Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wersingaporeans

Landed - What Intercom and CCTV to buy?

Wondering if i should engage a CCTV guy to install my CCTVs, or just buy them myself (cheaper) and install on my own ... I'm not the most tech savvy person though. Is it complicated? Or Plug and play... I think i will need like 6-7 CCTVs (indoor and outdoors).

Alternatively, are there pple who help with installation after you buy your own CCTVs?

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

before even buying the CCTV system, you will need to know where you want to monitor first. then you need to know which models of CCTV to buy. even with same model of CCTV, there are cameras with different focal length which will provide different field of vision. eg: a camera with a wider field of vision will make the objects smaller whereas one with a narrower coverage can capture the objects bigger on screen.

so the angle of coverage will determine how many cameras you will need and how to position the cameras such that they can overlap a bit and provide you with an almost 180 degrees coverage.

you electrician could help you with the installation of the physical cameras but you may need to configure the recorder and cameras yourself. always read the instruction manual on how to set up the equipment. I made the mistake of not reading the manual and had problems paring the cameras with recorder.

4 hours ago, snoozee said:

before even buying the CCTV system, you will need to know where you want to monitor first. then you need to know which models of CCTV to buy. even with same model of CCTV, there are cameras with different focal length which will provide different field of vision. eg: a camera with a wider field of vision will make the objects smaller whereas one with a narrower coverage can capture the objects bigger on screen.

so the angle of coverage will determine how many cameras you will need and how to position the cameras such that they can overlap a bit and provide you with an almost 180 degrees coverage.

you electrician could help you with the installation of the physical cameras but you may need to configure the recorder and cameras yourself. always read the instruction manual on how to set up the equipment. I made the mistake of not reading the manual and had problems paring the cameras with recorder.

Did your builder charge you profit in attendance since you did it yourself? That's another consideration for me... how to avoid paying that?

1 hour ago, Topline said:

Did your builder charge you profit in attendance since you did it yourself? That's another consideration for me... how to avoid paying that?

Nope.

normally profit in attendance will apply to nominated subcons. How can contractor charge the owner this when owner is DIYing something in his own house? 

if you are really concerned about this can always install the CCTV after you take over the house upon TOP. The important thing is to have the wiring all done up first which would be part of the main contractor’s scope assuming you are getting his electrician to pull the wires for you. 

• Like 1

Finding a trustworthy security system is indeed a challenge, and it took me a while to check several brands and choose the best one. My area is not the most peaceful, so I had to go for the best one that'll also protect my car, and I decided to go for ajax. After reading this article https://customers.ajax.systems/security-against-fuel-theft, I understood that's just what I need, and I can tell you I wasn't disappointed. You can learn more about it, and I think it can be a great solution for you as well.

Hi guys, i intend to get Hikvision CCTV cameras for my place and am now looking at the intercom/ gate system. Do you know if it is possible to link and view the Hikvision CCTVs to another brand of intercom monitor (indoor unit) (eg. Panasonic, Aiphone)? Ideally, besides viewing the CCTV thru app, i tot it would be useful to be able to view thru the intercom monitor too.

16 hours ago, Topline said:

Hi guys, i intend to get Hikvision CCTV cameras for my place and am now looking at the intercom/ gate system. Do you know if it is possible to link and view the Hikvision CCTVs to another brand of intercom monitor (indoor unit) (eg. Panasonic, Aiphone)? Ideally, besides viewing the CCTV thru app, i tot it would be useful to be able to view thru the intercom monitor too.

search for "hikvision all in one indoor station"

On 7/1/2022 at 2:03 PM, snoozee said:

search for "hikvision all in one indoor station"

Hmm, doesn’t work for me. I think it only works with Hikvision intercom. I’m trying to use Panasonic or Aiphone intercom.

2 hours ago, Topline said:

Hmm, doesn’t work for me. I think it only works with Hikvision intercom. I’m trying to use Panasonic or Aiphone intercom.

Don’t think you can find compatibility between manufacturers for different products.