Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
stargaaz

Black Bathroom

hey all... i'm seriously thinkin of doing my bathroom in black.. any suggestions on wat sort of tiles should i look out for? generally is it better to choose rough or smoother tiles for the toilets? i like the rough textured ones but am not sure if it will be easy to maintain.. anybody who have done up theirs in black, care to share some pics and advice pls.... thanks.............

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hey all... i'm seriously thinkin of doing my bathroom in black.. any suggestions on wat sort of tiles should i look out for? generally is it better to choose rough or smoother tiles for the toilets? i like the rough textured ones but am not sure if it will be easy to maintain.. anybody who have done up theirs in black, care to share some pics and advice pls.... thanks.............

Hi stargaaz :D

Heh heh, I almost wanted to do black too.....but hubby against it, too bad. Very sorry, I don't have any black bathroom photo of my own but for some ideas, u can try this link at BagNoIdea site: BagnoIdea - Bathroom Gallery

Of course, u need to think of other things like:

- safety, when floor is wet,

- size and shape of the bathroom,

- any children or elderly person in the house,

- level of expectation in terms of cleaning, care and maintenance of bathroom,

- should the bathroom overall design blend or contrast with the rest of the house.

It is safer to have matt or slightly rougher tiles for safety reasons. If u choose those floor tiles with some protruding designs or rough edging, it is not only tedious to clean but also not safe. If the floor tile the texture is too rough, then u might have a harder time to scrub it clean when stained.U can check with the tile vendor, which ones are suitable in terms of safety and maintenance in the long run.

I will be doing my bathroom in black.

Black wall tiles with very very thin white lines (smooth)

Very dark copper colored tiles for floor (matte)

Ceiling white

Main concern with doing it black was whether it would make the toilet look very small and cramped.

My id says is ok because my solid surface and toilet bowl would be white. and I have a very big mirror on one wall of the bathroom.

Now still renovating. Once done I see whether I have any pics

someone in the forum has a black bathroom. including the toilet bowl ! u might wan to check around. sorry, can't remember who it was ...

i'll have a black toilet too. currently still under renovation so i got no pics to show yet.

i have texture (stone like) floor and wall tiles

ceiling - white

toilet bowl - black

basin - outer black, inner red

vanity solid top - black

vanity cabinet - black

all the toilet accessories - stainless steel

id said my toilet will look very sleek. hope that it will turn out good.

Hi guys, I have a black toilet too.. will post pics one done up. By the way, for those with black loo, what colour u choose for the ceiling? I'm thinking of painting the ceiling black along with the piping and trucking. will it look weird? The lighting is ample and ceiling is currently white... I'm installing black solid surface for vanity to.. will galaxy black indian granite be better? of course more pricey.. My ID wants me to top up $400+ to change to granite.. :bangwall: pls advice.. Thanks!! :)

I will be doing my bathroom in black.

Black wall tiles with very very thin white lines (smooth)

Very dark copper colored tiles for floor (matte)

Ceiling white

Main concern with doing it black was whether it would make the toilet look very small and cramped.

My id says is ok because my solid surface and toilet bowl would be white. and I have a very big mirror on one wall of the bathroom.

Now still renovating. Once done I see whether I have any pics

hey hey......its a nice concept...hw muxh u spent ?

Hi,

My master bathroom is using black homogeneous floor tile (rough surface) and black Marquina marble vanity top... not entirely all black as 3 of the walls are in cream colour homogeneous tile. The other so-called 'featured wall' inside the shower cubicle is using rough surface greenish-grey ceramic tiles.

71bathrmmaster2dr0.th.jpg

72bathrmmaster3nw7.th.jpg

72bathrmmaster4jk6.th.jpg

Hi stargaaz...are you doing your toilet wall tiles in black too?

I din't change my wall tiles, but laid black tiles for the toilet floor...i like it for easy maintenance!!

Remember to choose anti-slip floor tiles...safer...

:yamseng:

A black bathroom would be quite modern and cool. If you like the tiles that come with some texture, maybe the bedrosian cloe tile would fit your need. Plus, if you choose black as your bathroom theme, the fixture and bathroom accessories with polished silver finish, such as thetoilet paper holder, shower caddy, etc. can add an accent in your bathroom.

KS025 (1).jpg

123L-8-600x600 - 副本.jpg

Edited by Ciel2333