of better gowns. So far, even in JB, no one can beat the photography works of Venus. If I had a car, I would definitely take their packages.

For the same price i spend here, I get so much much more in terms of package! :notti:

Yeah...i see their packages, sg packages can nv beat them. Everything in RM, wah lao...

Duno chi-na or Taiwanese lar but abit not elegant enuf. Unless everything MTM? I realised for JB BS, usually MTM EG or teadress can keep...

We do drive but we stay in the far far west, duno worth it anot. Plus b4 AD, have to collect everything from them then return after AD. If wan their MUA to follow for AD, must pay extra also for MUA's transport. But hubby rather keen...anything to save $ :yamseng: But we will waste time & petrol (petrol = $), lol.

Yeah...i see their packages, sg packages can nv beat them. Everything in RM, wah lao...

Duno chi-na or Taiwanese lar but abit not elegant enuf. Unless everything MTM? I realised for JB BS, usually MTM EG or teadress can keep...

We do drive but we stay in the far far west, duno worth it anot. Plus b4 AD, have to collect everything from them then return after AD. If wan their MUA to follow for AD, must pay extra also for MUA's transport. But hubby rather keen...anything to save $ :D But we will waste time & petrol (petrol = $), lol.

if you drive, then it will definitely be cheaper as compared to taking cab all the way.

We did a calculation and found it really not worth our while.

Go for it if you think it is worth the money. The hassle is just a small inconvenience if you are driving. It is the package and the service you get that counts.

For myself, I do not drive. And I stay in the east. So taking a cab to the check point, then changing to the cab in JB and back the same way.... each trip is > SGD $ 40. Plus the super long queue at the customs at JB during the weekends, usually takes half a day just to reach the BS. Driving will is so much faster, even when clearing the customs on both end.

Not really worth it if you add these additional transport cost and time taken to travel to and fro to the package. $40 can frigging fill > 1/2 a tank of petrol liow loh!

Bridal Veil ftw!:D! :):notti:

:good::good::good::good::good:

Kudos to Michelle Huimin. My wife and I feel that to date, we haven't seen any wedding gown and evening dress that can rival the one she designed for my wife. :) :)

i went to singapore art museum..den to fort canning...lunch...an abandoned building near botanic garden..den botanic garden..and finally emerald hill~~ :)

Chris Ling? :)

hello unker!!

ur child so big le ar... :D

this is wad colin designed for me.. :good:

4tp9wea.jpg

4puzhoo.jpg

4tgvux2.jpg

:):):notti::good::good:

Kudos to Michelle Huimin. My wife and I feel that to date, we haven't seen any wedding gown and evening dress that can rival the one she designed for my wife. :good: :good:

nopes...Terence Heng from Hurricadia :)

if you drive, then it will definitely be cheaper as compared to taking cab all the way.

We did a calculation and found it really not worth our while.

Go for it if you think it is worth the money. The hassle is just a small inconvenience if you are driving. It is the package and the service you get that counts.

For myself, I do not drive. And I stay in the east. So taking a cab to the check point, then changing to the cab in JB and back the same way.... each trip is > SGD $ 40. Plus the super long queue at the customs at JB during the weekends, usually takes half a day just to reach the BS. Driving will is so much faster, even when clearing the customs on both end.

Not really worth it if you add these additional transport cost and time taken to travel to and fro to the package. $40 can frigging fill > 1/2 a tank of petrol liow loh!

If dun drive, cfm not worth it i tink...but i scared to drive in leh...heard horrible stories abt JB, not sure if its safe to take my car in :D Plus i tink all sg couples will gg JB on weekends & JB BS sure v crowded on weekends loh...but we cant be taking leave all the time juz to go JB BS on weekdays? If my car gets vandalised there, i tink i will :) But will still be gg down to have a look...So, u mean u will consider JB BS if u drive? Hubby say can go there pump abit of cheap petrol also....zzzz....

hello unker!!

ur child so big le ar... :D

Yeah lor. Don't want to admit old also cannot....

this is wad colin designed for me.. :)

(pictures deleted to save bandwidth)

Looks like mine too.... okay... looks like a slimmer version of mine. :) Actually, for guys, there isn't a lot of variation. I also have white shirt with black top button and black shirt with white top button. Did you have to pay extra for the waist coat? I did.... cost me $150 for a small piece of cloth....

nopes...Terence Heng from Hurricadia :notti:

I see. We went with Chris Ling and went to some of the places you mentioned (Art museum, Fort Caning etc.).

If dun drive, cfm not worth it i tink...but i scared to drive in leh...heard horrible stories abt JB, not sure if its safe to take my car in :D Plus i tink all sg couples will gg JB on weekends & JB BS sure v crowded on weekends loh...but we cant be taking leave all the time juz to go JB BS on weekdays? If my car gets vandalised there, i tink i will :) But will still be gg down to have a look...So, u mean u will consider JB BS if u drive? Hubby say can go there pump abit of cheap petrol also....zzzz....

yep... I will definitely go there to get my package if I drive.

It is worth a look.

Go early, like before dinner time, around 2-3 pm, the crowd is ok.

If you can go before lunch even better.

Some of the girls there are really pushy if they know that you are from Singapore. So just look first and see if you like their gowns before looking at their packages. Remember, you have to be firm. we went there like 3-4 times over a span of 6 months, and each time a different girl approached us, and each time their pitch is the package is good for the weekend only.

Dun buy into that. See if you like then talk deal. Else, go for a good cheap meal at the nearby market also shiok! :)

Yeah lor. Don't want to admit old also cannot....

Looks like mine too.... okay... looks like a slimmer version of mine. :notti: Actually, for guys, there isn't a lot of variation. I also have white shirt with black top button and black shirt with white top button. Did you have to pay extra for the waist coat? I did.... cost me $150 for a small piece of cloth....

I see. We went with Chris Ling and went to some of the places you mentioned (Art museum, Fort Caning etc.).

wah... unker rich sia... Chris Ling photography package not cheap leh!

wah... unker rich sia... Chris Ling photography package not cheap leh!

No lah. It was part of Bridal Veil's package. We went by Chris Ling before and was impressed with his work, but his package was even more... err... impressive. When we went to BV and found that they have a package with him, we took up that package, which we thought is very worth it.

Chris is a great photographer, and as a novice photographer myself, I really admire his work. Put my own shots to shame. Only thing is... I have the 24-70 lens, while he has the older 28-70 lens. :D

No lah. It was part of Bridal Veil's package. We went by Chris Ling before and was impressed with his work, but his package was even more... err... impressive. When we went to BV and found that they have a package with him, we took up that package, which we thought is very worth it.

Chris is a great photographer, and as a novice photographer myself, I really admire his work. Put my own shots to shame. Only thing is... I have the 24-70 lens, while he has the older 28-70 lens. :)

Side track a bit...

I was also thinking of engaging him for my AD shoot... but his packages are expensive!

Getting a one day shoot with him is enuff to afford some of the full bridal packages at Tanjong Pagar liow.

Dun have that kind of budget sia.

Your pics must be very very nice! How was the album design? Did you go for the full page one or the digital/magazine design one? erm... got online samples to see or not :D

I was also thinking of engaging him for my AD shoot... but his packages are expensive!

Getting a one day shoot with him is enuff to afford some of the full bridal packages at Tanjong Pagar liow.

Dun have that kind of budget sia.

Your pics must be very very nice! How was the album design? Did you go for the full page one or the digital/magazine design one? erm... got online samples to see or not :D

We used him for the studio/outdoor shots only (which is the package offered by BV). We thought of using him for AD, but his cost is too high. We could have used his tu di, which is cheaper, but decided against it. Why? On AD, our focus will essentially be on following the customs, practices etc. Things will 'play out' on their own, so we just need a photographer that is able to capture the moment. For studio shots, it is more of 'pose' shots, so someone like Chris would have the eye/experience to capture the poses.

Our AD photographer is a friend of my wife, who had done her glamour shots previously. Franky, we are very happy with him. His cost is cheap, and he is experienced enough with the AD customs to be able to tell us what we should do and so on. He gave us all the jpeg files on CDs (some only gave limited no. of shots), and he chose I think 200 photos to be developed and put into a normal photo album (all AD shots).

Chris' album is the standard wedding studio type of album. I think the package BV bundled was for 30 shots but we upped it to 34 shots. Sorry. No online samples from us. Chris has an online gallery at www.chrisling.com.sg. I think one of my wife's photo is still in that gallery. :)

Edited by ARCHer