Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jamez

Our Home

promotion at month end? **** i'll be there. but my wife got not so good experience with harvey norman a few years back where she bought a vacuum cleaner for the place where she works...kinda kena suan from the staff when she brought back the vacuum cleaner for exchange when it was discovered defective...on the same day of purchase...or something like dat. I did asked for an explainantion from thier management (emailed their district manager or dunno wat lah) about the staff behavior but never got any reply. So my wife and i kinda avoided harvey norman from then...but still a sale is a sale and must go and see if can grab some good deals. :good:

most of my things are from HN... got recommendation from a bro in singaporebride... went to check the salesman out at e end of june.... and it turn out pretty well.. after making my research on the pricing, went to the recommended guy and ask for his best price... i countered a reasonable offer and he said ok... he helped me with my other purchases after dat day... in total, i went to him on a few ocassions to get fridge, washing machine, dryer, camera, etc.. though some of it is not his territory, he helped my by telling his colleague to gimme a good price... hehehee..

and to top it off... he got good after sales service...:yamseng:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hey..dun get me wrong...i love plain and simple stuff...especially for toiletries stuff..cos my toilet kinda small..ok itz not kinda small..itz actually pathetically small...so i wun wan intricate stuff to clutter up the look...so plain and simple is the best! :notti: hopefully plain and simple and cheap and lasting haha...

hmm...if the metro sale is still on can go see the bedroom stuff...scared i forget to see friday papers...dun have the habit to read newspaper unless im REALLY bored...juz browse through the internet for latest news haha..

Oh...i went up yesterday and plastering of all rooms are done...left with plastering of the living room...laying of laminate flooring for bedrooms...electrical rewiring...still got a lot haven do lah...i took some more pics yesterday...but think i post later so can see more difference from the previous pics...maybe this friday if i can find time to go up again... :deal:

Howz ur reno going dude? :(

Hi jamez, :(

Yeah, better not clutter an oredi small bathroom, then no place to disperse the air after doing business. :curse::P

The METRO Closing Sale (up to 70%) is still going on, dunno when they close for real. :( Well, at least it will benefit lots of consumers. ;)

In addition, there's a Best Denki Renovation Sale (Up to 80%) going on at the 4th Floor too, so maybe you can view some electrical applicances while the ladies do treasure hunting in the Handbag, Shoes and Cosmestics Section.

The thing we learnt these days is that the most Sales Ads always on Friday and Saturday Straits Time. That is when you get to know where has the best offers. :( Maybe we can start a topic annoucing SALES taking place in their Neighbourhood and help everyone saves some money. :)

WOW, your progress is much more faster than mine, right now our Bathroom Mosaic Tiles, the Kitchen Floor Tiles and Room Skirtings are still not completed yet. Dunno if they can complete on time anot. :( Hopefully everything turns out right at the last moment. :)

Hope to see More of your renovation photos and Many Thanks for sharing the housekeeping tips at my blog. :):yamseng:

Hi jamez, :)

Yeah, better not clutter an oredi small bathroom, then no place to disperse the air after doing business. :blink::P

The METRO Closing Sale (up to 70%) is still going on, dunno when they close for real. :P Well, at least it will benefit lots of consumers. :D

In addition, there's a Best Denki Renovation Sale (Up to 80%) going on at the 4th Floor too, so maybe you can view some electrical applicances while the ladies do treasure hunting in the Handbag, Shoes and Cosmestics Section.

The thing we learnt these days is that the most Sales Ads always on Friday and Saturday Straits Time. That is when you get to know where has the best offers. :) Maybe we can start a topic annoucing SALES taking place in their Neighbourhood and help everyone saves some money. :)

WOW, your progress is much more faster than mine, right now our Bathroom Mosaic Tiles, the Kitchen Floor Tiles and Room Skirtings are still not completed yet. Dunno if they can complete on time anot. :( Hopefully everything turns out right at the last moment. :)

Hope to see More of your renovation photos and Many Thanks for sharing the housekeeping tips at my blog. :):D

hi Tim_chenie...

ur most welcome...got any good stuff must share share one... :yamseng:

woah...best denki sale! thanx very much for the heads up! good idea on the thread suggestion...if got such a thread then surely nex time everyone go sales can bump into fellow renotalk members...except that we dun know each other.. :notti:

dun wori...ur reno looks good...if they cun complete on time got chance to ask for some more freebies haha...but i think once all tiles and skirting are up things will move much faster cos itz all installation and stuff like dat...so cheer up dun wori things are gonna be fine... :good:

most of my things are from HN... got recommendation from a bro in singaporebride... went to check the salesman out at e end of june.... and it turn out pretty well.. after making my research on the pricing, went to the recommended guy and ask for his best price... i countered a reasonable offer and he said ok... he helped me with my other purchases after dat day... in total, i went to him on a few ocassions to get fridge, washing machine, dryer, camera, etc.. though some of it is not his territory, he helped my by telling his colleague to gimme a good price... hehehee..

and to top it off... he got good after sales service...!!

and that perfectly shows that the attitude of the individual staff is very important... :notti:

can pm me the sales guys name...cos i think ur experience sounds good.. :notti:

Anyway i just went up and checked out the renovations...air con is up...plastering all done...the electricians are currently running the wires all over the place...uploading the pics now..

Woah am i glad that we got this ID/contractor. The reno experience for me so far is so stress free...my id/contractor would kinda call me up now and then and update me with the progress...good friendly service...discussing abt potential issues at hand and stuff like dat...while choosing colours for the walls he made some very pleasing selections and emailed me the drawings in a day...all i can say is he is super experienced and in terms of practicality he's the man. in the end the design was more like 70 % his ideas and 30% mine...and i love it. initially i tot some designs were abit "obiang" but then thinking back...it was all in the name of practicality...even though we were very fickle minded and changed alot of details here and there...he was always cool with it..this is the third week of the reno now...and i give 2 thumbs up for now. !! :D

ok some pics taken today...

mastertoilet.jpg

this is the masterbedroom toilet...

copperpipes.jpg

the copper gas pipes and water pipes...

electrical.jpg

plastered living room and electrical guys doing the rewiring of the house...alot of dust around

pebblewash.jpg

the pebblewash area and the tiles layed in it. the pebblewash was the id/contractor's idea. He said he the pebblewash would not make the living room look too plain...this idea was brought up by him after the contract was signed...no additional cost...that was pretty cool of him

pebbles.jpg

the pebble stones

rectification.jpg

discovered some uneveness of the mosaics in the kitchen..called out guy up and he immediatly went down and check it and marked those that were to be rectified.

studyaircon.jpg

air con installed at the study room...and the plastered walls..

starmex.jpg

starmex

smooth.jpg

smooth creamy plastered wall in my parents' room.

motarbase2.jpg

mortar base for fridge in the kitchen

mortarbase1.jpg

base for the cabinets and washing machine

Edited by jamez

ok some pics taken today...

mortarbase1.jpg

base for the cabinets and washing machine

Hi Jamez, just went thru your T-Blog and really very nice design and good progress on the reno.. congrats.. For your kitchen black floor tiles, is it Homo tile and matt finish? If it is, please ask your contractor to cover up every part.. Mine is also black/matt/rought surface homo tiles and after the reno & cleaning up, they cannot remove the stain from cement/plastering/paint as the tiles is porus.. problem only 90% solved after a special cleaning agent is applied and cannot use the kitchen for 2 days.. better to prevent it but not sure if yours is the same or will have the same problem.. cheers.

Edited by Ben3555

Hi Jamez, just went thru your T-Blog and really very nice design and good progress on the reno.. congrats.. For your kitchen black floor tiles, is it Homo tile and matt finish? If it is, please ask your contractor to cover up every part.. Mine is also black/matt/rought surface homo tiles and after the reno & cleaning up, they cannot remove the stain from cement/plastering/paint as the tiles is porus.. problem only 90% solved after a special cleaning agent is applied and cannot use the kitchen for 2 days.. better to prevent it but not sure if yours is the same or will have the same problem.. cheers.

Hi Ben3555...

Thanx very much for the information...the tile is matt black ceramic...

yeah i haven really thought about the plaster stains that might show on the black tiles...hmmm...must go and tell the id/contractor tommorrow.. :sport-smiley-003:

Just curious, what do you mean by 90% solved? as in there are some places that they cun clean and the stains are still there? or generally ur black tiles become kinda like greyish?

thanx again for sharing. !!

Day 23 pics

Overview.jpg

Overview from the living room, false ceiling done... :notti:

FalseCeiling.jpg

Another view from the litchen of the living room now..

FalseCieling3.jpg

Closer look of the false ceiling.

ConcealedWiringKitchen.jpg

Concealed wiring in the kitchen

ConcealedPipingKitchen.jpg

Concealed piping...also in the kitchen... :notti:

Kitchen.jpg

Look of the kichen now...

ViewfromKitchen.jpg

View of the living room from the kitchen...

Switches.jpg

Light switches...courtesy of the ID/Contractor... :bleah:

GloryPaint.jpg

Red Glory paint delivered... :)

Now left with painting...the painter said they are gonna do the sealer tommorrow...

Then left with laminate flooring overlay in the bedrooms...installation of lighting and bathroom stuff...cabinetry...in between got acid wash and stuff...finish in 2 more weeks? :bleah:

Anyhow i'm happy with the progress...not gonna move in so soon anyway cos think the reno is gonna spill over to 7th month...so wait after 7th month see date then move in... :notti:

wooo your renovation is coming up fast and furious

think quite a number of us will be shifting in around the same time

coz all renovation encroach into seventh month so waiting for 8th month nia :notti:

wooo your renovation is coming up fast and furious

think quite a number of us will be shifting in around the same time

coz all renovation encroach into seventh month so waiting for 8th month nia !!

Hello applefreak...

haha...yeah agree that they do things quite fast...nex 2 days will be at a standstill though i think...cos the ID/contractor told us the sealent gotta wait 2 days to dry before painting...then cabinetry...

oh u also waiting for the 8th month to move in? i dunno can make it in the 8th month anot...maybe the 9th month then i move in..see how my working schedule lah...then got some more stuff to buy also...like sofa and stuff...haiz... !!

me got my keys in mar this year

initially target jun, then jul

then become before seventh month but guess will have to wait until after seventh month !! !!

think i really kiasu, already bought sofa, wardrobe, dining table before i got my keys

now the only things i got to buy are curtains :)

me got my keys in mar this year

initially target jun, then jul

then become before seventh month but guess will have to wait until after seventh month !! !!

think i really kiasu, already bought sofa, wardrobe, dining table before i got my keys

now the only things i got to buy are curtains :)

haha...then where u put all the stuff? or u ask then to hold delivery? then they hold delivery for very long hoh...

i also quite kiasu lah...we bought the dining table and tv at the first week of reno...now the tv gotta be delivered b4 7 th month and reno not finished haha...headache loh...ID/contractor say he will do all the doors first and lock the tv in one of the rooms and continue touching up the rest of the unit...then he gotta go up everyday and open for the workers in the morning... :) haha

Glad to see your renovation having a GOOD progress, really excited to see when everything is completed. !!

By the way, have you decided when to move in? Interested in getting an auspicious date? Just manage to know this website, hope it will help. :)

Good Events Dates

!!

Glad to see your renovation having a GOOD progress, really excited to see when everything is completed. :)

By the way, have you decided when to move in? Interested in getting an auspicious date? Just manage to know this website, hope it will help. :)

Good Events Dates

!!

A big hello tim_chenie!

I have not...but yeah i wan choose an auspicious date to move in...but hoh...in the meantime can slowly slowly move the things in anot huh? :)

Thanx very much for the link..checking it out now... !!

haha...then where u put all the stuff? or u ask then to hold delivery? then they hold delivery for very long hoh...

i also quite kiasu lah...we bought the dining table and tv at the first week of reno...now the tv gotta be delivered b4 7 th month and reno not finished haha...headache loh...ID/contractor say he will do all the doors first and lock the tv in one of the rooms and continue touching up the rest of the unit...then he gotta go up everyday and open for the workers in the morning... zz haha

i told them upfront that i have not confirmed delivery date

if they can hold at least six months then i'll buy, if not then i won't buy

usually they are eager to close the deal so they'll agree to anything :)

can hold the tv delivery or not?

i only bought furnitures coz i think the price of electical appliances only go one way - that's down

so i'll buy only when i've shifted in and just go out to buy :)

A big hello tim_chenie!

I have not...but yeah i wan choose an auspicious date to move in...but hoh...in the meantime can slowly slowly move the things in anot huh? !!

Thanx very much for the link..checking it out now... !!

hi there, my FS guy say as long as the offical shift-in date for the whole family is auspicious can liao :)

me planning to shift my things slowly when renovation is done but seventh month is still not over :)