Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gohkm

New Flat At Clementi Blk 459

I got a new unit at clementi Blk 459 for $360K (low floor, 110sqm). U guys think izzit worth it? I pay the booking fee but still got until september to decide. Pls advise....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

advise on what?

buying a flat is quite a big decision, considering you got to stay there for at least 5yrs, or at least have your money locked up for 5yrs.

if you had picked it because of the location, all is well

if not for that price you can get BIG BIG flats else where :notti:

advise on what?

buying a flat is quite a big decision, considering you got to stay there for at least 5yrs, or at least have your money locked up for 5yrs.

if you had picked it because of the location, all is well

if not for that price you can get BIG BIG flats else where :notti:

But Clementi is coming up big with the new bus interchange & shopping centre. Somemore it is new and 5-rm. Consider big for new flat.

But really up to you cos buying flat is big commitment.

But Clementi is coming up big with the new bus interchange & shopping centre. Somemore it is new and 5-rm. Consider big for new flat.

But really up to you cos buying flat is big commitment.

My wife likes clementi very much. Me is neutral. But i am just wondering is 360K a right price to pay for a 5rm(low floor 110sqm) ? Is the price too high, low or just right? I find that 360k is about the price of a new flat in bukit merah.........how come the price of a new flat in clementi is almost the same as a flat in bukit merah but the popularity is not as hot? Just like to hear some views.....thanks........

eight years ago, woodlands four room also 110sqm selling at $110k nia

a bit far but three times the prices? :bow::P

seriously, i won't pay this kind of price for clementi loh

to me it's almost as far as sengkang, and i paid less for my EA :P

In my opinion, Clementi is way better than Seng Kang. It's really nearer to go to CBD area or Orchard area from Clementi than from Seng Kang. Recently, Clementi properties' prices have been rising also so there must be good reasons why. I think the price is quite reasonable considering the recent boom. Prices for Seng Kang's properties haven't changed much right?

eight years ago, woodlands four room also 110sqm selling at $110k nia

a bit far but three times the prices? :yamseng::D

seriously, i won't pay this kind of price for clementi loh

to me it's almost as far as sengkang, and i paid less for my EA :P

eh a $20k increase within 3mths count or not?

but took SK bcoz dun have big flats in central area loh

guess everywhere considered far for me coz me staying chinatown :D

but $360k for clementi 110sqm is far too expensive

chinatown 120sqm only $400k, right above chinatown mrt somemore :dunno:

Hmmm....How low is yr low? Super low?

Super low floor's resale value is lower compared to those high floors.

And if u ask me Clementi area, yes, I will pay for this amount of money if

it is high floor....

Why??? Cos Clementi is a matured area, there ia a hawker centre and cofy shops

nearby, a big NTUC, swimming pool and near MRT. There are many buses going to town

from Clementi too. And there are nearby schools and institutions too, for example, NUS,

S'pore Poly, Ngee Poly and other neighbouring pri and sec schs.

In west area, Clementi flats are the most expensive.

I dun tink I will choose Seng Kang over Clementi....

I nearly purchase a 4 room resale flat (near the swimming pool) for 370k - valued at 360k and

is high floor. But too bad the MBR is facing the MRT track and it is very noisy.....else I already bought it!

Of cos the final decision still lies in you....

My wife likes clementi very much. Me is neutral. But i am just wondering is 360K a right price to pay for a 5rm(low floor 110sqm) ? Is the price too high, low or just right? I find that 360k is about the price of a new flat in bukit merah.........how come the price of a new flat in clementi is almost the same as a flat in bukit merah but the popularity is not as hot? Just like to hear some views.....thanks........

You have the compare apple to apple.

Is your Clementi flat near to any amenities (bus stop, mrt, hawker centre, wet market, etc)? If yes, then compare that to a flat in Bt Merah/Redhill that is also near to similiar amenities.

I dun think a Bt Merah flat in a good location is only $360k - my friend just bought one unit near the Redhill MRT at $402k, new 5-rm flat, 110sqm. IMHO, if your flat is near amenities in Clementi, then its worth $360k. The resale market now is still higher than that.

But don't take my words for it lah, go do some research in the area for similiar flats and find out the prices - best way is to make use of a property agent to furnish you some stats. Hehe... :notti:

Edited by zirhk3355

Thank u guys for the reply. How low? Its 2nd floor. I get this unit from feb hdb ballot. Not facing rubbish chute but face a multi purpose hall. I want get higher floor but no chance, all is taken during my hdb appt. My block is next to clementi central & mrt. 5 mins walk to swimming pool, stadium, ntuc, coffeeshop etc. Is 360k still worth it?

Thank u guys for the reply. How low? Its 2nd floor. I get this unit from feb hdb ballot. Not facing rubbish chute but face a multi purpose hall. I want get higher floor but no chance, all is taken during my hdb appt. My block is next to clementi central & mrt. 5 mins walk to swimming pool, stadium, ntuc, coffeeshop etc. Is 360k still worth it?

The worth of something is not determined by a few strangers' opinions.

If you're not convinced about its value, don't buy.

The worth of something is not determined by a few strangers' opinions.

If you're not convinced about its value, don't buy.

second that, most important is you must like

IMHO now is not a good time coz everything is so expensive

really reminds me of 1997/98, esp those who took bank loan

coz the value of their homes dropped below the outstanding loan so banks are foreclosing on them

got jump down, got hang themselves on the staircase !! !!

at $360k, you got to really like the area and condition (you know hdb new flats :unsure:)

coz most prob you got to sell at a loss next time coz of the accrued interest...

second that, most important is you must like

IMHO now is not a good time coz everything is so expensive

really reminds me of 1997/98, esp those who took bank loan

coz the value of their homes dropped below the outstanding loan so banks are foreclosing on them

got jump down, got hang themselves on the staircase :dancingqueen::dribble:

at $360k, you got to really like the area and condition (you know hdb new flats :dancingqueen:)

coz most prob you got to sell at a loss next time coz of the accrued interest...

This is very true. I must qualify, the worthiness of the place at $360k, to me, is ok FOR NOW. When the property bubble crashes later, I am not sure if its still worthwhile then, but nobody knows...

There is a story told by Peter Lynch about someone who had a $10,000 dog. When he asked him how he knew the dog was worth $10,000, he said he knew it because he had just exchanged two $5,000 cats for it.

The moral of the story is that the price of something depends on what you can get for it in the open market. If you can buy at $360k and sell at $720k, more power to you! And whether the price will stay at $360k, go up to $720k or go down to $100k, no one really knows.

Oscar Wilde said: “These days man knows the price of everything, but the value of nothing.” The value and intrinsic worth of something is a completely different matter from the market price.

This is how I feel. So maybe I am a bit naive.

Sometimes when you buy something, you pay for what you like. In this case, if you will not use it as an investment and both of you like the unit, that it is fine. But if you want to use it as an investment property, then I would advice you not to get it. For investment, you will really need to get prime area.

You see it as a 360k flat. But how do you feel about the value of the flat? Is it worth more than what you pay for?

It's up to you to decide.