Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ilys

Aircon Bills - Inverter Vs Non-inverter

Does inverter aircon help to reduce ele. bills as compared to non-inverter aircon?

I have heard that only by using all units concurrently, then there will be savings.

Else, if the usage is just confined to a room.

The savings is not visible as with a non-inverter.

Anyone with exp, pls advise as i m contemplating whether to get inverter or non-inverter.

Thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Does inverter aircon help to reduce ele. bills as compared to non-inverter aircon?

I have heard that only by using all units concurrently, then there will be savings.

Anyone with exp, pls advise as i m contemplating whether to get inverter or non-inverter.

Thanks

Inverter system is MORE expensive than non-inverter types. estimate 1.5 times

Consumsion is less for Inverter system. maybe 30-40% savings on electricity

bottom line - how much u using each day?

similar if u using cash to buy or credit cards to charge & then pay interest :D

Thanks

thought it's the other way round?

if always on all together, non-inverter is good enough

but if only on one or two fancoil, inverter is better

coz if on one fancoil only for non-inverter, the power consumption is still 100% coz the CU is running regardless of how many fancoils are switched on...

thought it's the other way round?

but if only on one or two fancoil, inverter is better

coz if on one fancoil only for non-inverter, the power consumption is still 100% coz the CU is running regardless of how many fancoils are switched on...

If switching on all units together, it is better to get inverter because inverter can run on partial load, consuming a fraction of the electricity that a non-inverter consumes... non-inverter is either running on full load or not running at all, hence power is cut in and cut out intermittently... over an entire night (8-10 hrs) , the cost of running partial load should be cheaper than cost of intermittently running on full load...

If switching on all units together, it is better to get inverter because inverter can run on partial load,

So, who is correct, any more expert advice ?

If switching on all units together, it is better to get inverter because inverter can run on partial load, consuming a fraction of the electricity that a non-inverter consumes... non-inverter is either running on full load or not running at all, hence power is cut in and cut out intermittently... over an entire night (8-10 hrs) , the cost of running partial load should be cheaper than cost of intermittently running on full load...

that's why if on all together non-inverter is good enough mah

coz both will be running on full load

but if only on one or two, then non-inverter still run full load but inverter will run partial load

that's why the savings? :yamseng:

Thanks

My experience with non-inverter had definitely cost more even low consumption. Whichever type's , your bill would be around at least $50 more if you use air con. I've a invert system having it run almost 9hr (13 BTU)in average and the elect bill come to about $60 comparing with non-invert type where it cost about $20 more.

that's why if on all together non-inverter is good enough mah

coz both will be running on full load

but if only on one or two, then non-inverter still run full load but inverter will run partial load

that's why the savings? :)

even if on all together, inverter will still run on partial load once the pre-set temperature is reached... i.e. inverter will run on full load only for the first hour or so to cool the room to the pre-set temperature, and after that it will run on partial load to maintain the temperature...

non-inverter works quite differently.. it runs full load for the first hour or so to cool the room to the pre-set temperature , then it will shut down and let the room temperature rise to abt 2 deg celcius above the pre-set temperature, and then it re-start and runs full load until the pre-set temperature is reached, then shut down again... the cycle continues... so, non-inverter switches between full load and shut-down...

generally, over an entire night (8-10 hrs), an inverter will consume less electricity than a non-inverter, regardless of how many indoor units are switched on...

the critical question is whether the electricity cost savings in using an inverter is sufficient to offset the higher price of the inverter... if u use aircon almost everyday, an inverter is worthwhile because u can save a lot on electricity bill, but if u use only once or twice a week, then u save only a little on electricity bill, and so an inverter is not worthwhile...

for example, an inverter costs $1000 more than a non-inverter... u use the aircon everynight, so u can save $20 every month on electricity by using the inverter, u can recoup the $1000 over a period of $1000/$20 = 50 months = 4 yrs 2 months... an aircon can typically last u about 5 to 7 years, so, it is worthwhile to buy the inverter...

however, if u hardly use the aircon, u save only $5 every month by using an inverter, then it will take $1000/$5 = 200 months = 16 years 8 months... u can't recoup the money within the life span of the inverter aircon, so it is not worthwhile to buy inverter... it is cheaper to buy non-inverter...

Edited by redbottle

My experience with non-inverter had definitely cost more even low consumption. Whichever type's , your bill would be around at least $50 more if you use air con. I've a invert system having it run almost 9hr (13 BTU)in average and the elect bill come to about $60 comparing with non-invert type where it cost about $20 more.

hi, mind to tell us that which brand of no-inverte that u using?

As i know that got some non-inverter aircon r also under save energy list, such like Fujitsu and mitshubisi easy clean.

As i know that got some non-inverter aircon r also under save energy list, such like Fujitsu and mitshubisi easy clean.

you can check out the Mitsubishi non inverter Sys 3 - MUX-20TV/MS-A10VD x 3. One of the most energy savings for non inverters..im planning to get this also

you can check out the Mitsubishi non inverter Sys 3 - MUX-20TV/MS-A10VD x 3. One of the most energy savings for non inverters..im planning to get this also

hi, any idea how much its it?

European's brand , single unit. Nowaday newer model non-inverter for low usage are still ok. Again, if you're planning to use it every nite then inverter system would be recommended.

hi, any idea how much its it?

Should be less then 2K or around 1900 or lower, inc installation.