Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jackfood

Hard to choose ID where u have no Reno background

I went to meet many ID but find these two ID companies are the most straightforward, no sweettalk or trying to please you.

Design4Space offers a higher price tag for better design (but also advised practically), while SkyCreation offers affordable price for realistic use.

I so worry once paid the deposit (D4S at 10%, and SC 20%), their interest may swift.

The designer I talked with SC, showed me their big showroom (one-stop, everything, from design, appliances, furniture), the option to choose CHINA workmanship (cheaper) or local workmanship (expensive). he is very straight which directs all the CONs on the spot with my ideas, abit heartbroken but utimately, still need to accept the technicality of renovation.

D4S only met online due to COVID, went through the plan. I like about this ID is she suggesting to save those not practical and apply the saving into other area. She is extremely responsive. Idea came, I suggested to her, within 30mins, requested to meet up and discuss. The promptness wins over other ID firm.

Both ID is opened to give out quotations and itemized pricing.

Which should I choose and sign? 

Edited by jackfood

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Having gone thru this myself, I have to agree that choosing an ID is very difficult.

Personally, I feel you should choose the ID that you can "gam" with.
During your meeting with ID you can take this time to observe closely how they behave."

Based on what you described, the ID who is more straight to the point seems more reliable but
of course you need to still go with your gut feeling.

I personally dislike IDs who seem to be a "Yes Man" which makes me suspicious of them more.
Renovation is about proper communication between you and the ID.

Hi Jack food, 

So which did you choose to work with in the end ?

I am considering D4S too for my renovation. 

Appreciate if you can share your experience.