Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Phantom

Wedding March-in Song

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

oooh...mmm AD...more or less settled.....

juz finished my outdoor shoot ytd nia~~ :)

hihi!!

now using it as resort 1st.. :P couple of reasons why not fully shift in.. heh~

how abt you?? busy of your AD??

wah Phantom, u haven't settled your Hotel yet n now already chosing the songs. my AD only less den 5 mths away but I still havent chose lei.

I think its best to do that after u chosen the venue. some songs seems more fitting for the certain type of ambiance theme deco of the hotel.

maybe its me but i cannot image pop songs inside the grand fullerton hotel etc. :)

ha ha.. plan in advance mah.. i kiasu can boh? lol...

we already set on our theme.. most likely on the hotel also.. so its pretty appropriate.. we're dun wanna give ppl the impression of disco.. so no pop songs for us.. lol..

but u are right.. pop doesn't really go with fullerton or like Ritz.

One main ballroom and 2 smaller function rooms. :)

U holding there right? lol..

thanks for the tip.. but we can't make the grand ballroom numbers.. lol..

I used "So amazing" by Luther Vandross for my ROM march in...most probably using the same music for my AD too......the lyrics are very meaningful and the music very romantic....you can consider :)

Gd Choice! I like.

Hi all,

Me & hubby are thinking of using this song by george winston - canon in d (theme song for one of korean movie by the sassy girl actress)... one of our friends will be playing the song for us.. :) music is rather slow in the starting part, but gets better towards the middle. nice song..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjFBm0V1oLk

Unique to use a non-lyrics piece.

:)

That's the way. My wife didn't have preference for many things (e.g. lighting, decorations, themes etc.), but she wanted the march-in song to be special. In the end, I let her choose the song. It wasn't a song that I have heard of, and I cannot remember the title. Funny thing is whenever i hear it on the radio now, I will know that it is is *the* song.

Yeah. I just wanted some opinions on MY picks though.. but you are definately right. Actually everything from theme to song to whatever.. i told her you like we do..

its one in a lifetime.

well.. for most of us at least.

:P

Out of those you selected, for me lah, I only like "At Last - Etta James", which gives that jazzy feeling. The rest are too slow and mono, more suitable for background music.

However, I am really a sucker for dramatic experience, thus I will look for songs that give the 'impact' for my march in.

Thus during my time, I selected this cheena song (because I simply loved the musical, 雪狼湖):

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-IZIHZT03m0

The music starts at 00:26, creates the mood and the door will open at 00:43. Just imagine yourself at the ballroom, and the song playing, you will find yourself automatically clapping at 00:43.

I am not recommending this song to you since you don't like cheena songs, but just for your reference lor.

:P

I also like At Last.. as you mentioned.. jazzy feeling..

bro i not so drama leh.. lol.... but i went to listen.. i understand what you mean..

its not i dun like cheena songs.. in fact i'm very cheena.. lol... but the wedding march in i wanna keep it abit more on the english side.. or even spanish.. u get what i mean right? lol.. i think wife wants me to sing..

gulp...

canton song..

ya... grand ballroom is mine.. haha..

Pui :)

lol....

anyways have to thank you for sending me the information earlier on.. really helped us alot..

when's ur date again? i'm getting old.. lol.

Any idea if hotel allows us to bring CDs that to be played for the whole nite??

Recently, my sis bot some CDs, music inside pretty nice.. remixed of common tunes.. I feel quite suitable to played throughout the whole dinner..

I don't know about other hotels, but for PanPac, they allow us to play our own music. Which was what we wanted because we wanted to play ballroom and latin music so that our guests can do ballroom and latin dancing.

Pui :yamseng:

lol....

anyways have to thank you for sending me the information earlier on.. really helped us alot..

when's ur date again? i'm getting old.. lol.

nah.. it is ok.. :yamseng:

my AD is 12th Jun.. rem to give ang bao.. :)

I don't know about other hotels, but for PanPac, they allow us to play our own music. Which was what we wanted because we wanted to play ballroom and latin music so that our guests can do ballroom and latin dancing.

okok.. when time is nearer.. i will ask my coordinator..

Hi Korea Mrs Phantom here...

I don't think that there is any issue holding AD at a four star hotel as long as the "Package" is worth it...

You don't have to blow your own trumpet and boast about holding AD at a 5* hotel lor...

Keep ur 2 cents worth at home... :(

Mrs Phantom

GCW is also a 5 star hotel. the co-ordinator told us. btw, intercon really doesn't give face to you after you gave them a big business. :bow: mr phantom told us. :help:

GCW is also a 5 star hotel. the co-ordinator told us. btw, intercon really doesn't give face to you after you gave them a big business. :help: mr phantom told us. :(

4 star also got its good points lah.. 4-star can earn profits from banquet.. that's y 4 star hotel always so popular..

4 star also got its good points lah.. 4-star can earn profits from banquet.. that's y 4 star hotel always so popular..

restaurants even can earn more profit. :help: whether got earn profit a not isn't our main priority. our main priority is everybody must enjoy the evening! :(

I tot of having a korean song.. hahahaa.. :( see how ba..

Any idea if hotel allows us to bring CDs that to be played for the whole nite??

Recently, my sis bot some CDs, music inside pretty nice.. remixed of common tunes.. I feel quite suitable to played throughout the whole dinner..

Check with your hotel, not sure if anything had changed, but most of them do allow you to play music for the whole nite, as long as its not illegal CDs. However, the catering sales girl quietly said that if you burn your own CDs it will be ok.

So what I did was (I really shouldn't say this here), I went to JB to buy those CDs with hundreds of MP3 love songs at RM$6 each, and burned those I want into playable CDs.

That time I took long leave before my wedding, so I sat in front of the PC for one week and slowly listen to all the songs and burn four CDs altogether, each about 1hr+ with 15 to 16 songs. Its more than enough because the banquet cannot be more than four hours, somemore minus all the MC's speech, couple's speech, yamseng, etc.

restaurants even can earn more profit. :help: whether got earn profit a not isn't our main priority. our main priority is everybody must enjoy the evening! :(

Indeed, but you are contradicting yourself; since the main priority is for everyone to enjoy, it doesn't matter if its 4-star or 5-star. Or are you even suggesting that 5-star can CONFIRMED make everyone happy? Then you obviously haven't seen the world enough.

I have walked into a so-called 5-star suite room, cost me $600+ per night, and the room was not tidied up yet!! Tissues all over the bedroom's toilet, no toilet paper in the common toilet, bed sheets pulled out (I guess the previous guest must have a happening night) and there is even a breakfast trolley with unfinished food! Thank God I checked the room first, cannot imagine what will happen if I just gave the key to my big boss from Japan!

And guess what?? It is swissotel. Kid you not; you can check with Aiden McAuley, that overall in-charge for the hotel (think its general manager or resident manager), because my company is swissotel's priority corporate customer, so my local boss wrote him a nice long letter. After that he treated us lunch at equinox to apologise...

Edited by zirhk3355

Indeed, but you are contradicting yourself; since the main priority is for everyone to enjoy, it doesn't matter if its 4-star or 5-star. Or are you even suggesting that 5-star can CONFIRMED make everyone happy? Then you obviously haven't seen the world enough.

I have walked into a so-called 5-star suite room, cost me $600+ per night, and the room was not tidied up yet!! Tissues all over the bedroom's toilet, no toilet paper in the common toilet, bed sheets pulled out (I guess the previous guest must have a happening night) and there is even a breakfast trolley with unfinished food! Thank God I checked the room first, cannot imagine what will happen if I just gave the key to my big boss from Japan!

And guess what?? It is swissotel. Kid you not; you can check with Aiden McAuley, that overall in-charge for the hotel (think its general manager or resident manager), because my company is swissotel's priority corporate customer, so my local boss wrote him a nice long letter. After that he treated us lunch at equinox to apologise...

oh, personally i prefer a 5 star hotel and it has nothing to do with the guests. i guess you haven't got my meaning yet, bro! haha. :dancingqueen:

siwssotel's suite has $600+ per night? their suite is about $1500++. so, you all got a reasonable deal! haha. aiya, nothing is 100% perfect in this world lah, bro. we ever went to stay at a couples of 5 star hotels before and also encountered problems. there're sure bound to have things which we're unpleasing. we're human after all, bro! hahaha. :D

lol.. thanks.. one man's fruit is definately one man's poison.

any recommendations?

Hi Phantom, dun get me wrong. The songs selections are good for hearing...just that for me, it must stage the wedding. Too deep? Anyway, ultimately, you should choose one that when you hear it, you know it's the special song for both of you.

You are doing great...taking initiative to choose the songs. Wish I can provide you with a song list but my hb (who is great in doing that) is coming home late these days. He dun even have time to fill up the Deal or No Deal application form! :D I'm good in commenting though. Haha.

I have a pretty unknown song that is very, very close to my heart and was played on our wedding. I find it magical even up to today. However, I will pm you only. With sincere apologies to those who are curious.