Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chew@PPLe

Any Nice Hangouts Over The Weekend In Spore?

yup yup, u must try their oyster shooters & goose liver appetiser. :D

have you been to city space? over there, they've live music. the cashew nuts are nice too. :dunno: usually, my hb and i will go there for a bottle of red wine and enjoy the views at the same time. :dancingqueen:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

yes swissotel got balcony but dun think can open the doors for higher floors

think coz last time got pple jump down from there

but the executive lounge balcony can go out

maybe coz i got height phobia, stepped out 30sec my heart racing liao :dunno:

yes swissotel got balcony but dun think can open the doors for higher floors

think coz last time got pple jump down from there

but the executive lounge balcony can go out

maybe coz i got height phobia, stepped out 30sec my heart racing liao :D

erm, i think all the levels balcony can be opened. that time, we stayed at 52nd and the balcony can be opened. we also visited the bridal suite at 66th and think can open too leh. :dancingqueen:

only the restaurants and bar no balcony, full height windows only. :dunno:

hmm that time tried to open cannot leh

or the door spoil liao :D

the exec lounge also got balcony, got free snacks and drinks somemore :dancingqueen:

initially, we also having hard time opening the balcony door but my hb used his :dunno: then can be opened liao. :dancingqueen:

initially, we also having hard time opening the balcony door but my hb used his :dunno: then can be opened liao. :dancingqueen:

eheh i think we all off topic liao .... :dancingqueen::D

cheaper ? dun think so ..... standard of living there seem higher to me

alot of things are more exp than here

check out this article

http://www.zaobao.com/yl/yl070723_506.html :rofl:

Sorry but I got a "bus on fire" article in that link you gave - sure you got the correct article? Hehe...

Are you saying that the living standard in KL is higher than Singapore?? How could it be, unless you are talking about hi-end stuff like branded items. Otherwise, restaurants and lifestyle outlets (spas, hair salons, etc) are all cheaper.

I beg to digress on the issue discussed.

The average wage in Sillypore for a fresh grad is around 2.7 to 3.5 in today's market. Whereas in Malaysia, its still around 2k Ringgit.

Transport is an issue and many will drive.

Dinner for 2 in a restaurant will still cost around 40 to 50 Ringgit on the average. Same as Singapore right? but the average wage is lower, inflation is higher in the country.

Standary of living alot lower than Singapore

Cost of living higher if we take in the local wages on local expenses.

I beg to digress on the issue discussed.

The average wage in Sillypore for a fresh grad is around 2.7 to 3.5 in today's market. Whereas in Malaysia, its still around 2k Ringgit.

Transport is an issue and many will drive.

Dinner for 2 in a restaurant will still cost around 40 to 50 Ringgit on the average. Same as Singapore right? but the average wage is lower, inflation is higher in the country.

Standary of living alot lower than Singapore

Cost of living higher if we take in the local wages on local expenses.

Erm you lost me there - we are talking about a short holiday up north right?

At RM$40 to RM$50 for two in a restaurant (eg sushi king, Kenny Rogers, Denny's, etc), after currency conversion, its still cheaper than in Singapore for that same restaurant mah. And for roadside stalls and coffeeshops, their prices are much cheaper.

But if go there to work and get your salary in ringgit, then yes its not worth - my counterpart in Malaysia is getting paid lesser than me (in exact dollars, not even considering conversion) even though we are doing the same job!

I'm beginning to feel "fan gan" towards Swisstol.... :rofl:

How abt Batam View Beach Villa? Anyone been there?

Ah yes, speaking of Indonesia...you like clubbing?? How about a clubbing weekend trip to Bintan?

Check this out: http://www.silk-bintan.com/ - its located in Bintan Lagoon Resort

The other time I rounded up a group of 4 couples and we shared a villa with 4 rooms, a private pool and personal golf buggy, just to go to Club Silk. Total damage is about $120/pax/night for the villa and breakfast, not including clubbing expenses and ferry.

Think they got a special package for Singaporeans, S$99/pax/night including ferry, one night stay in standard room, one complimentary drink at Club Silk and breakfast. Two to go.

Edited by zirhk3355

Erm you lost me there - we are talking about a short holiday up north right?

At RM$40 to RM$50 for two in a restaurant (eg sushi king, Kenny Rogers, Denny's, etc), after currency conversion, its still cheaper than in Singapore for that same restaurant mah. And for roadside stalls and coffeeshops, their prices are much cheaper.

But if go there to work and get your salary in ringgit, then yes its not worth - my counterpart in Malaysia is getting paid lesser than me (in exact dollars, not even considering conversion) even though we are doing the same job!

sorry dude.. for a moment i thought u guys were talking abt living standard + costs in our malayan neighbour. :)

lol..

or take a drive up kuantan?

it's a nice drive, esp if take the old road

get to see a lot of things that we wouldn't pay attention to in our daily mad rush

one word of caution though, please dun sound your horn at the lembus

we ever kenna, the lembu slow walking in front of us

we sounded our horn and guess what

the lembu sat down and refused to move :):jawdrop: