Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gohkm

New Flat At Clementi Blk 459

This is how I feel. So maybe I am a bit naive.

Sometimes when you buy something, you pay for what you like. In this case, if you will not use it as an investment and both of you like the unit, that it is fine. But if you want to use it as an investment property, then I would advice you not to get it. For investment, you will really need to get prime area.

You see it as a 360k flat. But how do you feel about the value of the flat? Is it worth more than what you pay for?

It's up to you to decide.

I agrees....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Take a look around your neighbourhood... get to know the neighbours, see if you like living with them cos good neighbour is hard to get and bad neighbour is hard to live with....

do you plan to stay for 5 years or to resell it after the MOP period. For a new flat, the resale-value will be higher than your purchase price. Of course, subjected to market condition. But since it is near Clementi, should be getting a good price... again check the surrounding price of Clementi lor.

Hi,

Clementi is a matured estate. HDB is trying to rejuvenate the estate by builiding and intergrated aircon bus interchange, shopping mall, library and houses. Recently Clementi Ave 1 was enbloc. So more new houses will be up too.

As explained earlier by one of the forummers it has many good facilities like schools, polys, universities, hospital, west coast park, food outlets etc and it is very near to Orchard (20 mins by bus no. 7).

I've been living in Clementi for 20+ yrs. Lots of friend say it is a nice place but can't afford to shift becoz of the high prices.

Although i find the price for 2nd flr ($360K) expensive - it is worth it. Alot of demand is there for students and working professionals who seek accomodation.

Recently my friend's place at Boon Lay drive got enbloc and it was time for him to select a place. HDB initially offered only Jurong West St 93, 64 but somehow included Clementi last minute. I convinced my friend to take Clementi (blk 462). He saw the recently transacted prices and agreed that it is a good and wise choice.

Hi,

Clementi is a matured estate. HDB is trying to rejuvenate the estate by builiding and intergrated aircon bus interchange, shopping mall, library and houses. Recently Clementi Ave 1 was enbloc. So more new houses will be up too.

As explained earlier by one of the forummers it has many good facilities like schools, polys, universities, hospital, west coast park, food outlets etc and it is very near to Orchard (20 mins by bus no. 7).

I've been living in Clementi for 20+ yrs. Lots of friend say it is a nice place but can't afford to shift becoz of the high prices.

Although i find the price for 2nd flr ($360K) expensive - it is worth it. Alot of demand is there for students and working professionals who seek accomodation.

Recently my friend's place at Boon Lay drive got enbloc and it was time for him to select a place. HDB initially offered only Jurong West St 93, 64 but somehow included Clementi last minute. I convinced my friend to take Clementi (blk 462). He saw the recently transacted prices and agreed that it is a good and wise choice.

Hi,

The flat my wife and i currently staying already 5 years old....so during feb 2007, we go for ballot a place at clementi........we choose clementi becos our schools (SP, NUS) is there, got feeling already......when our turn to choose the 5 room flat, we left only second floor..........we were told by hdb officers if we dont want, the chinese couple behind us very interested......but we still book the unit first......cos the amenities around our clementi place seems really good (can walk to stadium, ntuc, swimming pool, mrt, lot of koptiam). But now i just thinking is the price of $360k ok? And i find that not much ppl choose clementi, many choose bukit merah instead(cos i find many r discussing about bukit merah)...........clementi such a lousy place?

Hi,

The flat my wife and i currently staying already 5 years old....so during feb 2007, we go for ballot a place at clementi........we choose clementi becos our schools (SP, NUS) is there, got feeling already......when our turn to choose the 5 room flat, we left only second floor..........we were told by hdb officers if we dont want, the chinese couple behind us very interested......but we still book the unit first......cos the amenities around our clementi place seems really good (can walk to stadium, ntuc, swimming pool, mrt, lot of koptiam). But now i just thinking is the price of $360k ok? And i find that not much ppl choose clementi, many choose bukit merah instead(cos i find many r discussing about bukit merah)...........clementi such a lousy place?

clementi is not a lousy place.

but when compared to bt merah, it definitely lose out loh

the price of a property not just depend on the proximity of facilities, it will also depend on how much it can fetch on the rental market.

honestly, i dun think a 2nd flr 5-rm unit in bt merah will cost $360k loh

HDB is jacking up the price now that the market is in a bull run

the price of new flats are tagged to the market rate, so not much difference between the price of new/resale flat liao.

most important consideration when you buy a flat

1. do you like the area?

2. do you like the flat? i.e. layout, facing, location etc

3. can you afford the monthly installment if one of you got retrenched?

before thinking if the flat is worth it, ask yourself these questions. if the answer to any one of them is no, then the flat is not worth it liao :dunno::deal:

clementi is not a lousy place.

but when compared to bt merah, it definitely lose out loh

the price of a property not just depend on the proximity of facilities, it will also depend on how much it can fetch on the rental market.

honestly, i dun think a 2nd flr 5-rm unit in bt merah will cost $360k loh

HDB is jacking up the price now that the market is in a bull run

the price of new flats are tagged to the market rate, so not much difference between the price of new/resale flat liao.

most important consideration when you buy a flat

1. do you like the area?

before thinking if the flat is worth it, ask yourself these questions. if the answer to any one of them is no, then the flat is not worth it liao :no: :no:

Thanks for the reply. I also scared HDB is jacking up the price of HDB flat now. But i also think since i am trying to sell my present flat abit higher, so it is fair that i buy the clementi flat high. Dont know this thinking correct anot.....

1. do you like the area?

Yes, i like the area. I have never live in a place so near to stadium, swimming pool, town central and mrt in my life yet.

The flat is ok. The bad point to many is that it is 2nd floor and it face a multipurpose hall. To me, 2nd floor is still ok cos all my life the highest i live is 3rd floor....

before thinking if the flat is worth it, ask yourself these questions. if the answer to any one of them is no, then the flat is not worth it liao :no: :no:

This is a tough one. But after selling my current flat, i wont have much to pay for the clementi flat i guess..........but during retrenchment or out of job...........everything will be tough...........thats one of my worry also.................nvm, i still got until september to decide.........................

Thanks for the reply. I also scared HDB is jacking up the price of HDB flat now. But i also think since i am trying to sell my present flat abit higher, so it is fair that i buy the clementi flat high. Dont know this thinking correct anot.....

1. do you like the area?

Yes, i like the area. I have never live in a place so near to stadium, swimming pool, town central and mrt in my life yet.

this is still proximity to facilities. there are many places in singapore that is near to stadium, swimming pool, town central and mrt. but do you like the area e.g. residents of the area etc. take for example, chinatown is a love/hate place coz i love it for the convenience and vibrancy but hate it when it comes to CNY coz of the crowd. going home is a nightmare :no: for clementi, i'd assume there'll be a lot of youngsters and buses will be crowded when the students are going for classes or leaving for home.

The flat is ok. The bad point to many is that it is 2nd floor and it face a multipurpose hall. To me, 2nd floor is still ok cos all my life the highest i live is 3rd floor....

how do you like the way the rooms are laid out, the use of space or the size of the living room compared to the rooms. e.g. my new home in SK has two entrace to the kitchen that's why i took it :no: if you face the MPH, do you like to sleep in during weekends? coz that's when functions will be held there e.g. weddings, children playing etc.

This is a tough one. But after selling my current flat, i wont have much to pay for the clementi flat i guess..........but during retrenchment or out of job...........everything will be tough...........thats one of my worry also.................nvm, i still got until september to decide.........................

it really depends on your monthly expenditures. some earn $5k but only managed to save $200. some earn $2k but managed to save $1k. if you already have an emergency fund of 12 x monthly salary, retrenchment is not so much a headache. if you dun mind me asking, how much CPF will you have when you sell your current flat? if it's more than $200k then this won't be much of a problem. if it's less than $130k then i'd really ask you to reconsider :no:

I used to stay at Holland Flat, 5th Floor facing MPH too....And indeed it can be quite noisy when there

are Malay weddings, Chinese funerals and etc....but if u can stand it, then its ok.

For me. it is quite difficult for me as I am a light sleeper and I overlook the MPH when I

purchase the unit.

Tat is y I keep a lokout for MPH for my current unit.

Most important u must be comfortable with the unit and the loan repayment.

Our advices is only a guide for u and not to influence yr decision.

Hi,

It may seem somewhat irrelevant, but follow your gut feeling.

If you have many uncertainties about your purchase, it will not do u any good in the long run, as u will always have this sniggering feeling of 'what if' etc.

Adopt the cup 'half full half empty' theory...

'half full' - all the plus points that u hv already listed

'half empty' - low floor, fear of defaulting on loan instalments etc ...

as what karen77sg said, advice on the forum is just a guide.

Once u made a decision, dun look back else life will be miserable.

:yamseng:

Hi,

It may seem somewhat irrelevant, but follow your gut feeling.

If you have many uncertainties about your purchase, it will not do u any good in the long run, as u will always have this sniggering feeling of 'what if' etc.

Adopt the cup 'half full half empty' theory...

'half full' - all the plus points that u hv already listed

'half empty' - low floor, fear of defaulting on loan instalments etc ...

as what karen77sg said, advice on the forum is just a guide.

Once u made a decision, dun look back else life will be miserable.

:dancingqueen:

Thanks for the replies from u guys............... :(

I know which block liao. It's unblocked cos you are facing the multi purpose hall and should have a bit of pool view?

This is probably the best of all the 2nd floors. It's like the pool is just besides your place, like a condo, just that u have to pay lor. :P

I know which block liao. It's unblocked cos you are facing the multi purpose hall and should have a bit of pool view?

This is probably the best of all the 2nd floors. It's like the pool is just besides your place, like a condo, just that u have to pay lor. :P

Hi,

haha, bingo........u know huh...........u stay clementi too? How come u know huh? Actually i always swim at my office swimming pool(cos i love swimming) but i still feel excited when i saw the pool below my block..........i like the place but just dont like the price. I cannot say dont like, just dont know is the price of 360k for a 5 room flat justifiable............

Thank you

James

I happened to drive past the other day and I saw the full length windows which is what I like. I also like the unblock view which should be very nice.

Last sat there's an article on the average prices for the different types of flats in different areas. Check it out and see. Since it's 2nd floor, u should use that to negotiate for a better price. It should be lower than the price indicated in the newspaper. The area is very convenient. Quite near to MRT. Across the road is supermarket and central. Downstairs got pool and sports hall / gym etc. Easy access to PIE / AYE. Probably about 12 mins drive to City Hall / Suntec and about 10 mins drive to Orchard (going by Holland V, Farrer Road?

Hi,

haha, bingo........u know huh...........u stay clementi too? How come u know huh? Actually i always swim at my office swimming pool(cos i love swimming) but i still feel excited when i saw the pool below my block..........i like the place but just dont like the price. I cannot say dont like, just dont know is the price of 360k for a 5 room flat justifiable............

Thank you

James

I happened to drive past the other day and I saw the full length windows which is what I like. I also like the unblock view which should be very nice.

Last sat there's an article on the average prices for the different types of flats in different areas. Check it out and see. Since it's 2nd floor, u should use that to negotiate for a better price. It should be lower than the price indicated in the newspaper. The area is very convenient. Quite near to MRT. Across the road is supermarket and central. Downstairs got pool and sports hall / gym etc. Easy access to PIE / AYE. Probably about 12 mins drive to City Hall / Suntec and about 10 mins drive to Orchard (going by Holland V, Farrer Road?

I couldnt negotiate for a better price.....i got this new unit from hdb...........through this year feb balloting..........i dont think hdb allow negotiation...........