Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gohkm

New Flat At Clementi Blk 459

Ok, sorry never see properly.

Then the price should be reasonable lor. So if you like it then can buy lah. All depends on your preference. Demand for that area is quite high so resale shouldn't be a problem too since it's one of the newer flats there also.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Ok, sorry never see properly.

Then the price should be reasonable lor. So if you like it then can buy lah. All depends on your preference. Demand for that area is quite high so resale shouldn't be a problem too since it's one of the newer flats there also.

Hi Icer,

Where u stay? U seems to know the place well. When i ask ppl about opinion abt clementi........i got friends who live sunset way and clementi, they will say things like," Just take it.......dont even think..........they wont shift to any other places.........so convenient..." Some others will say..........."clementi where got good, the price too high......its ulu, at the west...........where izzit?.." Haha, confusing...............

I stay in Jurong West now. I used to stay in Queenstown and Bukit Merah area. Knows Clementi well cos I studied in NUS before.

To me Clementi is convenient enough though its still in the west. My reasons are;

1) Near to NUS, NTU, NP and SP if u have kids going uni or poly.

2) 12 mins drive to City hall area and 10 mins to Orchard.

3) Near to Holland Village.

4) Near to IMM.

5) Easy access to PIE and AYE.

6) Convenient location with lots of shops and food.

Those people who said Clementi is ulu probably stayed in the East or North their whole life. To me, Bedok, Tampines, Yishun, Seng Kang, Punggol, Sembawang and Marsiling are super far off and ulu.

So different people different lor.

Hi Icer,

Where u stay? U seems to know the place well. When i ask ppl about opinion abt clementi........i got friends who live sunset way and clementi, they will say things like," Just take it.......dont even think..........they wont shift to any other places.........so convenient..." Some others will say..........."clementi where got good, the price too high......its ulu, at the west...........where izzit?.." Haha, confusing...............

I stay in Jurong West now. I used to stay in Queenstown and Bukit Merah area. Knows Clementi well cos I studied in NUS before.

To me Clementi is convenient enough though its still in the west. My reasons are;

1) Near to NUS, NTU, NP and SP if u have kids going uni or poly.

2) 12 mins drive to City hall area and 10 mins to Orchard.

3) Near to Holland Village.

4) Near to IMM.

5) Easy access to PIE and AYE.

6) Convenient location with lots of shops and food.

Those people who said Clementi is ulu probably stayed in the East or North their whole life. To me, Bedok, Tampines, Yishun, Seng Kang, Punggol, Sembawang and Marsiling are super far off and ulu.

So different people different lor.

In all fairness, perhaps the reason why u say clementi is not ulu, is because u have stayed in Jurong west all ur life? :~

But on a serious note to the TS, houses dont come cheap nowadays, esp when the prices are now filtering down to the resale and hdb market.

Most importantly, make a calculation for your expenses, if your household income can support, i'd say go ahead if u like the location and amenities.

There is never a perfect place. Usually they are already taken up at even higher prices :dancingqueen:

I always marvel at people who complain abt how new houses small, yet want new house. want amenities yet want cheap price... I know some ppl who end up waiting and waiting til they hit their late 30s and still they complain abt the govt dont give them a chance to get a new flat they want. The fact is, perhaps they should reflect how picky they were when they had the chance? Even Mah Bow Tan put it so on the papers recently, if you cant afford central areas, go bishan,amk,bkt merah, else further like clementi,tampines, still cant afford, go jurong,woodlands,ponggol. U have a choice. U pay peanuts, u get monkeys.

hello, its now yr 2007.

Who knows, if u wait even longer, the price of your flats and sizes will end up to be like hongkong's.

Edited by istarcon

Hello,

I think I mentioned I stayed in Bukit Merah and Queenstown if you can read properly. :( And I dun think that is very far off from central.

Anyway, I still can't imagine anyone can say Clementi is ulu.

In all fairness, perhaps the reason why u say clementi is not ulu, is because u have stayed in Jurong west all ur life? :)

But on a serious note to the TS, houses dont come cheap nowadays, esp when the prices are now filtering down to the resale and hdb market.

Most importantly, make a calculation for your expenses, if your household income can support, i'd say go ahead if u like the location and amenities.

There is never a perfect place. Usually they are already taken up at even higher prices :yamseng:

I always marvel at people who complain abt how new houses small, yet want new house. want amenities yet want cheap price... I know some ppl who end up waiting and waiting til they hit their late 30s and still they complain abt the govt dont give them a chance to get a new flat they want. The fact is, perhaps they should reflect how picky they were when they had the chance? Even Mah Bow Tan put it so on the papers recently, if you cant afford central areas, go bishan,amk,bkt merah, else further like clementi,tampines, still cant afford, go jurong,woodlands,ponggol. U have a choice. U pay peanuts, u get monkeys.

hello, its now yr 2007.

Who knows, if u wait even longer, the price of your flats and sizes will end up to be like hongkong's.

I know of a unit at 459 that was sold for $530K. It was high floor but near the MRT track and very noisy everytime the train passes by. I think $360K is a very good buy for the current market now.

Even though it is low floor if you dont get the noise from the MRT i will think it is still all right.

Noise from the MPH is not as frequent as the MRT, imagine when they extend the hours during weekends..

Clementi is ulu? haha... wait till u go to Punggol...

I got a new unit at clementi Blk 459 for $360K (low floor, 110sqm). U guys think izzit worth it? I pay the booking fee but still got until september to decide. Pls advise....

Hi guys,

Im new to this forum. I will be getting a new unit at clementi Blk 458 for 390k.

Will be collecting my keys this weekend!

Im currently staying opposite clementi mrt with my mum and have been eyeing the units at clementi heights for a long time! :good:

Hi guys,

Im new to this forum. I will be getting a new unit at clementi Blk 458 for 390k.

Will be collecting my keys this weekend!

Im currently staying opposite clementi mrt with my mum and have been eyeing the units at clementi heights for a long time! :sport-smiley-004:

Hi,

Haha, u r new neighbour..........I get a low floor unit (5rm) at Blk 459 at 360k....u think 360k++ for that place really worth it?................the location not bad but the maintenance of the block abit bad, like not much ppl live there, also abit dusty..............how come eyeing that place for a long time.............how come this place never open for previous walk-in selection..........cos i check many units for blk 458, blk 459 and 460 have been vacant since 2002.............

Hi,

Haha, u r new neighbour..........I get a low floor unit (5rm) at Blk 459 at 360k....u think 360k++ for that place really worth it?................the location not bad but the maintenance of the block abit bad, like not much ppl live there, also abit dusty..............how come eyeing that place for a long time.............how come this place never open for previous walk-in selection..........cos i check many units for blk 458, blk 459 and 460 have been vacant since 2002.............

Not sure why HDB never open it to WIS, probably because Clementi heights is under SERS scheme. So never open for WIS.

I have been staying in Clementi for 10 years so i really love the area excluding the pathetic town centre which is gonna change soon. Expecting to see a nice shopping mall and cinema coming up. So close to the upcoming one BV hub at BV mrt, Holland Village, IMM, Orchard, City Centre and Bugis. Access to AYE and PIE. Need only 15 mins to reach bugis. Do not need to fight with others for the expressway. My personal opinion, compare the AYE and the CTE, i will take using the AYE over the CTE any day. Plus its close to my MIL place who is gonna be our child's care giver.

Your unit is facing the road right? I initially wanted to choose the road facing units in blk 459 between level 12-14. However my wife thought that it is really noisy as the road leads to west coast and the AYE. So early morning and late night, there will be unbearable noise from the road and the mrt track.

Hopefully, you are taking the units with the normal shaped floor plans. Personal opinion is not to take the units which are odd shaped. Its going to be hard to place your furniture and it will definately hinder you when you try to sell it later on. Do you realise that there are very little normal shaped floor plan units for the balloting exercise. Most of them are 1st to 14 floor units.

I had tried window shopping for resale units are clementi heights 3 mths ago after submitting my ballot application.

The results: 4rm (Valuation - 380 to 390k; Asking 420k) These are the odd shaped units.

5rm (Valuation - 450 to 460k; Asking 500k above) These are for high floor normal shaped units.

But these are already 3 mths ago.

In the end, you have to weigh the pros and cons, if you are really keen on the unit. Will you be happy to stay there for the next 5 years. For me, I will gladly stay there for the next 20 years.

Cheers,

Ahberden

Not sure why HDB never open it to WIS, probably because Clementi heights is under SERS scheme. So never open for WIS.

My reply: why hdb leave it vacant for 5 yrs cos i see the flat is built at 2002..............leave me puzzled.....i saw some units got some renovations do half way and left vacant.........i think mine abit also.......

I have been staying in Clementi for 10 years so i really love the area excluding the pathetic town centre which is gonna change soon. Expecting to see a nice shopping mall and cinema coming up. So close to the upcoming one BV hub at BV mrt, Holland Village, IMM, Orchard, City Centre and Bugis. Access to AYE and PIE. Need only 15 mins to reach bugis. Do not need to fight with others for the expressway. My personal opinion, compare the AYE and the CTE, i will take using the AYE over the CTE any day. Plus its close to my MIL place who is gonna be our child's care giver.

My reply: My wife and i never stay at clementi before and neither do our parents but our schools (NUS, SP) are there, so got feeling towards that area. Thats why we choose clementi rather than bukit merah and bedok. But i see most ppl is talking about bukit merah and bedok..........is clementi so ulu and jialat?

Your unit is facing the road right? I initially wanted to choose the road facing units in blk 459 between level 12-14. However my wife thought that it is really noisy as the road leads to west coast and the AYE. So early morning and late night, there will be unbearable noise from the road and the mrt track.

My reply: My unit not facing main road. One side facing multi purpose hall, one side facing coconuts trees. I dont take the facing the main road unit though its normal shape, cos its too noisy. My floor got only 3 units, i see most floors got 4. I got some spacing in front my house...........i very happy...........i thinking to buy that space from hdb and fence it up.............u know how to do it? How much that cost usually?

Hopefully, you are taking the units with the normal shaped floor plans. Personal opinion is not to take the units which are odd shaped. Its going to be hard to place your furniture and it will definately hinder you when you try to sell it later on. Do you realise that there are very little normal shaped floor plan units for the balloting exercise. Most of them are 1st to 14 floor units.

My reply: My unit is not normal shape. I take it becos the normal shape flat face the main road.....abit noisy...........i used to abnormal shape house already cos my present flat i own is also not normal shape. 1 thing to note,abnormal does not affect the resale value at all, in fact my valuation is very high.....i abit shocked..........

I suppose that the odd shape floor plan will not affect your valuation. However, when you are trying to resale your flat in the market in future, the buyer will definately take the floor plan into consideration and thats a disadvantage and might haggle the price with you. That's just my personal opinion. !!

Hmm...I also tink odd shape house a bit difficult on the selling price too...

Firstly, those not religion believers, may find difficult to place and buy furniture.

And those religion believers, will not buy the unit. For me, I will not buy cos I believes

in FS. Of cos, this is my personal opinion and it is up to individual.

Just collected my keys from HDB on 11 Aug 07 Sat morning. :D

Whole process took approx. 1 hr.

Have already opened the door to my new home as the 7th month is coming monday.

So quickly proceed to go open door... :dancingqueen:

Have ard 7 days to report any defects. Any idea what are the stuff to check?? :bangwall:

Congrats! $390K is quite cheap liao.

Which floor is it?

Just collected my keys from HDB on 11 Aug 07 Sat morning. zz

Whole process took approx. 1 hr.

Have already opened the door to my new home as the 7th month is coming monday.

So quickly proceed to go open door... :D

Have ard 7 days to report any defects. Any idea what are the stuff to check?? :)