Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Kellhound

Anti-fingerprint laminates

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

as long as you don't get those high gloss laminates, you won't see fingerprint markings. I'm using wood grained laminates from Jennings and Admira priced at about $60 per sheet and have no problems with fingerprints.

9 hours ago, snoozee said:

as long as you don't get those high gloss laminates, you won't see fingerprint markings. I'm using wood grained laminates from Jennings and Admira priced at about $60 per sheet and have no problems with fingerprints.

I'm using matt black so fingerprints are still visible though not as bad as glossy. I tried the Lamitak Protak and it's very good in this regard. My contractor advised against Admira (not so good quality) and Jennings (old stocks left by other supplier) but I'll take that with a pinch of salt.

Seems to be a number of bad Google reviews for Admira.....

Edited by Kellhound

2 hours ago, Kellhound said:

I'm using matt black so fingerprints are still visible though not as bad as glossy. I tried the Lamitak Protak and it's very good in this regard. My contractor advised against Admira (not so good quality) and Jennings (old stocks left by other supplier) but I'll take that with a pinch of salt.

Seems to be a number of bad Google reviews for Admira.....

i'm using matt black wood grained laminate from Jennings. no problem with fingerprints but most probably because of the wood grained pattern.

just go to their showrooms to take a look at the actual laminates if you have the time. There's no such thing as old stocks left b other suppliers unless you chose a very unpopular design then the stock could be quite old stock. some laminates do get out of stock and need to wait for stock replenishment so do confirm your chosen laminate earlier so the stock can be booked for your project.

contractors usually get a discount from the laminate suppliers so I think the more likely case is that your contractor will get a bigger incentive from lamitak rather than from Admira and Jennings. When I bought 2 sheets of laminates from Admira directly, I was given a 10 percent discount off the list price. Jennings' laminates can be up to 25 percent (or more) discount off their list price.  But these 2 brands sell their laminates at the average price of about $50 per sheet. Compared to lamitak the protak range which you want which is $168, if your contractor can get 10% off $168, it would be 3 times that of 10% of $50. If I am your contractor, I would also push you to buy from a supplier where I can get more incentive compared to another supplier.

I was quite excited when I called up Admira and they told me they had a Traceless range at $68/sheet. When I went to the showroom, I found that the feel of the Traceless range is quite close to normal solid laminates albeit with anti-fingerprint properties . The closest equivalent in terms of feel to the Lamitak Protak range was their Xtreme range (which is also anti-fingerprint) which costs $112/sheet.